PDA

View Full Version : Stutters gone with Cat 4.1's

Mescof1
11-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Hello all!

I installed fb+aep+pf and pf as a stand alone. Been testing the stand alone version. When I checked Multitexture and combine in the Il2 set up it caused a very slight stutter in some situations on both installations.

Finally decided to try the 4.1's today as they were my favorite drivers till the 4.10's came out.

The stutters are gone with the 4.1's and I can check the items I want in the Il2 set up with no adverse affect now.

Also, the image quality is much better and the water has even improved. The textures on the shorelines and around the streams is 100 Percent better.

I did probably loose 4 or 5 frames per second, but for me it's worth it. I can afford the fps loss and would rather have a few less frames and a smooth running sim.

I no eveyone's system is different, and I run only in excellent, but for me, and for right now, the good ole 4.1's did the trick.

PT4 2.66 gig processor
9800 128 mg Pro
Audigy 2
1 gig PC 1066

Mescoff

fordfan25
11-07-2004, 09:06 PM
to me it sucks when an older driver works better than the new ones lol. if ya use the older ones this game may run better but new games like farcry doom3 ect run worse if at all lol. wish thay could find some way of simplafing the whole driver thing. o well

VW-IceFire
11-07-2004, 09:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
to me it sucks when an older driver works better than the new ones lol. if ya use the older ones this game may run better but new games like farcry doom3 ect run worse if at all lol. wish thay could find some way of simplafing the whole driver thing. o well <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is...just put the ATI OpenGL DLL file in the Forgotten Battles directory and problem solved. I'm running 4.10 Catalyst for everything else and 4.7 for AEP/PF. 4.7 is tons better than 4.10 for PF right now it seems.

fordfan25
11-07-2004, 10:16 PM
how do ya do that?

ZERO-BASE
11-07-2004, 11:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mescof1:
...I did probably loose 4 or 5 frames per second, but for me it's worth it. I can afford the fps loss and would rather have a few less frames and a smooth running sim...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use the Omegas 2.5.14, they are based on the original catalyst 4.1. This solution has the advantage of overclockability so you can at least compensate the framerate loss.

Robo.
11-08-2004, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
how do ya do that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All you need to do is:

1. download any prefered drivers (as executable) and run setup. After they unpack themselves into C:\ATI\Whatever folder, locate the file named atioglxx.dl_ and copy it on the desktop.

2. you can delete the C:\ATI folder in the meanwhile and all you need now is to extract the *.dl_ to *.dll file. Simply renaming it won`t help.

3. Paste the atioglxx.dl_ into C:\ root folder or on some easy reachable place, hit START button and into the command line type cmd and hit enter.

4. DOS windows appears and now you hae to type the folder where the atioglxx.dl_ is placed (C:\ for us) and type following command:

expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll

5. hit enter and voila - if done properly, the "size changed" message appears and in the same folder, atioglxx.dll file can be found (old will be overwritten). This is the file you have to place into the FB folder.

scottmal1
11-08-2004, 09:30 AM
all you need to do is: be a computer programmer!!