PDA

View Full Version : Can't change skins - something new!!!

Rodger1944
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I've been flying PF patched through 4.04m for some time now. Today, I've encountered a problem that I didn't have before.

In the past, I was able to download skins from the net and get them to appear properly in the game. All of a sudden, I'm no longer able to change skins at all. In addition, I can no longer turn off the "marking" button or change the appearance of the "squadron".

This type of operation was not apparent when I first started using the game, it is something that's developed just recently. Does anyone know if this is a setting burried somewhere within the game. Perhaps something I can put back to the way it was?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Rodger

Rodger1944
02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I've been flying PF patched through 4.04m for some time now. Today, I've encountered a problem that I didn't have before.

In the past, I was able to download skins from the net and get them to appear properly in the game. All of a sudden, I'm no longer able to change skins at all. In addition, I can no longer turn off the "marking" button or change the appearance of the "squadron".

This type of operation was not apparent when I first started using the game, it is something that's developed just recently. Does anyone know if this is a setting burried somewhere within the game. Perhaps something I can put back to the way it was?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Rodger

Rodger1944
02-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!...

A few days back, I followed the instructions in my Microsoft "XP" manual to change my personal user account from unlimited access to a "limited" access. This is supposed to provide you with an enhanced degree of protection from viruses and stuff.

Ok, now some time after I made the change, I noticed that I could no longer change skins. I went back and accessed the game through an account that had full "Administrative" access and found I once again had access to all of my skins and the "markings" switch was again operational.

From what I can see, you have to have administrative access to your machine if you want to use different skins.

WB_Outlaw
02-07-2007, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rodger1944:
From what I can see, you have to have administrative access to your machine if you want to use different skins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most likely this is not true. You probably only need the correct rights to the skin directories and files. I bet your "limited" user doesn't have rights.

--Outlaw.