PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who have CH pro pedals.....

EAGLE_34_WO
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I went out and bought the pro throttle ro complete my CH setup and it's awesome. However, since I've had them installed my toebrake has become so sensitive that I do a front flip on landing if I so much as tap them. It wasn't this way before. I used to be able to slowly apply more pressure and they would brake nice and smooth. Does anyone know what might have happened?

bird_brain
03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Sounds like you need to adjust the control curve since you installed your throttle. I have a Cougar HOTAS, but it should be similar.
See if there is an axis adjustment assigned to the toe brakes.

steve_v
03-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I make my toe brake adjustments manually in the conf.

ThrottleJok
03-16-2005, 09:31 PM
The same thing happpened to me when I added a fourth controller, a MOMO wheel for the extra button. Instead of the new controller becoming ID4 it showed up as ID2 and slid two of the previous three controllers to ID3 and ID4. Then like you experienced, my brakes were full-on at first touch. When I checked the response settings in the config.ini they were set at 100 all across.

If you have never worked with the config.ini file, T.O.A.D. has posted very good guidance on it. I think it is in the Commuity Help Forum. There also some guidance at Airwarfare.com

Good luck

horseback
03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Bring up your profile in CHManager (you do have a CHManager profile, don't you?), and before you download it, click on the Test/Calibrate icon. Select Pro pedals, and see if the slider you chose for brakes is out of calibration. If so, select Calibrate, and the program will help you adjust it.

Another possibility is that somehow, you changed the setup for that slider when you added the Pro Throttle to your profile; check and see if you de-selected DirectX Mode for it.

By the way, if you haven't gone the TrackIR route, you might want to consider using the POV hat on the throttle instead of on the stick to control your views-designate one of the 2-3-4 buttons to Look Up, and you have all the views possible out of the cockpit when you use Look Up at the same time as the hat...

cheers

horseback

Tully__
03-17-2005, 06:23 AM
The "Joysticks..." link in my sig, there's a section about 2nd (and 3rd/4th) controller setup.