PDA

View Full Version : HALO movie

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok, its been rumored, talked about, and now it seems like someone was paying attention because someone is making it.

When i say someone, i mean that the script/storyboards are making the Hollywood curcuit.

From MegaGames.com:
"The story does go into some detail however and if any of the names associated with the movie are correct then the chemistry sounds perfect for the job. Which Halo fan would say no to having Ridley Scott, (Blade Runner, Alien), direct, Ed Harris appear as Captain Keyes and Samuel L. Jackson as Captain Johnson. It appears that Bungie has been in talks with Warner Brothers regarding a movie but has insisted that it will only consider handing over the movie rights if the original Alien director and writer are involved, something which may throttle the project since Ridley Scott is not very easy to get. "

More at this site MegaGames- Halo Movie (http://www.megagames.com/news/html/movies/halomovieintalks.shtml)

I appologize if this is but a rumor, but from the looks of it, it isnt. lets just hope they dont get a crappy director and a lame name.
Halo: The Movie seems a bit, well, you know.

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok, its been rumored, talked about, and now it seems like someone was paying attention because someone is making it.

When i say someone, i mean that the script/storyboards are making the Hollywood curcuit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> From MegaGames.com:
"The story does go into some detail however and if any of the names associated with the movie are correct then the chemistry sounds perfect for the job. Which Halo fan would say no to having Ridley Scott, (Blade Runner, Alien), direct, Ed Harris appear as Captain Keyes and Samuel L. Jackson as Captain Johnson. It appears that Bungie has been in talks with Warner Brothers regarding a movie but has insisted that it will only consider handing over the movie rights if the original Alien director and writer are involved, something which may throttle the project since Ridley Scott is not very easy to get. " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More at this site MegaGames- Halo Movie (http://www.megagames.com/news/html/movies/halomovieintalks.shtml)

I appologize if this is but a rumor, but from the looks of it, it isnt. lets just hope they dont get a crappy director and a lame name.
Halo: The Movie seems a bit, well, you know.

SABU1111
08-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Old news. A Halo movie has been confirmed for a couple of months.

Dmask89
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
yes. fox and universal are sharing the cost and everything. joint production

VTAssault
08-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I heard that it was going to be CG (computer generated) like Shrek or Toy Story.

I personally think this would be a good idea, it would allow for the original game VA come in. It would also be much easier than trying to find people for all the parts and still having the public clamor about how this and that doesnt work.

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2005, 07:42 PM
They should just call it Halo. It's omnipotent enough on it's own.

Now... I think they could make a cool combo real/computer animated movie with enough of the game we love, and still realistic in quality enough to satisfy the eye. They've come along way with that film and animation technology I think to pull it off. Too bad Spielberg and Lucas aren't doing it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Tee hee

Dmask89
08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
all CG would suck. they should do it like I, Robot/Star Wars:EP3 hopefully fox or universal can find a good director and not a crappy one like Uwe Bole or what ever is name is.

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Right

But do you think it should follow the storylines of Halo 1+2 (if they take too long, Halo 3) ?
I think it should follow Halo 1+2, to show how the story and characters change (and keep the arbiter in there too, that was vry unique), but then again, they would have to do something about that cliffhanger at the end of Halo 2...

and Dmask is right. although Cg would look cool, it wouldn't really work like the game, unless they got something that looks like the new "3rd pelican" Cg in the Multiplayer map pack. but maybe an Actor (stunt guy) can do all the chief's stunts while the voice actor dubs in his voice, much like darth vader, while the background/explosions/ the covenant is done in Cg, like episode 3.

3rd pelican Cg (http://www.gametrailers.com/search.php)

DominusPrinceps
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I thought Johnson was a sargeant major, hence his catchy and original nickname: Sarge.
Just a thought

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Hmmmm, it COULD work.... nice thinkin....