PDA

View Full Version : New bomb vids

DarthEzio55
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Bomb vids (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1198604p1.html)
Not that much in the article, except gives us little more insight in bomb making.

DarthEzio55
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Bomb vids (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1198604p1.html)
Not that much in the article, except gives us little more insight in bomb making.

Chronomancy
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Hmm i'm unsure wether to click it or not.

DarthEzio55
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
don't worry, no major spoilers.

rileypoole1234
10-06-2011, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Hmm i'm unsure wether to click it or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would there really be any reason to put something besides what he said in the link. I clicked it, it's a link to IGN's article about bomb making with two new vids. No need to be unsure.

Chronomancy
10-06-2011, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Hmm i'm unsure wether to click it or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would there really be any reason to put something besides what he said in the link. I clicked it, it's a link to IGN's article about bomb making with two new vids. No need to be unsure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People can put viruses in many things, that is why I was unsure. No offence to DarthEzio55 but I don't trust people, no hard feelings.

DarthEzio55
10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
none taken, but all there is just two vids on bomb crafting, but i'm not going force you to click on the link

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
There are 4 vids. One is an official UbiSoft video, the other 3 are direct gameplay.

Here, youtube links. I hate the IGN player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r31VEckFMqI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z349f5-Q164
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kMil_BMQms

the the link he has up there leads to the IGN article. If you look at the bottom of your browser it tells you where it links to.

If you STILL don't feel safe, just search on google 'ign youtube' and scroll their uploads for the 4 videos.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Sweet. Can't wait to start experimenting with the bomb system.

thekarlone
10-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the links. New life bar is horrible, the rest of the Hud is perfect.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:
Thanks for the links. New life bar is horrible, the rest of the Hud is perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ewww, yes. I hope that's not the definitive look of the life bar.

Chronomancy
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
The bomb making looks great. I'm just a little worried that there won't be enough customizations to keep me entertained long enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 04:36 PM
..I love the new lifebar.. &gt;.&lt;

Looks more Animus-y IMO, fits the black room too.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:37 PM
The bomb making looks great. I'm just a little worried that there won't be enough customizations to keep me entertained long enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, 300 kinds seems more than enough to me. I like that you can make money bombs xD

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I probably won't end up using every single bomb combination, although they all look cool.

twenty_glyphs
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Back in May and June they were saying there were over 300 combinations of bombs, but now they're saying it's more than a hundred. They probably had to cut something from that system, but it still looks really cool. I'm happy with 4 types of shells and hopefully something like 15 different types of effect ingredients.

I had the same reaction to the new synch/life bar when I saw it. AC2's was a good idea but too overdone and obtrusive, and Brotherhood refined it to be more elegant and was perfect in my opinion. I really don't like the new one being plain bars, but I suppose I'll get used to it. I appreciate that they're trying to update the interface somewhat. AC2 started the whole diamond shape theme, like in the synch/life bar, map icons and such, and Brotherhood didn't change it too much. Notice that they've changed the mini-map icons and in-game icons to be squares instead of diamonds, as well as the Assassin icon next to the synch/life bar and the weapon icons in the lower left. It's interesting that the hidden blade's icon looks like it has the hookblade icon with it. I'm really glad they've actually shown us the interface this early. I seem to remember not ever really seeing the full HUD before Brotherhood's release.

The ambient music is, as always, fantastic. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack.

Animuses
10-06-2011, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Looks more Animus-y IMO, fits the black room too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like the new lifebar too, but I'd rather it be black.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Looks more Animus-y IMO, fits the black room too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like the new lifebar too, but I'd rather it be black. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Meh, maybe it'll grow on me, I dunno. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

naran6142
10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
i prefer the ACB health bar over the others

maybe they'll spice this new one up a bit

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Can't wait to see more of the Revelations UI. Specifically the pause menu.

DarthEzio55
10-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I like how ubi is now releasing the new secrets of the ottoman assassins replacing the dev dairies, but still i'll miss the ac devs in hoods lol

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthEzio55:
I like how ubi is now releasing the new secrets of the ottoman assassins replacing the dev dairies, but still i'll miss the ac devs in hoods lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also have the new video series of Revealing the secrets or something? I forget the name.

Calvarok
10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I love the new health bar too! : )

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh yea. Behind the Revelations.

These 2 series (Secrets of the Ottoman Assassins and Behind the Revelations) seem to be replacing the Dev Diaries.

naran6142
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh yea. Behind the Revelations.

These 2 series (Secrets of the Ottoman Assassins and Behind the Revelations) seem to be replacing the Dev Diaries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope not, their all kinda short

DarthEzio55
10-06-2011, 06:58 PM
well atleast the ottoman series, is all gameplay, but i did enjoy commentary from the devs. Can't wait For Nov 15!!!!!

eagleforlife1
10-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Ezio seems to be getting forgetful in his old age.

He doesn't know anything about these types of bombs and yet Leonardo made some splinter bombs for he and Macchiavelli to destroy the ships in Valencia harbour when tracking Cesare in Spain.

Toxotes47
10-07-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm not liking this health bar at all but all these bomb combinations look super cool. The caltrop bombs look good.

wapikas
10-07-2011, 06:01 AM
can't wait to use sticky bomb on guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AnthonyA85
10-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Hm, ui looks interesting. I wonder how Eagle Sense is gonna be turned on if that button is now bieng used for bombs. I know the controls can be customized, but still.

I think the health bar will grow on me.

I hope we'll be able to create incendary bombs. I saw that article mention pioson gas bombs, that would be interesting, certainly would be nice to pioson more than one guard at a time for a change. The money bomb looks useful.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

He doesn't know anything about these types of bombs and yet Leonardo made some splinter bombs for he and Macchiavelli to destroy the ships in Valencia harbour when tracking Cesare in Spain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't think that was in the game, so I'm guessing that's in the novel? That would make it non-canon if it's contradicted like this in ACR.

Jexx21
10-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Not trying to be rude here, but can the discussion go to the Secrets of the Ottoman Assassin's topic so it can stay on the front page? It has a useful compilation of videos that people may want.

eagleforlife1
10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

He doesn't know anything about these types of bombs and yet Leonardo made some splinter bombs for he and Macchiavelli to destroy the ships in Valencia harbour when tracking Cesare in Spain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't think that was in the game, so I'm guessing that's in the novel? That would make it non-canon if it's contradicted like this in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ True.

SixKeys
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I like the new life bar. It looks more like the one from AC1 which is fitting considering this game is a link between Alta´r and Ezio.

Moultonborough
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Life Bars is OK I don't mind it too much but I still like the diamonds better. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks Yusf(sp?) sounds like Jacob for GTA IV when he says "Smoke Bomb". It drove me nuts until I realized who it sounded like. Anyone know the VA for both characters?

Jexx21
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
*sigh*

I guess my Secrets of the Ottoman Assassins topic isn't meant to be...