PDA

View Full Version : L85A1

ravenfire06
02-10-2007, 02:39 AM
i know everyone misses the m16 and m4 witch were good guns.. but anyone miss the l85.. this gun use to be a beast in rs3 and BA. itd be nice to see it back in the game again

ravenfire06
02-10-2007, 02:39 AM
i know everyone misses the m16 and m4 witch were good guns.. but anyone miss the l85.. this gun use to be a beast in rs3 and BA. itd be nice to see it back in the game again

Storm_593
02-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Yep, I miss it too. I want it back

Blackcrux
02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
I miss it. I've mentioned it before in other posts. I used to use it and a G36C all the time.(At separate times of course)

ninja7921
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
i've been told that they actually did motioncaptering with this gun, but i don't know why its in the game.

skyline3270
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
i miss it too..it owned! id also like to see a reg g36...not this mg

vietbboi08
02-12-2007, 12:43 AM
ya i would have love the G36E, not the MG36

lsr1981
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but thought better than starting a new one.

I know the reason as to why the M4/M16 are not in the game.

That's fine, legal stuff and all that but does the same apply to the SA-80 (L85A1/L85A2) series of guns or is there another reason?

I am unable to find an answer and were wondering if anybody had an answer?

RSTYLES1
08-26-2007, 05:52 PM
How much did H&K pay Ubisoft?

lsr1981
08-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I will admit there does appear to be a slight H&K influence in R6V.

With 11 out 34 guns being H&K there is a high proportion of them. Though if H&K were paying a lot then you would have thought their new HK416 would have been in instead of the M8.

That can not be the only reason though, I suppose there is always the fact that the makers of the SA-80 said no.

Any other suggestions?

DrRustyTaco
08-27-2007, 12:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lsr1981:
Though if H&K were paying a lot then you would have thought their new HK416 would have been in instead of the M8. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bear in mind that videogames take a fair bit of time to develop. When this game would have been in it's infancy, the XM8 was in this "Future Warrior" program the US Army were doing. This was only scrapped since the game was released (or a little before - I never followed it's progress). Seeing as this game is set in the future, my guess is that neither Ubisoft nor H&K saw a place for the HK416 with the XM8 in the way. That's my guess anyway.

Pass on the SA80 though.

I'm mildly surprised nobody has brought up GRAW though, which has the SA80, the XM8 (except the 360's GRAW 2), the regular G36 as well as the LMG version, and I believe the HK416 if memory serves me correctly...

TW_Night_Fox
08-27-2007, 12:13 PM
The XM8 was scrapped well before lockdown was even made.

winning_formula
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TW_Night_Fox:
The XM8 was scrapped well before lockdown was even made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup he's right Thomas. Lockdown was released in September 2005. The Xm8 was suspended in July 2005.

lsr1981
08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThomasBisset:
I'm mildly surprised nobody has brought up GRAW though, which has the SA80, the XM8 (except the 360's GRAW 2) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GRAW and GRAW2 on the 360 do have the M8 in (X is dropped because by then the gun should have been implemented fully.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the regular G36 as well as the LMG version </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest the normal G36 is more than likely not in R6V as we have the Compact Carbine version, as far as the LMG version that is effect what the MG36 is, though I could be wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and I believe the HK416 if memory serves me correctly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The HK416 is not in GRAW2, at least it was not last time I looked.

I am sure there are many reasons why some guns make it and some don't. Though some more than others, especially as there is a picture of the development of R6V with a guy in a suit for mapping movements I assume holding a SA-80.

To be honest other than the SA-80 most of the weapon selection makes sense. It would have been nice to have seen this gun as it should have been accurate at range but with less recoil than say the G3KA4 and SCAR-H.

The lack of the M4/M16 I know gets a lot of people however these were set to be replaced by the SCAR anyway I think so if Vegas is set in the future (as in 2017) then the M4/M16 rifles will be getting phased out. At least this was the case at the time of game launch, however this year the trial between the M4, SCAR, HK416 and XM8 happened so who knows.

DrRustyTaco
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Good points well made. I stand corrected. I'm really surprised they scrapped it as early as 2005 - from what little I'd read I thought it was much more recent than that!

My point however was that if Ubisoft included certain weapons in GRAW(2), then they presumably paid for the license to use their likenesses. It's just a little curious how they did for one game and not for another, reasonably similar one.

Oh, and I'm not going to boot my Xbox back up but I swear that the M8 was not in GRAW 2 on the 360. I seem to remember a few threads on the GRAW forum re: 360 owners getting shafted because the PC version had the M8, while the 360 doesn't.

lsr1981
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, and I'm not going to boot my Xbox back up but I swear that the M8 was not in GRAW 2 on the 360. I seem to remember a few threads on the GRAW forum re: 360 owners getting shafted because the PC version had the M8, while the 360 doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just check and it is not there, I stand corrected and apologise. I honestly could have sworn I had used it, must have got cconfused with GRAW. Since R6V I don't really play GRAW that much and normally use the M468 SD if I do anyway.

mustanglover2
08-29-2007, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lsr1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThomasBisset:
I'm mildly surprised nobody has brought up GRAW though, which has the SA80, the XM8 (except the 360's GRAW 2) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GRAW and GRAW2 on the 360 do have the M8 in (X is dropped because by then the gun should have been implemented fully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The HK416 is in GRAW 2, but only on the computer version. A gun that needs to be on R6V is the F2000. a MODULAR gun that is supposed to replace guns like the SA80, the SA-80 is almost as old as the M-16, and would be phased out. However, the SA-80 and M4 would be a terrorist weapon because they would be army surpus, and sold for cheap.

mustanglover2
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
the only thing I actully wrote was about the 416, m-4 and SA-80 being terrorist weapons and the F 2000.

lsr1981
08-29-2007, 07:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mustanglover2:
the only thing I actully wrote was about the 416, m-4 and SA-80 being terrorist weapons and the F 2000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank god for that, I sat there reading the post thinking that it sounded familiar but it had somebody else's name, thought I had gone crazy for a moment.

F 2000 would be a good gun. With regards to the age of the SA-80. The SA-80 was developed in the 1980's, M16 has been aroung since the 1960's.

Mr.Hanky2005
08-29-2007, 07:26 PM
mustang, I tried to fix that post that was all messed up. Is the way I have it now how you wanted it?

DrRustyTaco
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Just so's you know's mustang, if you want to quote something, and then comment afterwards, it goes roughly like this:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
This is some quoted Text
This is NOT in the quote </pre>

That should then appear like this:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is some quoted Text </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is NOT in the quote
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> The '
' part goes at the start of
the text, and the ' has to go at the
end of that quoted text, then AFTER that you
can respond. It does make it much easier to
work out who said what, and what post you
refer to</pre>

winning_formula
08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
... or you can reply to the quoted message at the top of the post and then place the quoted message at the bottom of the post. Some people do It that way, don't know why.

DrRustyTaco
08-30-2007, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by winning_formula:
... or you can reply to the quoted message at the top of the post and then place the quoted message at the bottom of the post. Some people do It that way, don't know why. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because Microsoft wanted to be different when they made Outlook. Pretty well every email-client ever made before that quoted everything at the top and then followed on with the message.

http://catb.org/jargon/html/email-style.html