PDA

View Full Version : opm says ac is to be about genetic memory

aqws69
07-06-2007, 09:18 AM
they say that is about genetic memory dont no what means but explains why altair is almost superhuman and why people break up like holagrams

aqws69
07-06-2007, 09:18 AM
they say that is about genetic memory dont no what means but explains why altair is almost superhuman and why people break up like holagrams

noobfun
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aqws69:
they say that is about genetic memory dont no what means but explains why altair is almost superhuman and why people break up like holagrams </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's not super human if he gets hacked by a sword he dies like everyone else

and who breaks up like a hologram? unless you mean the static overlay for the earlier trailers

weve known this since it leaked ages ago about the genetic memory link

assassinspen
07-06-2007, 11:16 AM
i think with that holograme aqsw69 means the trailer when you see a few faces at the beginning wich go away in an second

iAltair
07-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Genetic memories are the memories which are hidden in the genes - which have been transfered from your ancestors. (I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure it isn't possible in real life. But who knows? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

And in the game you're someone from this time who's watching his genetic memories, and therefore through Alta´r's eyes.

At least this is how I've got it.

RetiredHatch
07-06-2007, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iAltair:
Genetic memories are the memories which are hidden in the genes - which have been transfered from your ancestors. (I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure it isn't possible in real life. But who knows? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

And in the game you're someone from this time who's watching his genetic memories, and therefore through Alta´r's eyes.

At least this is how I've got it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually dude they're studying it right now i'm not saying that it's possible but it is something scientists have been thinking about could be possible could be not possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

iAltair
07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh? That's pretty cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
*throws the question out of the window*

chicko1983
07-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Genetic memory that scientists are studying is based on insticts and how natural instincts can be passed from one generation to another without the two generations communicating with each other directly. the example I have read in a magazine was some worms that were electrocuted and each time they were electrocuted they were also flashed with a bright light. Over time the worms started to curl up in a ball whenever they saw a flash of light as a pavlovian response to brace themsleves when being electrocuted. The scientists then chopped the worms in half but the thing about these worms is that the top half, the one with a head, regrows a tail and the bottom half regrows a head. The thing that the scientists found was that when they started shining the bright light on the worm that grew a head it still had the instinct to curl up in a ball like it has the "genetic memory" to do so.
They will not be able to reload memories for other people to view like they are going to do with Assassins Creed but it is more of a study on the chemical makeup of DNA and how it changes and stores "memory" over time. I hope I have made it clear for you to understand what real scientists do. Still, dont let reality ruin a good story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iAltair
07-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah, true.
And I must admit the question I asked above was a bit creepy... made me look at Assassin's Creed in a slightly different way. So... therefore I throw it out the window, just not to ruin anyone elses day.

one-cool
07-07-2007, 12:43 PM
because I didn't find any other information about this opm story.
What else is in the mag? Any information Or maybe a little summary of what is standing in the article?

and meh to the gene thingy.
It somehow ruins the setting a bit :/

Prol33tariat
07-25-2007, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iAltair:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually to discredit such a field in its infancy is almost premature, i will say there have been very compelling studies, mostly impressive in my opinion are the works of John C. Lilly in the 1980's.

the best evidence is that a lot of species, who have not distracted their instinctual senses and traits with man ascribed things like, spiritualism, materialism, monetary awareness, and stress, have stayed much purer and more attuned with whatever force has shaped our evolution and our present status as a sentient species.

in some views it is hypothesized that sentient nature has slowed down our progress, picture it as walking along a path blind, and following that path based on your other available sense mainly, instinct, than, at some point, you gain eyesight, and instead of traveling continued path, you become distracted by your new "knowledge"

and now, what was once the only thing in your existence, is now put on the back burner, as you ignore your instinct in light of something physical that you can see manifest physically, you turn from your instinct....

this is an allegory i was witness to when genetic/racial memory was being debated at a summit a few years back.....it would be the same thing that allows turtles to return to the same beech, salmon the same spawning point, bears the same caves and streams are hunted by bear families for generations...the list and examples goes on...even in humans, especially some more spiritually enlightened cultures like Tibet and India, accept racial memory as a part of nature, and more over the universal consciousness... playing a huge part in reincarnation and divination amongst the universe (karmic wheel) as a whole.

but that my friends, as they say is a whole other sack of beans.