PDA

View Full Version : Servers versions or is there a better way

vid_ro
07-31-2009, 10:19 PM
I would like to set up a server so my pop and I can fly against each other. I have IL2-1946 he has IL2 and I'm not sure what version or if he's done any upgrade.
Can my version and his version do multiplayer? If so what server version would work with both.
Or is there an Internet server?
Can host a server since I dont have a private IP address or WEB site how do I get him to get to the server?

My pop and I would like to fly against each other,

vid_ro
07-31-2009, 10:19 PM
I would like to set up a server so my pop and I can fly against each other. I have IL2-1946 he has IL2 and I'm not sure what version or if he's done any upgrade.
Can my version and his version do multiplayer? If so what server version would work with both.
Or is there an Internet server?
Can host a server since I dont have a private IP address or WEB site how do I get him to get to the server?

My pop and I would like to fly against each other,

EoW_Maverick
07-31-2009, 11:32 PM
i believe you both need the same version of game, just see if you can give him your 1946 disk and install the 4.08m patch. then you can both play together, via HL (hyperlobby) or through the UBI MP server that came with the game

deepo_HP
08-01-2009, 12:49 AM
hi vid_rom,

as maverick said, you both need the same version of the game.

for hosting:
start the game and go multiplayer. there you chose 'create a server', and then setup the needed (mastly dufficulty and map to play).

the other one needs to chose 'join server' and type-in the ip-adress of yours.
you always have an ip-adress, if you are online. you can find it with several tools, one of them is to type 'ipconfig' in the windows-commandwindow (dos-console). it will list several ip's (of network-cards, etc. on your computer), one of them is your public-ip. this one is needed to type in the game. leave the ':2100' at the end, it is the default port and should not need any change.
if you are both in the same network (like at home), you play inside that LAN. in that case you need to find out your computer's private ip inside the LAN. 'ipconfig' should tell you that as well - something like '192.168.x.x'

Troll2k
08-01-2009, 03:50 AM
If the host is behind a router he will have to forward port 21000 to his internal ip.

vid_ro
08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all the help.
Maybe someday I'll consider myself good enough so as to not get embarrassed and maybe fly against others outside of family

vid_ro
08-11-2009, 10:52 AM
O.k. I though I knew how to get the muliplyer stuff working but maybe not. I have two computers on same network, both can PING each other. I've done the following on bothe machines seperatly. I've created the server and had the other computer try to connect No succes same going the other direction with no success. both running version 4.8m. OS = XP SP2 on both metals. I will say that at one point one of the metals had the 4.08m mod added. BUT I did a fresh install of 1946 and updated to 4.08m on the metal. The 4.0m 8mod that I speak of shows the two 109's on the startup screen.
Any way both metals on 4.08m and still can't connect any ideas?

JtD
08-11-2009, 10:54 AM
The windows firewall blocking il-2?

vid_ro
08-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Disabled firwealls on both computers but still no luck

na85
08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vid_ro:
O.k. I though I knew how to get the muliplyer stuff working but maybe not. I have two computers on same network, both can PING each other. I've done the following on bothe machines seperatly. I've created the server and had the other computer try to connect No succes same going the other direction with no success. both running version 4.8m. OS = XP SP2 on both metals. I will say that at one point one of the metals had the 4.08m mod added. BUT I did a fresh install of 1946 and updated to 4.08m on the metal. The 4.0m 8mod that I speak of shows the two 109's on the startup screen.
Any way both metals on 4.08m and still can't connect any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is a metal?

Try disabling UPnP on your network switch.

vid_ro
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I use term "Metal" in referance for hardware platform.

vid_ro
08-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Wireless Access Point with built in switch.
Both computers networked via WiFi 802.11g.