PDA

View Full Version : stealth worries

darkghost1995
11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I am a bit worried on stealth

we haven't seen any of it and it seems they have focused it on action.

darkghost1995
11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I am a bit worried on stealth

we haven't seen any of it and it seems they have focused it on action.

BixelBG
11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Ezio is not originaly a trainer assassin so hes probably relying mostly on action (i think)

Darkmaul1011
11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Just a question, have you played the original?

From the videos I have seen, they seem to take the same approach to stealth. Being alone on the roof tops, or moving slowly on ground.

PWNcracker
11-01-2009, 01:13 PM
2 words - Social Stealth.

This game is all about using people and socially acceptable actions to your advantage, such as sitting on a bench whilst listening in or merging with a crowd to get to your target.

Its not your traditional sneaking stealth, it's all about manipulating the crowd and others around you to your advantage!

Welcome to the forums by the way!!!

bornforhaze
11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
It's more about merging with crowds more than splinter cell type stealth.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-01-2009, 01:27 PM
From what I have seen and read, they've improved the social stealth tenfold for Assassin's Creed II.

You've got Courtesans who can help hide you in the crowd and also distract guards and targets. You've got Thieves who can distract guards and help you steal and fight. You've got poison so you can take out your targets without anyone knowing. You can now blend with anyone, not just scholars and monks. You can throw money on the ground as a distraction. You can throw smoke bombs to escape more easily, and there might be other uses for it too.

There's a notoriety system in place that will dictate your state of notoriety in a given location, and your social stealth success will vary depending on how well- or little-known you are. You can rip down posters and bribe or assassinate witnesses to lower that notoriety. You can assassinate guards, and possibly targets too, from benches and then prop them up to make it look like they're just sitting around, or from carts and just pull them into the hay.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkghost1995:
we haven't seen any of it and it seems they have focused it on action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There are lots of videos on YouTube from developers and expo-goers alike that show the above uses of social stealth off brilliantly.

Really, I think there's nothing to worry about. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most about Assassin's Creed II.

davidov
11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkghost1995:
we haven't seen any of it and it seems they have focused it on action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There are lots of videos on YouTube from developers and expo-goers alike that show the above uses of social stealth off brilliantly.

Really, I think there's nothing to worry about. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most about Assassin's Creed II. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there's nothing to worry about either. I mean, I always thought that making a good assassination involved getting near your target without being spotted, and if possible without making a kill, then taking him out from above, and know they've made it more versatile. So a big plus for us stealthfreaks!

darkghost1995
11-01-2009, 02:35 PM
okay so social stealth, that seems pretty cool...

I haven't played the orignal one of my many mistakes didn't have a good enough PC or a next gen console then, thanks for the welcome PWNcracker

PWNcracker
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkghost1995:
thanks for the welcome PWNcracker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure.

El_Sjietah
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM

I haven't played the orignal one of my many mistakes didn't have a good enough PC or a next gen console then, thanks for the welcome PWNcracker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I advice you to pick it up now you have a system that can handle it. It's still an awesome game and a perfect way to build up to wait for ACII release.

Grandmaster_Z
11-01-2009, 06:16 PM

I haven't played the orignal one of my many mistakes didn't have a good enough PC or a next gen console then, thanks for the welcome PWNcracker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if u have a good enough pc now, then go get it fool.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 07:58 AM
I would actually advise picking up the first one. Otherwise there may be a few occassions in Assassin's Creed II where you may think, "What? I don't get it."
You can probably pick it up off eBay for less then $40.

caswallawn_2k7
11-02-2009, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can probably pick it up off eBay for less then $40. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
with it's age if you cant pick it up new for less than that the shop your using is a rip off.

Tetsou88
11-02-2009, 08:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can probably pick it up off eBay for less then $40. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
with it's age if you cant pick it up new for less than that the shop your using is a rip off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Especially since it's a greatest hit. Bestbuy has it at $19.99.

darkghost1995
11-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I will pick it up on saturday I have a 360 now so would it be better on that than PC?

The3rdDay
11-02-2009, 10:32 AM

It's around $20 on steam (There was a special a few days ago when it was only $5 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif)

Grandmaster_Z
11-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I will pick it up on saturday I have a 360 now so would it be better on that than PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

put it like this, the pc version on max settings will not look any better than the 360 version..its pretty much up to you which one you prefer..

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
They call the PC version the Director's Cut Edition. No idea if there's really more stuff though. Never played the 360 one. The PC one is bound to be a lot cheaper though.

NoxieDC
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
The PC has just a little more variety in the gathering information part of the game (pre-assassinations).