PDA

View Full Version : Requesting an option to disable the Print screen button for the new patch.

Aprince14
09-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Would it be possible to add into your patch a way for people that run server as an option to disable the print screen button. I have noticed that during dogfights that people are using it way to much.

Aprince14
09-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Would it be possible to add into your patch a way for people that run server as an option to disable the print screen button. I have noticed that during dogfights that people are using it way to much.

TAGERT.
09-22-2005, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aprince14:
Would it be possible to add into your patch a way for people that run server as an option to disable the print screen button. I have noticed that during dogfights that people are using it way to much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>not true, it is a myth. The game allready has a limit on how many times you can press the print screen. On that note, even if they did allow you to disable it, you could get a 3rd party screen capture util that would do the same thing independed of the game.

All in all it would result in a user having a very bag ping, which, if the host was smart he could tweat the ping limits to kick those people using 3rd party screen captures.

But there is no way the in-game screen capture would cause it becuase it is allready limited to how many screen captures you can take per min.

WWSensei
09-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Yep, online it's already limited to once every ten seconds. Even if it was being abused a server side option would be useless as all one would have to do is run FRAPs or some other screencap program and do the same thing.

But yeah, amazing how this myth keeps living...