PDA

View Full Version : What's your kill to death ratio?

DeanOMiite
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't know what mine is off-hand, but I'm pretty sure it's lower than 1.0...as in, I die more than I kill. Yet...I'm a grandmaster in every level of the pyramid (except co-op because I've never played alliance ranked). This is because I play the game going after quality kills, not quantity, like most of you here.

SO, I was wondering...you other grand masters (and good players in general), what's your kill to death ratios? I feel like some of the reasons my ratio is so low are that I constantly have multiple pursuers because I'm often in the top 3 of the game and that in 75% of my games I'm only getting 4-5-6 kills per match because I'm hardly ever running and I'm almost never on a roof...so I don't get a lot of kills, but I do get a lot of points for the kills i do get, and I'm taking an average/normal amount of deaths. So a typical line for me is something like...6 kills, 8 deaths, 4500pts or something like that. I'm sure I could die less, but I too often go for the stun thinking I'm surprising my pursuer but wind up dying anyway, which is my stupidity, but even if I've identified them I sit back and think "no way he knows...oh...oh, I'm dead." Or, I get killed by a roofer/runner.

But whatever, I'm fine with my kill/death. I was just wondering if other players who are slaves to stealth like me and play mostly wanted and typically view themselves as good players also have ratios like mine.

DeanOMiite
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't know what mine is off-hand, but I'm pretty sure it's lower than 1.0...as in, I die more than I kill. Yet...I'm a grandmaster in every level of the pyramid (except co-op because I've never played alliance ranked). This is because I play the game going after quality kills, not quantity, like most of you here.

SO, I was wondering...you other grand masters (and good players in general), what's your kill to death ratios? I feel like some of the reasons my ratio is so low are that I constantly have multiple pursuers because I'm often in the top 3 of the game and that in 75% of my games I'm only getting 4-5-6 kills per match because I'm hardly ever running and I'm almost never on a roof...so I don't get a lot of kills, but I do get a lot of points for the kills i do get, and I'm taking an average/normal amount of deaths. So a typical line for me is something like...6 kills, 8 deaths, 4500pts or something like that. I'm sure I could die less, but I too often go for the stun thinking I'm surprising my pursuer but wind up dying anyway, which is my stupidity, but even if I've identified them I sit back and think "no way he knows...oh...oh, I'm dead." Or, I get killed by a roofer/runner.

But whatever, I'm fine with my kill/death. I was just wondering if other players who are slaves to stealth like me and play mostly wanted and typically view themselves as good players also have ratios like mine.

DoctorEurope
01-31-2011, 10:05 PM
My K/D is below one. But then again, I'm not a very good player. lol

Don Makavelis
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm at 1.3 very easy to die in this game. so your doing well.

Don Makavelis

ManuVo
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Well mine is 2.14, but I also have like 250 kills and like 120 deaths. But beside that point, I'm basically the same as you, I dont get quantity that often I average around 6 or 7, but I just don't really die that often, not trying to brag, and a lot of it is because of the low lvls I play most of the time.

But besides that too, I do have another account lvl 50 with 1.3k kills and the ratio is 1.73, but my average score is 3.5k.

On this account its 6k. So yea, big difference.

But like I said, I play stealthily 24/7 unless a situation deems me to be on the rooftops.

But k/d doesnt mean anything to me. Average Score does. K/D is based on luck and who you play in my opinion.

SolidSage
01-31-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm still a Grand Master in Manhunt and Overall, I'm not a Grand Master in any other modes, I'm whatever the one is before. I don't get to play Alliance hardly ever.
My average point per kill is 300. My k/d ratio is around 1.45. I'm high on the Stun leader board, 522 out of 1.2 million and my average stun count is almost 4 I think.

I like free running, I like my Target (and Hunters sometimes) knowing who I am and coming out on top of the head to head. With one other good player/friend on my team in Manhunt I rarely lose in a night of gaming, we do better 2 on 4 sometimes than we do with a crappy 3rd giving away points like it's Christmas.
My Manhunt skill set doesn't translate to Wanted that well, I do alright, and can get some wins in repeated matches with good players...I don't dominate but I can do real good and I'm getting better, I'm working the points bonuses and multipliers better, getting more hidden's trying to get that last Achievement - Employee of the Month.
I can work the poison/loss streak for a win effectively but I really REALLY don't enjoy the matches when I play that way. I'll let the other guys have the win if that's what its going to take for me to get it.
I am ALWAYS watching my kill/death and checking my Stuns and letting a contract go needles me at the very core, I have to complete my contract or die trying, unless there's 3 after me in which case I will favor the sensible method and play defense.

DeanOMiite
02-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Hmm...sounds like you guys are pretty universally positive. Perhaps dying less is the next step I need to take to bring my game to the next level. I'm already a good defensive player, I get plenty of stuns, with and without abilities...it's just that sometimes I don't care about preserving my own life and perhaps that's a problem.

My K/D has been going up for sure now that I'm playing some team games, but in wanted I have three pursuers so often that even if i can stun two, there's usually a third right there to clean me up.

Must develop better survival strategies...

E-Zekiel
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I believe mine is something like 1.5

I have somewhere around 1900 kills and 1600 deaths

DeanOMiite
02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

I have somewhere around 1900 kills and 1600 deaths </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which...is just a little bit lower than 1.2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EscoBlades
02-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Its the stat i care about least in this game.

DeanOMiite
02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Its the stat i care about least in this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I don't really care about my kill to death...but I do wonder if my occassional disregard for my own life affects my overall performance.

E-Zekiel
02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Which...is just a little bit lower than 1.2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was incredibly predictable that someone would actually do the math, as if the general sentiment was not already "nobody cares".

DeanOMiite
02-01-2011, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

Which...is just a little bit lower than 1.2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was incredibly predictable that someone would actually do the math, as if the general sentiment was not already "nobody cares". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

math ftw

E-Zekiel
02-01-2011, 07:38 PM

It was incredibly predictable that someone would actually do the math, as if the general sentiment was not already "nobody cares". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

math ftw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually a strong point of mine. Last time I checked it was 1.5, was my meaning. But I felt as if I have died more often than I have killed since then. If it's really that important to you, I'll give you my updated number. If not, stop pestering me.

obliviondoll
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure mine's 0.8 or so.

Haven't looked at it since I had my "I'm RUNNING!" phase though - that may have boosted it a little.

I tend to get a lot of 100 - 400 point deaths, and a decent amount of 600+ point kills and stuns. It balances out.

I find fast poison more annoying than gun kills. mainly because the player using it seems not to realise that when I stun them (which I usually do), they actually lost points relative to me by using the ability instead of just stabbing me.

SolidSage
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
There's a good chance that I like the k/d more than the other stats (what's the overall, majority favored stat for true skill?) because that's the one I do better at.
When I started playing this game I took people killing me personally and got the biggest kick out of punching someone in the mouth, THEN getting in on the StunLocks in Manhunt really motivated me to play that mode more than others.
I want to rock Alliance, but waiting for the matches blows.
In matches where I am suffering I focus on the k/d so perhaps not being the best at Wanted gave me a better stun and k/d ratio. I still spend a fair amount of time with 3 pursuers, I don't suck, I just can't figure out how to maintain the lead when I have to focus on defending myself from 3 hunters, now and again every one comes to me but not as par for the course.

STYJ
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is something like 1.5

I have somewhere around 1900 kills and 1600 deaths

--- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
E Zekiel has an awesome K/D ratio . pretty nice 4k average score too .

my k/d is 0.88 iirc . average score of 3k xD not that good .

DeanOMiite
02-01-2011, 10:48 PM

math ftw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually a strong point of mine. Last time I checked it was 1.5, was my meaning. But I felt as if I have died more often than I have killed since then. If it's really that important to you, I'll give you my updated number. If not, stop pestering me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not pestering you. I thought it was funny so I threw the accurate number out there based on what you said. I just thought it was funny, I wasn't trying to offend you or pick on you. Sorry if it didn't come out wrong. Friggin internets...

Rainie
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
mine is around 0.9 on both systems lol, i've been getting better at reducing the number times i get killed tho http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I don't really pay much attention to my K/D though because I like scores better

E-Zekiel
02-02-2011, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
mine is around 0.9 on both systems lol, i've been getting better at reducing the number times i get killed tho http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I don't really pay much attention to my K/D though because I like scores better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though I don't particularly want to check my K/D ratio because it'll reset my profiles (I've found that checking news and even hovering over progression will do it), I will throw out there that I have a heavy focus on surviving. Not just for points, but for its own sake, and I chalk it up to older gaming days with GAME OVER screens and such and death being generally bad, hehe.

For this reason, I pretty much don't equip poison outside of Manhunt. (note:I don't play alliance. Ever. It's not even unlocked on my templar grade page, lol. Played it in Beta but not once on live)

SniffyPenguin
02-02-2011, 02:46 AM
I die a lot, so it'll be bad. However, the amount of points I give away when I die is the more important issue, and I'd say it's usually in the 100-150pts range.

Airwinz
02-02-2011, 03:48 AM
my overall K/D is 2.25 but my ranked is nearly 3.00 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
02-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Just checked.

Overall: 0.83
Ranked: 0.81
Player: 0.86

Alph41987
02-02-2011, 07:46 AM
k/d 1.72 (ranked)

17400 K
10400 D

PkmnAssassin
02-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Only people who rush to kills care about K/D ratio. I'm the slow, steady Poison guy. More points! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Alph41987
02-02-2011, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PkmnAssassin:
Only people who rush to kills care about K/D ratio. I'm the slow, steady Poison guy. More points! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't make sense at all...

SolidSage
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Talking junk about other favored statistics other than the ONE you prefer doesn't inspire confidence in your thought processes or logic.
All of the statistics are worth something.
You might as well say Templar grade only matters in Wanted because Manhunt is too easy....irrational.

EscoBlades
02-02-2011, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:
Talking junk about other favored statistics other than the ONE you prefer doesn't inspire confidence in your thought processes or logic.
You might as well say Templar grade only matters in Wanted because Manhunt is too easy....irrational. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. At the end of the day, my K/D is still over 1.00 (1.06)

At the same time, my average score per kill is the good end of 400 points, and my average score per session is over 5000.

My stuns per session is 6.8

Add all of those together to paint a picture of the type of player i am. I'm not elite, but i am doing something right. And yes, K/D is the one i care least about, it clearly shows in the averages quoted above.

purrkinator
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
k/d ratio .96

I just make them count...

E-Zekiel
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I generally strive to at least keep it above 1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SolidSage
02-02-2011, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:
You might as well say Templar grade only matters in Wanted because Manhunt is too easy....irrational. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. At the end of the day, my K/D is still over 1.00 (1.06)

At the same time, my average score per kill is
the good end of 400 points, and my average score per session is over 5000.

My stuns per session is 6.8

Add all of those together to paint a picture of the type of player i am. I'm not elite, but i am doing something right. And yes, K/D is the one i care least about, it clearly shows in the averages quoted above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand the 'not really' part. My comment was aimed at the silliness of talking up one stat vs another. Some people have good stats overall, you may be one of them, (congratulations) but getting smarmy about one stat in particular being better than another is pointless.
I'd like to have all around good stats but there are a couple I'm down the list on, so like other people I work harder on the ones I'm doing well at, I don't go out of my way to talk up the stats that I'm good at while bad mouthing the ones I'm not good at though. Wouldn't that just make me look like a turnip who was trying to appear better than they actually are?
Good stats overall are the winner, let's not argue about what individual stat comes in second.

W.E.S.P
02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
asps 4000 +
k/d 1.89

PS3
asps 6000 +
k/d 3.45

EscoBlades
02-03-2011, 06:40 AM

Good stats overall are the winner, let's not argue about what individual stat comes in second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have misunderstood what you meant in your post that i originally quoted. Apologies.

Zoidberg747
02-03-2011, 09:14 AM

DeanOMiite
02-03-2011, 09:24 AM
i finally checked. mine is .91...or at least it was at the start of last night, and i had a good night last night.

But what else i want to know...those of you who sport K/Ds over 1...do you play mostly manhunt/chest capture/alliance or mostly wanted? I feel like my k/d suffers a little because i mostly play wanted. When I'm playing team games it's usually positive.

Again, i'm not making a case to say that K/D is important because i don't think it is. I'm just generally curious about it.

EscoBlades
02-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I play a healthy mix of both. That being said, my Wanted matches usually end up with my getting 3 kills, and in the region of double the deaths, but winning the match mostly on defence.

Its the opposite in Manhunt/ Chest capture, where i find i usually break even or manage a positive k/d. I guess those balance each other out.

SolidSage
02-03-2011, 10:08 AM
@Deanomite

I play a Manhunt/Wanted at about a 60/40 split but Wanted is cranking up...turns out I got my Grand Master in Wanted this time around, don't know how that happened.
I'm putting up more kills than deaths in every mode but like I said, it's a real fight for me to get 1st in a match populated with similar skill players, so maybe that's why i can't win so much and you can't post a higher k/d, something to do with how you play period.

Last night I was really trying hard for a challenge I'm working on and I was doing it in Ranked because I already have 3 okay scores going but it was VERY hard not to get drawn into the competitive aspect of the matches and abandon my objective....slow progress. I guess what I'm saying is, the things that motivate you will motivate you regardless of whether or not you try to ignore them and play differently, for you its posting that win in spite of the k/d ratio I think.

@EscoBlades

Glad that's all cleared up.

Zoidberg747
02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
usually wanted, im playing CC now for the clan challenge

DEMON-12_21_2O12
02-03-2011, 06:34 PM
589 kills
491 deaths
1.16 K/D
best K/D: 5.50
average K/session: 5.52
max kill streak: 10
all time stuns: 90
average stun/session: .97
max stuns in a row: 3 haha

i take that back ive only been playing for 15 hours, 54 minutes, and 24seconds...not 3 days haha

God_Kazma
07-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Currently my KD on Assassins Creed IV is still at 10.2

But since I start playing regularly again it's rising every day.
IDK how to add on pics to the message or else i would send a pic.
But who don't believe me can check my gamerprofil when i am on AC and see for their self.

Locopells
07-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Just to point out, that last post in this thread was over three years ago - best to start a new thread, rather then necroing something this old.

However, welcome to the forums!