PDA

View Full Version : Printout of all control settings?

Skeet2005
06-14-2006, 07:26 AM
I am soon going to be deleting my current install, and going with the DVD version ("Complete") to get all the add on stuff, is there a way I can printout my current settings (controls, keyboard assignments) in PF and IL-2? Thanks, it will make setting up my new installation easier, me thinks. Or can I install the DVD over my existing versions? (Prolly not, I would think...)
Mike

Skeet2005
06-14-2006, 07:26 AM
I am soon going to be deleting my current install, and going with the DVD version ("Complete") to get all the add on stuff, is there a way I can printout my current settings (controls, keyboard assignments) in PF and IL-2? Thanks, it will make setting up my new installation easier, me thinks. Or can I install the DVD over my existing versions? (Prolly not, I would think...)
Mike

Diablo310th
06-14-2006, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skeet2005:
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike...you can save your USER's folder and your config.ini and you will have all your same settings. I don't think you can do a reinstall over that version either because it will prompt you to uninstall your current version unless you install to a different folder.

Platypus_1.JaVA
06-14-2006, 08:13 AM
You cn do this alot better! Go to the ...\users subfolder. Il-2 PF makes a new pilot folder for each new pilot name you enter in the game. It is "doe" as default. So, be carefull wich folder you choose inside the ...\users folder. Inside the pilot folder ("doe" for instance), there are several files. The "Settings.ini" file contains all of your keysettings as well as convergence settings, delay times and more. You should copy this file somewhere safe.

You can place this file back in the new DVD installation and you will have all of your keysettings back. Be sure it is in the folder that corresponds with the pilot you selected in Il-2 PF. You can also copy the whole ...\users folder into the new installation, just to be sure.

Happy flying! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: NOT the config.ini file!

Skeet2005
06-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Worked like a charm, platypus!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!