PDA

View Full Version : Want to Contribute

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm a CAD driver and want to contribute a model or two to this community. How do I go about it? I've tried IL2 Center but can't get approved to join their forum. I guess Luthor never replies to email (not even to his friends) because he's so busy. Nowhere have I found information about CAD standards in creating a model.

I've noticed that their are no round objects, so do I not extrude say a circle? Are the CAD drawings done in solid modeling or solid surfacing? My drawings done in MicroStation convert to AUTOCAD solids .DXF and, I believe, to 3D Studio Max.

I'd like to find a 3D Studio Max designer out their that would look over a couple barges I've made and tell me what I've done wrong before I take on something bigger - say a carrier.

I can do the 3D models using precision CAD standards, all 4 LOD's, but don't have access to 3D Studio Max. Also someone else would have to do the texturing.

A.H.

P.S. I'd post pictures of what I've created so far but don't know how that is done.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm a CAD driver and want to contribute a model or two to this community. How do I go about it? I've tried IL2 Center but can't get approved to join their forum. I guess Luthor never replies to email (not even to his friends) because he's so busy. Nowhere have I found information about CAD standards in creating a model.

I've noticed that their are no round objects, so do I not extrude say a circle? Are the CAD drawings done in solid modeling or solid surfacing? My drawings done in MicroStation convert to AUTOCAD solids .DXF and, I believe, to 3D Studio Max.

I'd like to find a 3D Studio Max designer out their that would look over a couple barges I've made and tell me what I've done wrong before I take on something bigger - say a carrier.

I can do the 3D models using precision CAD standards, all 4 LOD's, but don't have access to 3D Studio Max. Also someone else would have to do the texturing.

A.H.

P.S. I'd post pictures of what I've created so far but don't know how that is done.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 04:31 AM
I have posted a link to this thread on the IL2 centre modellers forum.

http://www.il2center.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=30626#30626

To post pics you need an external host and then link to them. I created a msn group but the linking is a bit tricky with msn. Other people use yahoo or geocities.