PDA

View Full Version : BoB scoring system

BrotherVoodoo
05-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Has anyone heard anything on how Oleg will be doing scoring in multiplayer games with BoB? The current point system is flawed IMO and does not lend itself well to team play. I believe the current system encourages kill stealing and lone ranger tactics. In BoB I would like to see more point 'sharing' on a kill. For instance I put 50% damage on and enemy AC and my wingman puts another 50% of damage and takes down the enemy. Logic should dictate the my wingman and I share the kill (points) 50/50. For me this would increase immersion by encouraging teamwork.

BrotherVoodoo
05-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Has anyone heard anything on how Oleg will be doing scoring in multiplayer games with BoB? The current point system is flawed IMO and does not lend itself well to team play. I believe the current system encourages kill stealing and lone ranger tactics. In BoB I would like to see more point 'sharing' on a kill. For instance I put 50% damage on and enemy AC and my wingman puts another 50% of damage and takes down the enemy. Logic should dictate the my wingman and I share the kill (points) 50/50. For me this would increase immersion by encouraging teamwork.

Ernst_Rohr
05-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I agree. The current "points" system is really an excuse for killwhoring.

TBH, I pretty much ignore it now, since in never fails that some dillhole will always be there to put a bullet into whatever you shot down, just to shark the kill.

They should award for what really mattered in RL, accomplishing the mission.

BrotherVoodoo
05-15-2007, 10:43 AM
My thoughts exactly. I would also like to see points awarded for landing a completed mission. Maybe even a bonus if your wingman also returns.

Bewolf
05-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Even the kill system taken as it is, is pretty worthless.
Fighters account for 100 points. That is way too much. Fighters in itself are redundant. What counts are Bombers, Stukas, JaBos and so on. Ground targets should get a way higher score. This would also lead soome ppl, hopefully, away from their ego driven "lemme kill!" attitudes to a more team and target orientated mindset. But I am probably just naive here.

HayateAce
05-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Kill points should literally be that.

1 kill = 1

The bomber guys can sort out how to award points for downing a ship and/or land targets. A fighter and its pilot are nothing compared to a sub, lowly transport or even a bridge.

Ernst_Rohr
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Yep, shooting down fighters was NOT the goal of most missions, just a byproduct of the mission.

Ground targets were far more important, but you would never know that by the way the game scores or by the way the majority of people fly online.

I was flying blue last night on Zekes vs wildcat, and blue was winning consistantly because we blew the hell out of our targets and won the map.

Fighters = expendable and cheap
Bombers = EXPENSIVE and hard to replace

The goal of fighters were to PREVENT the other side from achieving their mission, shooting stuff down was secondary. Shooting down a plane, damaging a bird and forcing an abort, or just convincing them that pressing on would be suicidal was a mission success.

And as far as AtA kills, if they really wanted to stop stupid killwhoring, give the kill to the shooter that did the largest percentage of damage, NOT the last one to hit it. That stops the kill*****s cold.

BrotherVoodoo
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
It's frusterating to see a plane you shot up go down in flames and have a kill stealer go put a couple of rounds in him and get the points.
This is a simulator, let's have a scoring system that promotes flying the missions in a more historical and team oriented manner.

Hoatee
05-15-2007, 01:33 PM
No scoring. Only stats of destruction.

K_Freddie
05-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Score ??? I've lost count so I don't bother anymore.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif