PDA

View Full Version : Death evasion? *Read First*

HiTs4rMaBonG
12-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Ever been chilling in a crowd, notice your pursuer coming for you....he gets almost within range....and in a split second, you run up the wall beside you, making him kill the guy who was next to you. Immediately you drop from the window ledge/wallface and get the stun.

OR...

Hunting a target, get a lock, instead of going in for his crowd like most would, walk to the side, sprint up the wall just a bit, and come down for the aerial, avoiding any possible smokebomb stuns.

Ive done this a few times, mostly accidental, but cool none the less...evasive counter/killing..Anyway...

Have you done this?

EQWashu
12-13-2010, 09:06 AM
good idea. I'll have to remember that next time I'm in a static crowd by a wall or my target is.

DefiantDiety
12-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I've done this before. It's a great defensive option for sure. IMO, it's just one of the things that's great about the game and adds diversity to the option select you have.

luth411
12-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I do this often. I take it a little further though. Anytime I'm about to make a kill, I try to quickly assess the best compound movement I can make to net the most bonuses.

This morning, I was using firecrackers because a lot of people were morphed in this match. One player was smart and dropped smoke as soon as she would be affected by firecrackers. Fool me once, but the second time, I dropped firecrackers and ran up the wall to get an acrobatic hanging from the ledge while her smoke couldnt' reach me.

Taking it further, anytime you have the chance to blend or hide just before your kill, do it. I had 4 or 5 hidden kills of 7 yesterday doing this. Benches, crowds, leaves, etc. You lock onto the target and it doesn't matter where the camera is facing. Jump into the hide spot they're near or coming near and start hitting X. You will get them as long as they come close enough for a moment.

D173120T
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
An interesting counter.Mind you its not a dead cert.Im sure you heve noticed this happenning a LOT more.Ok its a bona fide strategy but does sort of take away the individuality aspect of being an Assassin.
Some people are teaming up(ok so far,nothing wrong with it intrinsicly)and using mics(its the only way to do it)to coordinate attacks.One will use templar vision from a roof to track targets,esp big groups of the same characters,and then call in their Team mates and kill all the opposition.Now dont get me wrong im nor whinging(personally i think its a cool strategy,but not really inkeeping with the ideals of ACB)but it can be very disheartning if the team youre with get matched up with these guys.They tend to be high end 20 levels and above.Obviously the counter to this is coordinate your defense with Mics.

Henry454
12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
First I get fire cracked all the time and it has never stopped me getting a kill and also, i think that 'wall kills' are just a tool for less manly players no offence but you loose an incognito bonus and you hardly ever get smoked in skilled gameplay anyway.

Don't get me wrong I've tryed it but I just don't think it's worth it?

TheRighteousOne
12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Henry454:
but you loose an incognito bonus and you hardly ever get smoked in skilled gameplay anyway. -100 for going silent but +100 for acrobatic. It evens out. And if you've already lost incognito you gain 100. And a ton of people use smoke bomb. Particularly in manhunt. How you've managed to avoid it is beyond me.

HiTs4rMaBonG
12-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by TheRighteousOne:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry454:
but you loose an incognito bonus and you hardly ever get smoked in skilled gameplay anyway. -100 for going silent but +100 for acrobatic. It evens out. And if you've already lost incognito you gain 100. And a ton of people use smoke bomb. Particularly in manhunt. How you've managed to avoid it is beyond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah....smokes are used alot. And you'd only lose the incog to silent bonus, so its 100pts.

DefiantDiety
12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Henry454:
First I get fire cracked all the time and it has never stopped me getting a kill and also, i think that 'wall kills' are just a tool for less manly players no offence but you loose an incognito bonus and you hardly ever get smoked in skilled gameplay anyway.

Don't get me wrong I've tryed it but I just don't think it's worth it?

Pretty sure I still see smoke bomb used. It's one of the easiest and most viable defensive options. I mean, when it comes right down to it using a tactic like this is all about doing something in the right situation and having the reaction time that's good enough, also winning a miniature contest of who can think on their feet better.

I mean let's face it, if you know who your pursuer is then chances are he knows that you know, or at least has an idea. It's your job, as the defensive contract, to tap into your map awareness and find out all possible routes of quick escape. It's your pursuers job to cut off as many possible routes of escape without blowing cover. At the end of the day, when you're basically staring each other dead in the eye, it's all about who's got the better Yomi (the ability to read the opponent and gain knowledge on them) and reaction time. If you're playing against someone who's not particularly as seasoned as you and attempt a wall climb right as they're approaching you then you've just stopped a potential assassination and caused him to panic. They forgot to seal off that point of escape, whether it be they just didn't make that acrobatic kill on time, forgot to pack a certain ability, etc.

Like I said in other threads, it's all about the fundamentals. If you've got the basic fundamentals down, then you'll do good and go far if you can apply them consistently.