PDA

View Full Version : Metric/Imperial unity selection on config.ini

JoaoMuas
11-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Wouldnâ´t it be usefull to have your prefered default unity selected on config.ini?
I just got used to see MPHs on speed bar and its a little anoying to have to change the default unity everytime mission starts.
I understand its good to have fast access to this setting using the control option, but my idea was to have your last unity selection stored in config.ini, just like your last custom skin for a given aircraft.

JoaoMuas
11-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Wouldnâ´t it be usefull to have your prefered default unity selected on config.ini?
I just got used to see MPHs on speed bar and its a little anoying to have to change the default unity everytime mission starts.
I understand its good to have fast access to this setting using the control option, but my idea was to have your last unity selection stored in config.ini, just like your last custom skin for a given aircraft.

Chuck_Older
11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
This is not likely to be changed. All you do is press a keyboard button a maximum of twice.

I'm sure to you this seems like a big hassle, but to me, well, I can't see your point that it is inconvenient to simply make a pair of keystrokes once per sortie.

Kosmos_04
12-01-2004, 05:28 AM
I normally use the No Speedbar option in Difficulty setup.
Compass heading is still displayed though?!
I still have to key it to switch it off.
Bug?

Dizz_310th
12-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Kosmos,
As I understand it, leaving the compass display is intentional. The rationale has to do with several cockpits having the view of the compass blocked by gunsite, joystick, etc. and impossible to use full switch.

Willey
12-01-2004, 09:19 AM
I also have to zoom out EVERY flight. Maybe Maddox should release a list with some HOTKEY console commands that you can type into the "rcu" file. That would do the trick.