PDA

View Full Version : Off-topic : Devil May Cry... and sony too ;)

lpcrispo
03-20-2007, 06:15 AM
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html
Not really ( well, maybe a little ) a fanboy post, but i'm really happy that this great game is coming also for the 360!

lpcrispo
03-20-2007, 06:15 AM
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html
Not really ( well, maybe a little ) a fanboy post, but i'm really happy that this great game is coming also for the 360!

ifiwerearichman
03-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm not amused one bit. Sony is essentially loosing every 3rd party "exclusives" to the xbox and makes me wonder how many more will follow suite (as far as I know, we don't have a single 3rd party game exclusive to the PS3 apart from Full Auto 2... and that sucks big time). I can only hope that Sony is making sure to secure MGS 4 and FF XIII...

MTXteerling
03-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I really like the fact that all these games are coming to the 360. I own a 360 and hope to see games such as MGS coming to the 360 soon. I couldn't care less if any of the xbox 360 exclusives also went to the ps3. I hold no grudge against it. Although I am a xbox fanboy, I don't critize the ps3 in any way (except maybe the price).
Do you not like the losing of exclusives because you think it might endanger the existence of the ps3? Or do you just hate the 360?
Sharing games might (hopefully somehow) down-size the whole console-war thing.

Also, thanks for the info Ipcrispo. I didn't know that. You just made my day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ifiwerearichman
03-20-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm saying that if too many former exclusives go multiplatform, then the price of the PS3 is no longer justifiable. Personally, I got the PS3 because certain games weren't expected to see an appearance on the rival console. This obviously comes as a shock to me cause this was my most highly anticipated game (yes, more so than GTA IV and Assasin's Creed, COMBINED EVEN). So its not like I have a personal vendetta against the xbox or anything, I just want games that were suppose to be exclusive (especially those that are favs to me) to stay exclusive.

lpcrispo
03-20-2007, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MTXteerling:
I really like the fact that all these games are coming to the 360. I own a 360 and hope to see games such as MGS coming to the 360 soon. I couldn't care less if any of the xbox 360 exclusives also went to the ps3. I hold no grudge against it. Although I am a xbox fanboy, I don't critize the ps3 in any way (except maybe the price).
Do you not like the losing of exclusives because you think it might endanger the existence of the ps3? Or do you just hate the 360?

Also, thanks for the info Ipcrispo. I didn't know that. You just made my day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm like you, I think.. every third party game should be multiplatform.. it's good for gamers because they can buy more game without being forced to buy all the console. And it's good for the company making this game because it means more game sold.
The only thing that is bad is for company who makes console... but at the same time, it's good for the gamer, because those same company will be forced to revolutionize (sp??) their next system... to add better options, have a better pricing... etc.
In the long term, it can just mean a greater experience for the gamers! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and I like this!

rahul911
03-21-2007, 01:39 AM
umm...WTF SONY!!!..heard this news est..n m lyk wtf....SOny need 2 make sure they keep their rest exclusives(mainly MGS4 and FFXIII) pay them millions or nillions i don't know....if we loose MGS4 2 360....its lyk gettting Halo3 on ps3 which wont happen since its a first party title...whatever it is..very disapointing for me...but then agian...atleast ps3 owners are GETTING THE GAME!!
don't think of me as a fanboy....but a main reason of me buying a ps3 this friday was DMC4 exclusivety..
oh well...i guess i'll have to stick with the AAA first party games

ifiwerearichman
03-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Capcom should respond in kind by porting Dead Rising and Lost Planet to the PS3....

lpcrispo
03-21-2007, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
Capcom should respond in kind by porting Dead Rising and Lost Planet to the PS3.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, they should, those are really really great games.
I have a 360, but it doesn't mean I dont want to share the love to my fellow gamers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif whatever the system they play on!

Razersblade_
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I think it's better for games to be multi-platform - I was so excited to find out that AC was coming out for the 360 as well.
It meant I wouldn't have to sell a kidney for the PS3.
The only game I like and would need a Playstation for is God Of War 2 - But that's exclusive to the PS2 isn't it? I wonder if there will be a version for the PS3 or if you'd just have to rely on backwards compatibilty.

robo_turtle
03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
great, but i hope this doesnet hurt sony to much. I realy hate exclusive games, it would be nice if they all just swaped games on to multiplatform.

GoldenHawk442
03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Heard about this in another ubi forum. Watch the PS3 crash and burn as it loses its exclusive titles. First, AC. Next, GTA IV. Now it's DMC4. Watch for FFXIII and MGS4 to be on the 360 as well.

RetiredHatch
03-21-2007, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razersblade_:
I think it's better for games to be multi-platform - I was so excited to find out that AC was coming out for the 360 as well.
It meant I wouldn't have to sell a kidney for the PS3.
The only game I like and would need a Playstation for is God Of War 2 - But that's exclusive to the PS2 isn't it? I wonder if there will be a version for the PS3 or if you'd just have to rely on backwards compatibilty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God of War 3 is going to be on the PS3 the second and first one's are for the PS2 and there's a different one coming for the PSP...

rahul911
03-22-2007, 12:41 AM
I actually really want to play Lost Planet...but don't own a 360
But havent' u guys heard of the new 360 coming...called 360 elite....its got 120gig hdd..comes with and hdmi port and the cables....i actually don't know whether m$ r tring to piss off the 10 mil 360 owners....cos if u want to upgrade your hdd...its gonna cost u $200

DarkCrawler90
03-22-2007, 04:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoldenHawk442:
Heard about this in another ubi forum. Watch the PS3 crash and burn as it loses its exclusive titles. First, AC. Next, GTA IV. Now it's DMC4. Watch for FFXIII and MGS4 to be on the 360 as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ARE aware that losing some exclusives doesn't mean losing ALL? Right? I am all for every console having the big games, but it is pretty much crazy to assume that every single exclusive is lost because of couple. Sony still has MGS4, FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, God of War 3, White Knight Story, Heavenly Sword, Afrika, LittleBigPlanet, Lair...and many other games.

PS3 got Oblivion and Saints Row, but it doesn't mean that 360 loses Mass Effect, Crackdown, Halo and other exclusives it has...

PS3 isn't going to crash and burn. I am not expecting it to win the console war or anything, but the fact is, Sony is a HUGE corporation, with more money then Microsoft and Nintendo combined, and something with all that cash behind it isn't going to crash and burn.

Good for X-Box owners that they got this game though...DMC3 is one of the best games I have ever played and I have high expectations of IV.

kew414
03-22-2007, 04:45 AM
I think it's great 360 owners can play DMC4 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But I myself own a 360, so it's kind of obvious I would say that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">great, but i hope this doesnet hurt sony to much. I realy hate exclusive games, it would be nice if they all just swaped games on to multiplatform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wish that was possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
But as long as there's more than one console, that is never, ever going to happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

deadskies
12-06-2009, 07:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MTXteerling:

Also, thanks for the info Ipcrispo. I didn't know that. You just made my day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll admit 100%: I HATE THE 360!!! It's a terrible system, sure it looks ok, and sure you're lead to believe it's comparable to PS3 (thanks to unintelligent fanboys and misinformation from people Microsoft pays for good reviews). But it can't handle 1/10th of anything the PS3 can, not to mention the PS3 easily has 10 times the features 360 has right out of the box!!! People try to justify their purchases by lying to themselves and others, but what it comes down to is this: People buy 360's because they are too cheap to get the PS3, and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, I haven't met a single person who hasn't had to buy 3 or more 360s in the past year alone thanks to the RROD that was programmed to kick in about 6-12 months after the initial power up of the system. While I've had my PS3 for over 2 years without so much as a hiccup, let's see, $250-$300 four times in one year equals $1,000-$1,200. While One PS3 cost $500 ($299 now, so go get one *hint, hint*). Guess who got the better deal??

deadskies
12-06-2009, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rahul911:
I actually really want to play Lost Planet...but don't own a 360
But havent' u guys heard of the new 360 coming...called 360 elite....its got 120gig hdd..comes with and hdmi port and the cables....i actually don't know whether m$ r tring to **** off the 10 mil 360 owners....cos if u want to upgrade your hdd...its gonna cost u $200 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lost Planet.....PS3.....Has been out for forever, and looks and plays 500X better than the 360 version, that's what happens when a company actually tailors it's game to a platform instead of just making a crappy port. and For your information, 360 isn't true HD, anything with an "i" at the end isn't real HD, it's interpreted, 1080i vs 1080p, whereas "i" stands for "interpreted", "p" stands for pixellated. Sooooo many people leave that part of the argument out ALL the time. Everyone just simply forgets 360's biggest visual flaw.

RequiestaInPace
12-06-2009, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadskies:

I'll admit 100%: I HATE THE 360!!! It's a terrible system, sure it looks ok, and sure you're lead to believe it's comparable to PS3 (thanks to unintelligent fanboys and misinformation from people Microsoft pays for good reviews). But it can't handle 1/10th of anything the PS3 can, not to mention the PS3 easily has 10 times the features 360 has right out of the box!!! People try to justify their purchases by lying to themselves and others, but what it comes down to is this: People buy 360's because they are too cheap to get the PS3, and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, I haven't met a single person who hasn't had to buy 3 or more 360s in the past year alone thanks to the RROD that was programmed to kick in about 6-12 months after the initial power up of the system. While I've had my PS3 for over 2 years without so much as a hiccup, let's see, $250-$300 four times in one year equals $1,000-$1,200. While One PS3 cost $500 ($299 now, so go get one *hint, hint*). Guess who got the better deal?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everything you said there was wrong.
It was not programmed as I got my 360 a year after it came out and the problem was fixed, as I haven't had a hiccup for almost 3 years.

The PS3 is, admittedly, a great system, but the only thing it has better than the 360 is the blu-ray drive. Yes, the PS3 is much more poweful than the 360, but none of the games we play need this power and when the time comes, since the 360 was released 4 years ago, the new console would get released.

Saying this, if I hadn't started playing next-gen games 2 years before the release of the PS3 and wanted to buy a current-gen console now, I'd buy a PS3, but I would not see fit to basically waste 300 quid on a PS3 when my 360 is perfectly capable of the same things.

You're right, Lost Planet does look different on the PS3, but so does every game as the PS3's graphics have a softer, warmer colour palette, whereas the 360's graphics are sharper. That is the difference.

And for your information, smart-***, I'm running the 360 in 1080p right now.

SpyderNynja
12-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Why the hell did you guys resurrect this thread? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

RequiestaInPace
12-06-2009, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swiftslasher7:
Why the hell did you guys resurrect this thread? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I couldn't stand the ignorance.

BTOG46
12-06-2009, 09:13 AM
And I'm not fond of Necromancy..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Thread closed.