PDA

View Full Version : P40-B

Fritzkiller
10-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi
Tryin desperatly to get the P40-B in the air in the first generated mission for USAAF Pilot.
December 7 1941.
I have been a fan since Il-2 and pride myself than i can at least take of and land in the sim.
"Even nailed carrierlanding at first atempt!
But. I just can't get the P40-B up.
As soon as i start rolling on runway the thing starts to wobble back and forth and all my atempts have ended in crasches.
What am i doing wrong? What is the secret? If any?
Please advise. I really would like to fly this campaign.

Fritzkiller
10-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi
Tryin desperatly to get the P40-B in the air in the first generated mission for USAAF Pilot.
December 7 1941.
I have been a fan since Il-2 and pride myself than i can at least take of and land in the sim.
"Even nailed carrierlanding at first atempt!
But. I just can't get the P40-B up.
As soon as i start rolling on runway the thing starts to wobble back and forth and all my atempts have ended in crasches.
What am i doing wrong? What is the secret? If any?
Please advise. I really would like to fly this campaign.

PinkPriest
10-26-2004, 09:00 AM
USAAF with the older P-40 variants was the first campaign I tried in PF, and I didn't notice any strange take-off behaviour on that plane.

Basically, I do what I always do:

- flaps to take-off
- throttle to ~40%
- let go of brake
- throttle slowly to 110%
- take-off at ~170km/h

You have to correct your path with rudder a little when you go to 110% throttle, but you have to do that in every plane...

fluup
10-26-2004, 09:26 AM
You can unwobble it by pushing the stick forward to get the tailwheel off the ground. That should do it.

mortoma
10-26-2004, 09:47 AM
I get wobbles too but I can get it in the air. The woobles are a bug in certain maps in FB too, with certian planes. It's a bug that shouldn't be there. Wobbles don't happen like that in RL and it's unrealistic, unless you were taking off on a surface that was very uneven and had deep ruts that were mostly perpendicular to the runway. They should rid us of this bug once and for all. Planes just don't wobble when they take off. I fly out of grass strips and I have have never been in, or seen a plane wobble on the take off roll. Although I never see warbirds take off on those grass strips, just GA aircraft. Many tail dragger though.

Fritzkiller
10-28-2004, 12:40 AM
I got it up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif .
But i do aggree that this kind of wobbling and "Wingdipping" starting already before aicraft reaches 10 km/h speed is ridicilous.
Definitly feels "Buggy" to mee.

Gunslinger11
10-28-2004, 03:16 AM
The P-40 in FB did not wobble like that. I noticed while flying RAAF New Guniea campaign, even when taxiing @ 10-20 kph on a paved runway the P-40 was very unstable, rocking from side to side.
Definately a bug but hasn't stopped me flying it yet. It's ok while in the air.