PDA

View Full Version : I am Stock outtah the BOX PF What Can i expect

MikerBiker
01-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I am Stock out of the BOX with my PF..so what can i expect if i Do a Up Grade with a Patch? where is it listed as to what the Patch up grade will add to the stock Pf? any help is greatly Appreaciated.
Crash Of 43.

MikerBiker
01-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I am Stock out of the BOX with my PF..so what can i expect if i Do a Up Grade with a Patch? where is it listed as to what the Patch up grade will add to the stock Pf? any help is greatly Appreaciated.
Crash Of 43.

Heavy_Weather
01-06-2005, 12:01 PM
you should definately get Forgotten Battles/AceExpansionPack before installing PF, if you want to fly online if you dont already have them.

Taylortony
01-06-2005, 12:17 PM
yes if you get the Gold pack or the FB and aces cd and do a combined version you get all the planes from that version and the maps too.

Ok the first patch tweaked a few things as did 3.03, you can download 3.03 the big version and it will bring it up to date, i think you will need this version, because 3.04 is the next one coming soon, that will add a lot more planes to your game, but as said you may need the previous one too put 3.04 over, the patches gave you improvements in various things graphics speed... new fire and smoke effects and one aircraft i believe.

steve_v
01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
for the merged install: 100 MB, pf_patch303m.exe, Merged (PF+IL2FB+AEP) retail v3.03 full patch

for the stand alone: 100 MB, pf_patch303.exe, Standalone (PF) retail v3.03 full patch

both can be found here: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/pacificfighters/downloads/

Bearcat99
01-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Get the Aces GOLD pack..... $29 US at Comp USA. You wont be sorry one bit and this will go down in your mrmories as the best $70 you ever spent on software........ EVER..... and for a long time to come. Believe me when I tell ya this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MikerBiker
01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks fellas...i will buy the ACE Expansion Pack i seen one at Micro Center and i am sure that i will love It......Thanks Again for all the Info .
Crash...of....43
Mikerrrrrrr

LEXX_Luthor
01-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Yes, install the two FB disks first, then the AEP disk, then the two PF disks. Five CDs in all.

You will need the PF Patch as the playing content (missions, campaigns, etc...) is not great in PF ouddabox but is better in Patch.

FB content is pretty good, and there is over a year's worth of 3rd Party content you can download. Ask Bear about UQMG (or something like that) -- I never used it but I stay with the original mission editor (the FMB), but this UQMG is great for mission crafting without deep knowledge of FMB. See the Mission Builder thread in the PF forum here for example, it gets very bizzare (the FMB, not the PF forum, well that too), but weirdness comes with Power to build missions.

If you are looking for online play, both FB and PF work very well, but ask the onliners here about that.

Wellcome to Forgotten Board