PDA

View Full Version : ACII Reviews - Do you even care?

Danvish
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I was thinking about it for quite some time.
(tried to search it btw first, didn't find).

Would you read the reviews on ACII before playing it? Or even while playing it?
And will it affect your intention to buy it if the game gets bad reviews?

Danvish
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM

And will it affect your intention to buy it if the game gets bad reviews?

AetosEagle
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
No way. No-one will dissuade me. Or bash my feelings.

Edengoth
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
AC 1 got bad reviews and I love it like a chocolate-covered harem (wow, I'm making a lot of PoP references lately). So I wouldn't let it get to me if AC 2 got bad reviews too.

Cetus Amicus
08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't bother reading the reviews myself. I tend to read the previews and watch gameplay movies to decide if I want a game, which is definitely the case with AC 2. From what I've seen so far the game is going to be great.

Backadd
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I read/watch evrything AC2 related besides reviews (when they come)

caswallawn_2k7
08-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I generaly as a rule dont bother with Reviews as the opinion of some random person has nothing to do with how you will find a game, it's the same with movies some can get slated in reviews then turn out to be great, while others can get brilliant reviews and be total utter crap.

Xm3buX
08-13-2009, 05:49 PM
The reviews wont change my opinion, but I like reading reviews anyway, it lets me see what other people think about it and I often find out stuff about the game that I didn't know before reading the review.

LaurenIsSoMosh
08-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Nope. I've already got my copy paid in full. I'll be picking it up on day one, and you all probably aren't going to hear anything from me for the next week.

SWJS
08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

And will it affect your intention to buy it if the game gets bad reviews? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm proud of my Preorder. I hope that any critic that gives AC2 a bad score chokes on it.

99% of the professional critics are imbeciles anyway.

They're always going on about graphics, and if a game has graphics they deem "crap" they'll bash the game for two pages, never mentioning ANY of the good stuff, and making it sound like the game came out of the toilet.

It's not the low score that gets me, It's the fact critics focus on stupid stuff and never tell us if the game is fun.

"wah wah wah bad graphics!"

I'm thinking "So? Is the game fun, what does it let you do?"

"The game sucks, the graphics are bad, the crontrols are akward, blah blah."

Me: "That's not even helpful http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif" *tries the game and likes it"

Me: *tries it* ... This isn't even fun? Why do I keep having to chase guys?! Where's the variety?! Why do cars control like strollers full of rocks? Why doesn't that dirtbike control properly on dirt?!?!?! This isn't even fun! All you can do is go to shows and bowling! I'm playing the frikkin sims! *is frustrated at game*

So yeah, you probably get my point. I never trust critics. They have no taste, they never review in detail, and they focus on crap like shiny graphics.

drfeelgood8849
08-13-2009, 06:49 PM
i don't think there will be time seeing as most of us are buying it the first day.

RipYourSpineOut
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING will change my mind into not buying AC2. Not reviews, not nothing. Besides, the ganme is going to be awesome, what reviewers are going to complain about it? Unless they bash on useless stuff. Maybe 16 different types of investigations wo't be enough for them?

Biomedical-Fire
08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Let me ask you this, does Roger Ebert know what he's talking about?

Kaxen6
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
:-/ I doubt I will.

drfeelgood8849
08-13-2009, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
Let me ask you this, does Roger Ebert know what he's talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Tim1249
08-14-2009, 12:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
AC 1 got bad reviews and I love it like a chocolate-covered harem (wow, I'm making a lot of PoP references lately). So I wouldn't let it get to me if AC 2 got bad reviews too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC1 got at least 7/10 in most cases and people said that it was a good game, just a biit repetitive. I didn't notice any really bad reviews.

I really enjoyed AC1 and it was still a very good game, but could have been more, with sum more variety. THis is exactly what they have dun with AC2 so congrats. ubi for listening to all the feedback. Ur going to make a gr8 game.

FInally, I'm gonna ask for this game for christmas so unless it gets like 2/10 in reviews, i'm not gonna b stopped.

Korejo
08-14-2009, 12:51 AM
I will read the reviews.. because bad reviews donot change my decisions.. and i have already decided to play AC2. Its stupid to not to play the game if somebody else did not like it.

Ureh
08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Nope. I already preordered the Master's Edition.

The theme, the graphics, the gameplay (platforming, assassinations, stealth), and part of the story are all things that strongly grip my interest. Even after hearing about the repetitiveness and somewhat anticlimactic ending (aka not exciting enough and not very conclusive) from the first game, I'm still buying the second game. I just hope they don't repeat the same mistakes or make new ones.
After I'm done with the game, I'll read what other people think.

FROGGEman2
08-14-2009, 04:28 AM
I only care about what Yahtzee says... but not even that would deter me! *Raises Australian Flag*
*Trumpets Sound*

Xanatos2007
08-14-2009, 04:37 AM
I'll watch Good Game's review, but I doubt they'd change my mind if they give it a negative review (which I highly doubt they will).

daydark87
08-14-2009, 05:08 AM
I'll probably check some out, but only to get a heads up on what to expect, because I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Ezio28101943
08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Even if the game sucks and everyone hates it, I already reserved it and I'll buy the third one too.

obliviondoll
08-15-2009, 08:28 PM
If AC@ gets reviewed as well as AC1 did, (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/16-Assassins-Creed) then I'll be happy. Otherwise, I'll be complaining about the reviews. Unless they're actually right (not going to happen).

sacredmoon101
08-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Some random person's opinion doesn't matter to me. I'm buying it regardless of what they think.

DimmuB0rgir
08-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Reviews have never meant much to me, with any game I pick up. Ill read it for a rough guideline but they are meaningless. These reviewers usually rush through the game as fast as they can and dont take their time to appreciate it and play it to its fullest.

NoxieDC
08-16-2009, 12:47 PM
After I finish the game, sure. It's nice to know other people's opinions and maybe get more ideas about what to do. But as a reason to buy? Nah :P