PDA

View Full Version : what happens with us who cant run perfect mode?

raaaid
09-23-2005, 01:37 PM
in servers with time set at midday if you use anything except perfect settings water will look flat blue so i crash all the time

is there a solution without having to change computer nor server

raaaid
09-23-2005, 01:37 PM
in servers with time set at midday if you use anything except perfect settings water will look flat blue so i crash all the time

is there a solution without having to change computer nor server

AFSG_Bulldog
09-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Well I can certainly understand your predicament. But in a combat situation, your situational awareness is extremely important.

Just include the altimeter in your scan. It isn't that hard to do, even in a close dogfight. The altimeter is not affected by your graphics settings. So when the hands are getting close to the "0" you better pull back on the stick or else come up with some other tactic real quick.

TX-Gunslinger
09-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Actually, I'd submit that the lower your graphic settings, the higher your SA.

The less detailed water, trees, hills and such your computer is drawing, the better you can the targets.

In fact the lower your graphic resolution and AA/AF, the better airplane and ground target dots stand out.

Try it, you'll see. Take graphics down to 800 X 600, ground detail to Low, etc... and see what I mean. It's ugly, but since your drawing less things that are'nt targets, the targets stand out more. Also, AA tends to smooth the edges of dots.

I dont' like this paradigm, but it's the reality of the software at this time. So folks with older systems, are'nt as handicapped as many would like to admit. It's the folks with the high-end systems running 1600X1200 who can't see as well. Lot's of eye-candy, but then eye-candy never really killed anyone did it?

Number one issue that I hope there is some technical solution for.

Biggest complaint I ever had in this series was when we got the big "dots" in 3.02 and too many people complained and then we went back to "little dots". The little dots can be made by anyone's graphic settings to be "big" dots, but of course you will lose a lot of eye-candy, and that's not very enjoyable to me.

S~