PDA

View Full Version : My time to ask for some help...

Maj_Solo
08-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Don't think I've seen an answer to this before. I have a new career and my little kaptain Rolf Kaufmann who suffered a x1024 instant death accident. Which I refuses to acknowledge. Now, everytime I create a save file, after which I want to exit the sim, I don't get the "Exit Patrol" message but only "Abandon Carrer" mission after mission the Sim is so cheap only to give me this option. And some how I think it is related to the previous death experience, is there a procedure to make the sim forget about that previous little accident?

What is your guesses?

I have one guess and that is play a whole subsequent mission without save and get back to base successfully and you will be forgiven.....

I've gotten the "dead" stamp remove from my forehead before but don't remember how it is done, anybody know? what's you guesses?

Maj_Solo
08-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Don't think I've seen an answer to this before. I have a new career and my little kaptain Rolf Kaufmann who suffered a x1024 instant death accident. Which I refuses to acknowledge. Now, everytime I create a save file, after which I want to exit the sim, I don't get the "Exit Patrol" message but only "Abandon Carrer" mission after mission the Sim is so cheap only to give me this option. And some how I think it is related to the previous death experience, is there a procedure to make the sim forget about that previous little accident?

What is your guesses?

I have one guess and that is play a whole subsequent mission without save and get back to base successfully and you will be forgiven.....

I've gotten the "dead" stamp remove from my forehead before but don't remember how it is done, anybody know? what's you guesses?

Grey004
08-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Maj,
I had he same problem,tried restarting from a save and had no chance.The only thing I could do was to give him,meaning my skipper,before the wise cracks get in, a new career.

Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.

Chrystine
08-31-2005, 03:58 AM
Hi Maj_Solo,

I had a very similar experience some time ago €" and was able to finally rectify it only by deleting all saves made from that point on, and including the €˜bad one€ made at the time of the instance (sudden death in TC @ 524x).

Essentially, I believe if you delete all save-points until you are back-again prior to that incident, it will work again €" if it is indeed related to that incident (and sounds to me as tho€ it probably is €" but obviously I can do nothing but guess here).
Hopefully, that would work even if only €˜rolling back€ to an antecedent Save-point while yet on patrol. If not, you could try just loading the last in Base (SH III Generated) Save prior to that incident, and hope that at-least will clear it up€¦

Needless for me to say it I€m sure, but if you try this, please backup those Saves first €" so just in event it doesn€t work, you may feel less urge to come back here & stuff me into a torpedo tube €¦ & I€ll feel less like climbing in €¦

I do think it will work this way tho€ €¦ as it has worked for me twice now. The first time I lost two full completed missions with my €˜roll-back€ €" but the second time, I tried it with returning to an earlier save Much-nearer to the €˜causative glitch,€ & that worked just fine as well.

For whatever it may be worth to add to this, however €" in my case (both times) I wasn€t even able to load the Patrol anymore, until I affected the changes mentioned above.

Hope this may help some €¦
Either way €" BOL! & happy hunting!

~ C.

Maj_Solo
08-31-2005, 04:14 AM
Yes, I am sure it will help to rollback, I also know that so far I am always successful in loading saves done when out on the ocean. The in base autosaves I had some problem with, I am not saying I will this time , I am only saying I am absolutely positive a rollback to a save made on the ocean will work, and I have those, one or two per mission call 'a' 'b' and maybe a 'c' save file if the mission was long. So I will be able to rollback, I try that later, right now I make a last effort to wipe the stamp away .... then I rollback ...

L.Sword
08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
Oh... Well... I have the same "problem", I guess...
Ever since I started a new career (first one on 100%), which coincided with me installing 1.4 I can't exit patrol either, so if I want to keep my career I have to return to port and dock.
At the time I kind of assumed it was a feature either in 1.4 or 100% realism, and never thought about it again. Hmm, maybe it IS a bug... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Maj_Solo
08-31-2005, 10:10 AM
I started a new career and now I assume it is the 100% realism.... we'll see ..... right now I am trying to reinstall rome total war, CD1 is not working and even CD2 which have been in the case the whole time (I think) can not be read, and not on the Linux machines CDROM drives either so I can not cat > RTW.iso either ..... thrown away many games this week, I am keeping the booklets just in case an image gets available on the net, software developers should get rid of the DVDs and the CDs and just sell the booklets in the store and let us install via broadband instead .... even CDs that I havent used much and have been in the bookshelf for years can not be read anymore, I thought CDs should last forever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif this is turning out to be quite costly ...-

I experiment with SH3 more later ...

Anton_Reinhold
08-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I did find a file/folder in the SH3 program called Mine Field and another called AntiSubmarine Nets or something to those effects suggesting that they have mine fields and anti-submarine nets in the game. I know for a fact that there is an anti-submarine net blocking most of the entrance to Scapa Flow in the game because I got caught in it playing a single mission game. Perhaps you guys are running into mines? It did happen just like that back in WWII. There are many U-Boats still listed as missing, presumed destroyed by minefield.

Kaleun1961
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
I had that happen to me a few careers ago. Sailing along at 1024 and then instant death. I attributed it to hitting a mine near the English coast. I did the manly thing and took the hit, writing it down as a mine. Now if it happens way out at sea, then that's a different story, so I would not feel quite so guilty to reload.