PDA

View Full Version : Codex & Altair's Armor

Bipolar Matt
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Whatever else Ubisoft may have planned for DLC for Brotherhood, I would like to see recovery of the Codex and Altair's Armor as part of it (not just the skin off of Uplay either).

It honestly seems like a plot hole to me that these items would be forgotten about. With all that was lost in the villa attack (paintings, weapons, armor sets, etc), I find it unlikely that Ezio would just let the loss of these two priceless items go and forget about them.

First, Altair's Armor The armor was a one of a kind set; nothing like it. An invaluable treasure. Ezio should recover it. In fact it seems he -does- recover it at some point. At the beginning, when setting up in the sanctuary, Desmond sees the phantom of Ezio wearing Altair's Armor when he's much older. Which implies that Ezio did it out from the Villa's rubble at some point.

Don't get me wrong; The Brutus Armor had a certain neat old-style Roman look about it, fitting for a general of the empire. Think Maximus from Gladiator. But for an assassin, no way. It's too heavy, too bulky; Ezio would likely have heatstroke trying to free run in that thick, heavy thing, if he could free run at all. I'd be curious as to how it was made as strong as Altair's Armor to begin with.

Second, the Codex. After all the time and effort re-assembling it and all the knowledge it contained, how could Ezio just let it fall into Templar hands? Have him recover it. Along with the armor. I don't care where, I don't care how, as long as it's not a ridiculous plot device. Stop off at the Villa on the way to Spain. Break into a templar stonghold in Rome. Whatever. Just please Ubisoft, give us the two items back in the next DLC and close up what I believe are a plot hole in the game.

Bipolar Matt
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Whatever else Ubisoft may have planned for DLC for Brotherhood, I would like to see recovery of the Codex and Altair's Armor as part of it (not just the skin off of Uplay either).

It honestly seems like a plot hole to me that these items would be forgotten about. With all that was lost in the villa attack (paintings, weapons, armor sets, etc), I find it unlikely that Ezio would just let the loss of these two priceless items go and forget about them.

First, Altair's Armor The armor was a one of a kind set; nothing like it. An invaluable treasure. Ezio should recover it. In fact it seems he -does- recover it at some point. At the beginning, when setting up in the sanctuary, Desmond sees the phantom of Ezio wearing Altair's Armor when he's much older. Which implies that Ezio did it out from the Villa's rubble at some point.

Don't get me wrong; The Brutus Armor had a certain neat old-style Roman look about it, fitting for a general of the empire. Think Maximus from Gladiator. But for an assassin, no way. It's too heavy, too bulky; Ezio would likely have heatstroke trying to free run in that thick, heavy thing, if he could free run at all. I'd be curious as to how it was made as strong as Altair's Armor to begin with.

Second, the Codex. After all the time and effort re-assembling it and all the knowledge it contained, how could Ezio just let it fall into Templar hands? Have him recover it. Along with the armor. I don't care where, I don't care how, as long as it's not a ridiculous plot device. Stop off at the Villa on the way to Spain. Break into a templar stonghold in Rome. Whatever. Just please Ubisoft, give us the two items back in the next DLC and close up what I believe are a plot hole in the game.