PDA

View Full Version : Rudder Control

Lemky
11-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Oleg, the rudder control in this flight sim is not right.The wobbles or the over conrtol in this sim needs some work.The control for the rudder needs to be changed.I love this game but the inputs to the rudder control is poor,Please fix in the next patch.The rest of the controls work well.Yes I do fly but not on a computer controller that is the problem.

Lemky
11-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Oleg, the rudder control in this flight sim is not right.The wobbles or the over conrtol in this sim needs some work.The control for the rudder needs to be changed.I love this game but the inputs to the rudder control is poor,Please fix in the next patch.The rest of the controls work well.Yes I do fly but not on a computer controller that is the problem.

|CoB|_Spectre
11-20-2005, 08:24 AM
I don't know if you've tried this, but you can go into the main menu, click on Hardware, then click on Input and there you can make adjustments to the sensitivity of pitch, roll and yaw inputs. If rudder is too sensitive for your controller or your taste, adjust the sliders. IIRC, the default yaw (rudder) sliders were all at 100. Many people prefer a gradient setting, starting from left to right sliders, with increasing authority (i.e., 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 22, etc.). You can change the virtual "feel" of an aircraft's flight characteristics by tailoring the sliders for pitch, roll and yaw. Oleg built this into the system because no two controllers behave the same and no two pilots fly the same way.

AB_Mormac
11-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Lemky are you talking about Wobbles or yaw oscillations.Because we all know that in a real airplane when you use the rudder and stop the nose of the plane keeps on swaying back and forth for awhile.Yah Right the yaw oscillations in the game are out of WACK.
To the players that think this is away an plane flys with these yaw oscillations I would love to sell you my old Ford pick up truck it does the same thing.All over the road.
The truth is Oleg has to do some fine tuning to this sim

LEXX_Luthor
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Mormacs:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would love to sell you my old Ford pick up truck it does the same thing. All over the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What year? Single owner?

Professor_06
11-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Oleg has stated that input settings hae been difficult to program. With multiple joysticks his programs falters in the settings department. My USB joystick and USB rudder pedals dont interact well with his settings page and I have a hard time toning down the rudder peds and eliminating spiking. Just the opposite BOBII and CFS3. The rudders in those games are too weak. MS2004 and Xplane 8.2 seems to have it just right.. Kinda like the story of the three bears. Im sure he's/they are working on it.

whiteladder
11-23-2005, 03:17 AM
I had the same problems with rudder control when the patch first came out. I did what Spectre did and it made a huge difference.

FoolTrottel
11-25-2005, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My USB joystick and USB rudder pedals dont interact well with his settings page and I have a hard time toning down the rudder peds and eliminating spiking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look at the thing in my sig... it can help.

Have Fun!

Lemky
11-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Tryed your program FoolTrottel,it is a nice progam and works well in this sim,a must have.But I still have the yaw oscillations.I think Mormac is right.A airplane should not have these yaw oscillations.If we have yaw oscillations,and if it is the way a plane flys then there should be pitch oscillations as well.I am hoping Oleg will have a look at this tiny problem with the yaw oscillations.This sim is to good to let this tiny problem make other players go to other games.
To the rest go rent a plane and do the kick the rudder hard and it will not have these yaw oscillations.
And to the rest that tryed to help, Thank You for your time.This Sim attracts the best people on line.
Cheers

|CoB|_Spectre
11-26-2005, 01:51 PM
It's difficult to interpret from your narrative the degree of the yaw oscillations you're experiencing. A couple of observations: First, the IL-2 programming engine has inherent limitations, though there have been numerous workarounds throughout its evolution. As torque modeling became more pronounced, it is hard to tell if the development team just hasn't hit it right yet or if they've done the best they can within the game engine's limitations. Second, comparisons with general aviation piston aircraft of 250 hp or less with a WWII warbird of 1000+ hp is comparing apples to oranges. When you read pilot descriptions like those of Bud Anderson's Mustang vs 109 fight in the vertical, one becomes aware of how trimming was a constant affair to stabilize the gun platform (aka, aircraft). Changes in power setting required a complementary change in rudder trim, changes in angle of attack also necessitated changes in rudder trim. A Cessna 152 at high AoA and high power setting requires significant right rudder to keep the ball centered, you can only imagine the requirements of an aircraft with 10 times the power and many times the spinning mass of propeller. I've been flying sims with rudder pedals for years, I can't imagine doing it any other way nor how difficult it must be for someone who doesn't use them.

Krt_Bong
12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
if you use Il2 sticks OhBeta program for your HOTAS try making your curve extend out to around 60 at the 7th column and then complete the curve to 100% in the last three columns, this will effectively slow your rudder occilation to a more controllable level but still give you full travel. Now practice a takeoff from the chase view and see how much input you need to maintain a straight run you should find that the rudder doesnt go full travel when only adding in a little input.

Lemky
12-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks to all that replyed.Tryed all of your suggestons.No luck,I still have yaw oscillations when I stop the rudder it sways back and forth for a few seconds,this is not right.Makes the game bad to play.
Oleg can you fix this problem,please post a reply so I can have some hope.Bin playing your game since it came out and the yaw oscillations are way off.With the yaw oscillations the game has become unflyable.

VW-IceFire
12-11-2005, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lemky:
Thanks to all that replyed.Tryed all of your suggestons.No luck,I still have yaw oscillations when I stop the rudder it sways back and forth for a few seconds,this is not right.Makes the game bad to play.
Oleg can you fix this problem,please post a reply so I can have some hope.Bin playing your game since it came out and the yaw oscillations are way off.With the yaw oscillations the game has become unflyable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have the same problme.

I've been told to "Learn how to fly", "configure your joystick" and a variety of other things. Fortunately you've arrived on the scene later and opinion is starting to sway that its not those things but something to do with the patch and its FM system.

4.01 was far better. I'd go back except for the new content and multiplayer.

This is a real problem...its highly unrealistic from what I can tell...and strangely enough random people get it and have it. Its somewhat fixable through a variety of unproven methods but it never really goes away and takes away the fun value in the game.

SeaFireLIV
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Lemky, you could try adjusting your rudder settings in Ch Control manager if you have Ch rudder sticks.

I wasn`t much problems until I recently unplugged and replugged my rudders - I went online and suddenly I couldn`t take off. My rudder was swinging me all over the place. I`ve reduced the rudder sensitivity and it`s helped.

I never touch the ingame settings cos that just confuses things more so... at least for me.

CatKnacker
01-18-2006, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yaw oscillations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How to do this

CatKnacker
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi was wondering if you found a fix for the yaw oscillations,I just got this game and my plane is swing for a while when I use the rudder.It looks like a great game but the rudder control is driving me crazy.

Buster_Dee
01-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I stopped using the CH manager when I discovered that it reverses rudder roll effect. I guess the in-game settings were having a tiff with the CH manager settings. I'd add a little rudder to tighten my turn and, instead of helping the ailerons, it would counter them and throw the nose out of the turn. I was in a Spit when I discovered this. Never tried it in other planes.

Really strange.

kilbil19er
01-22-2006, 06:31 AM
It must be an absalute nightmare for anyone trying to learn this game for the first time with the 402 patch. Ive given up for the time being. The memory of how it was pre 402 and hopfully what it will be like when oleg fixes it gives me hope for the future though

Kilbil19er.

Lemky
01-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi CatKnacker,I have tryed everthing that was suggested here and the some.No luck with the yaw oscillations.Have tryed different joy sticks and settings.And car pedels as rudders,same old yaw oscillations.
But did hook up my Logitech Momo steering wheel for the rudder use and {NO yaw oscillations}what so ever.
Now I am woundering if the players here are using a good set of rudder peddels if the have any yaw oscillations in the game what so ever.
If you have no yaw oscillations in the game and could you post the type of rudder conrtol you have including the brand and type.It would really help use out with this problem