PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person who will not get Abstergo Employee of the Month for this reason?

Malex McBlat
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Let me start by saying this is not a complaint thread.

Looking at my challenges and the Bonus Descriptions, I know for a fact that I have all of the Bonus' except one. And it is one I will never get. I already have the Triple Escape, the Untouchable, and the Extreme Variety. There is just one left that I need, one that is so unthinkable to me to even attempt...

I just need a Mid-Air bonus with the pistol. I have never used the Hidden Gun ever, and never intend to. Why do something for at most 200 points when I am averaging 556 points a kill? Some may say that one gun kill will not decimate my average, but that is where it starts. You start by trying to get the Mid-Air bonus, shoot the guy just as he hits the ground and then before you know it you become those people that run around trying to get to Sniper Challenge.

Once again, this is not a complaint, just felt like posting this after seeing some of the other complaints. I hope this does not come across as too boastful, just a different take on playing games for achievements / personal goals.

Has anyone else just refused to use the gun entirely?

Malex McBlat
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Let me start by saying this is not a complaint thread.

Looking at my challenges and the Bonus Descriptions, I know for a fact that I have all of the Bonus' except one. And it is one I will never get. I already have the Triple Escape, the Untouchable, and the Extreme Variety. There is just one left that I need, one that is so unthinkable to me to even attempt...

I just need a Mid-Air bonus with the pistol. I have never used the Hidden Gun ever, and never intend to. Why do something for at most 200 points when I am averaging 556 points a kill? Some may say that one gun kill will not decimate my average, but that is where it starts. You start by trying to get the Mid-Air bonus, shoot the guy just as he hits the ground and then before you know it you become those people that run around trying to get to Sniper Challenge.

Once again, this is not a complaint, just felt like posting this after seeing some of the other complaints. I hope this does not come across as too boastful, just a different take on playing games for achievements / personal goals.

Has anyone else just refused to use the gun entirely?

obliviondoll
01-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I, so far, have 5 gun kills.

All earned in the same play session, but not the same match.

It's possible to get 250, 300 or more on a gun kill with poacher etc.

My favourite moment involving the gun: Pursuer standing in the same blend group as me, incognito, and shoots me for 200 points. I had no other pursuers, and I didn't have my target close enough for him to get "poacher" - he MIGHT have gotten +50 for revenge, but not 200 for the kill. And I didn't remember killing him recently enough for revenge either.

I asked him about it, and he replied "I have the 2X score loss streak u noob" - really? Who's the noob here?

EDIT: I only used the gun to be able to say I've used it. I THINK I got mid-air, but I don't really remember. Either way, I don't consider it "cheap" - just not my playstyle. Same with TV. And mute. I'm not good with those abilities, Using them earns me less points than not using them, so I don't.

Quitetingly
01-07-2011, 07:29 PM
lol. get a few stuns, hidden bonus, lure, poison. then when your next target is the roof runner everyone doesn't wanna get you perch on a tall roof wait till he is running towards the edge you lock on, chances are he won't deviate course.. see where this is going? its not a 100 point kill when its variety. and its not a hard kill to make... especially if you got untouchable and extreme variety, a mid air shot should be childsplay. Just the same though. Not everyone cares about achievements.

Malex McBlat
01-07-2011, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

My favourite moment involving the gun: Pursuer standing in the same blend group as me, incognito, and shoots me for 200 points. I had no other pursuers, and I didn't have my target close enough for him to get "poacher" - he MIGHT have gotten +50 for revenge, but not 200 for the kill. And I didn't remember killing him recently enough for revenge either.

I asked him about it, and he replied "I have the 2X score loss streak u noob" - really? Who's the noob here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This happens to me so often. Or the people who use throwing knives and the gun on me when they are 5 feet away. Way to use both abilities and take at least 200 points away from yourself. I literally laugh and then thank them through the headset. Especially if I had other pursuers that were trying to use stealth near me.

FearlessSpeach
01-07-2011, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MalexMcBlat:

Or the people who use throwing knives and the gun on me when they are 5 feet away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do that!

But only for 40 more kills.

obliviondoll
01-07-2011, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FearlessSpeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MalexMcBlat:

Or the people who use throwing knives and the gun on me when they are 5 feet away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do that!

But only for 40 more kills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Play with your food.

FearlessSpeach
01-07-2011, 08:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FearlessSpeach:

I do that!

But only for 40 more kills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Play with your food. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its actually more frustrating than you would think. Nothing like a full lock gun shot missing cus of invisible walls :&lt;

Malex McBlat
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Its actually more frustrating than you would think. Nothing like a full lock gun shot missing cus of invisible walls :&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like all the more reason to avoid the Gun to me.

FearlessSpeach
01-07-2011, 08:37 PM

Its actually more frustrating than you would think. Nothing like a full lock gun shot missing cus of invisible walls :&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like all the more reason to avoid the Gun to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but its so much fun to play several rounds and either win, get untouch, or have people call you a nub and play the next round stealth and win by a margin of 4k.

Serrachio
01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Before you know it, you'll be one of those people trying for sniper.

Um... I thought AEOTM was an achievement, not an in-game challenge.

Malex McBlat
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
Um... I thought AEOTM was an achievement, not an in-game challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct, it is an achievement.

FearlessSpeach
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
Um... I thought AEOTM was an achievement, not an in-game challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct, it is an achievement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you see, UBI put a % next to challenges... and it must read 100.

DarkicoN14
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
It sounds like a personal problem, if you dont want to use the gun then to bad, personally i didnt find it that hard to get but anyways

Malex McBlat
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
It sounds like a personal problem, if you dont want to use the gun then to bad, personally i didnt find it that hard to get but anyways </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not describe it as a problem at all.

FireTempest00
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I haven't gotten the Fast Posion Bonus, Midair, nor Triple Escape. I don't use hidden gun so i doubt I'll get it either.

marq08
01-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Use the gun when you know you are getting your greater or extreme varieties. Wala, 800 point gun kill.

Double_Deuce69
01-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Put the gun in an extra profile and use it for the roof rats

EscoBlades
01-08-2011, 02:11 AM
I've used the gun only once....just to get the mid-air challenge.

I only need to get Extreme Variety for the AEOTM achievement.

Squiddish
01-08-2011, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I only need to get Extreme Variety for the AEOTM achievement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hate extreme variety SO MUCH.

FearlessSpeach
01-08-2011, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snipemaster666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I only need to get Extreme Variety for the AEOTM achievement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hate extreme variety SO MUCH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Soviet Russia, Extreme Variety hates you.

Squiddish
01-08-2011, 03:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snipemaster666:

I hate extreme variety SO MUCH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Soviet Russia, Extreme Variety hates you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure it does, and I return the feeling there too.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the relationship is mutual in Soviet Russia or otherwise.

In Soviet Russia, you stun Squiiddish!

Malex McBlat
01-08-2011, 04:38 AM
I guess this thread can be closed. I feel as though peer pressured into it by you guys.

1 Shot. 1 Kill. 1 Achievement.

I now realize that this kinda makes me a ******. I'm sorry for wasting all of your time.

ArcadeSole
01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FireTempest00:
I haven't gotten the Fast Posion Bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the same bonus as regular poison technically, just worth less points.

And so far, extreme variety is the only thing left for me. When working on my rapid reload gun, I would use gun and smoke bombs and consistently get 1st place in plenty of matches.

Granted they were player matches, the gun isn't a bad choice to quickly get kills with poacher/revenge/savior/first blood/mid air/variety/greater variety. Just remember to get a discreet, silent, and incognito. Try for an aerial and acrobatic as well, you can usually get both in the same kill.