PDA

View Full Version : Do you think future Assassin's Creed games should have multiplayer features?

BeCk41
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I love playing multiplayer games, especially games that are already great. Take Red Dead Redemption for instance, that game is the best multiplayer game of the year, why? Because it offered you what no other game at the time did; the chance to do whatever you wanted in a game. Whether it be Free Roam, activities, or just hangin with other players. I think Assassin's Creed could still compete against this game because it too offers large maps and the ability to pick and choose what you want to do in this game instead of having a path you must follow first. Me and my friends LOVE role playing games and we were a little dissapointed in this game that there were not more options like they give you in Red Dead. I'm really trying not to compare the two games as they are very different in styling and softwares, but how can I not when I've seen such a more fantastic multiplayer option. I really thought that the Brotherhood game would be more of a tag-team where one person is the main character and another is like a helper or side kick. Kind of like in Fable 2 or 3. I really thought one of my friends could play Ezio and I could follow them as the courtesan or hellequin or any of the other multiplayer characters! I really just wish there would be more to the multiplayer than just running around killing a bunch of other players over and over like a repetitive match of some kind! Maybe have races against other people at the same time, or do assignments together. That's what I thought it would be more like instead of the fewer game options that I had. I'm not saying that ubisoft should get rid of manhunt, alliance, or any of the others, I just hope there are more options to the players than there is.I do think it was a good idea to customize all the characters and determine what each one should bring and look like. I guess If I want all this other stuff I should just stick to other games, but I can't help but think this game could have been much more greater with a wide map of rome than a timed match around a restricted area. I would love to hear about what you think about my ideas and voice your own opinion for why it's better the way it is. Thank You : ) be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/5087807008_3ac50e9147.jpg

BeCk41
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I love playing multiplayer games, especially games that are already great. Take Red Dead Redemption for instance, that game is the best multiplayer game of the year, why? Because it offered you what no other game at the time did; the chance to do whatever you wanted in a game. Whether it be Free Roam, activities, or just hangin with other players. I think Assassin's Creed could still compete against this game because it too offers large maps and the ability to pick and choose what you want to do in this game instead of having a path you must follow first. Me and my friends LOVE role playing games and we were a little dissapointed in this game that there were not more options like they give you in Red Dead. I'm really trying not to compare the two games as they are very different in styling and softwares, but how can I not when I've seen such a more fantastic multiplayer option. I really thought that the Brotherhood game would be more of a tag-team where one person is the main character and another is like a helper or side kick. Kind of like in Fable 2 or 3. I really thought one of my friends could play Ezio and I could follow them as the courtesan or hellequin or any of the other multiplayer characters! I really just wish there would be more to the multiplayer than just running around killing a bunch of other players over and over like a repetitive match of some kind! Maybe have races against other people at the same time, or do assignments together. That's what I thought it would be more like instead of the fewer game options that I had. I'm not saying that ubisoft should get rid of manhunt, alliance, or any of the others, I just hope there are more options to the players than there is.I do think it was a good idea to customize all the characters and determine what each one should bring and look like. I guess If I want all this other stuff I should just stick to other games, but I can't help but think this game could have been much more greater with a wide map of rome than a timed match around a restricted area. I would love to hear about what you think about my ideas and voice your own opinion for why it's better the way it is. Thank You : ) be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/5087807008_3ac50e9147.jpg

Serrachio
01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
I think what they should do is allow the player to migrate certain features to AC3, like their personas.

This gives Ubisoft more time to work mechanics and maps in, instead of re-designing a whole bunch of new characters.

Some improvements to the characters, a few new ones, some new assassination animations, but mainly they should spend their time making fixes, removing glitches and making interesting new maps.

MrJLBoyyy
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
The single player co-op wouldn't make sense because you're living the life of an ancestor. I guess they could network together, but they had to be working together in the past as well if they were in the animus without de-synching.

As for free roam, the activities and such might be a good idea, but Ubisoft could be working on something else instead *coughfixingbugsandglitchesuncough*

BeCk41
01-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I like that idea of moving characters to the next game just like you can in Mass Effect 2!!! But I've reached level 50 in Brotherhood and now I'm seriously bored with it! there needs to be more options in multiplayer!!! Can't stress that enough.

tastemyfreedom
01-02-2011, 10:26 PM
They definitely have to figure out a way to incorporate multiplayer into future AC games. I don't know how you would keep most of the characters. They are all part of this memory and sequence in time.

Has any info been released on whether or not the Level 50 cap will be lifted any time soon?

ajollydevil
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeCk41:
I like that idea of moving characters to the next game just like you can in Mass Effect 2!!! But I've reached level 50 in Brotherhood and now I'm seriously bored with it! there needs to be more options in multiplayer!!! Can't stress that enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Working on it. Animus update 2.0 is doing something about the level cap.

IzzQuad
01-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Yup, they need to keep this. It's one of the most entertaining multiplayer experiences I've had and has some great concepts that find strength in other games' weaknesses. It expands their market, gives the user the ability to play with friends, and lets them put in features that don't quite fit in the single player storyline for one reason or another.

They definitely need to slow the leveling next time though. I think they made the leveling quick because they weren't sure if it would take off or not. Now that they know its popular (even on other games' forums I hear nothing but high praise for it) they can expand it accordingly. Maybe add in something like the CoD prestige mode or something.

BeCk41
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I don't think you can go any higher rank wise, It's just like Bioshock 2 and Red Dead Redemption, where you get to the top ranking level and then your like now what? Guess I'll just quit, or play to beat the crap out of a lower ranked person. : )

FKNLunatick
01-03-2011, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Working on it. Animus update 2.0 is doing something about the level cap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is this specifically stated from Unisoft?

DarkxSniperx9
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSLunatick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Working on it. Animus update 2.0 is doing something about the level cap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is this specifically stated from Unisoft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Click here http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12...dlc-in-january-with/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/14/assassins-creed-brotherhood-adds-more-free-dlc-in-january-with/) And press the "PRESS RELEASE" button and then read away(;

RunnerGroucho
01-03-2011, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkxsniperx9:
Click here http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12...dlc-in-january-with/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/14/assassins-creed-brotherhood-adds-more-free-dlc-in-january-with/) And press the "PRESS RELEASE" button and then read away(; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There is no mention of the level cap in that press release.

BeCk41
01-04-2011, 06:06 AM
I think what might happen is that they'll add more modes and that will be that. I just wish they'd extend the Multiplayer maps a little larger. I keep going to that blue line and wanting to run further!

Agent_Auditore
01-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Well as Ubisoft themselves said, they worked hard on bringing the multiplayer aspect into the story, and what I can see happening in future games is a continuation of the story that we, as Templar training assassin's, build our skills and find new challenges and destiny's to fulfill.

Perhaps they can include the Assassin's themselves and you get to choose which side you are, and then the story takes off from there.

For the record, I am talking about the multiplayer aspect here in future games, not the single player mode.

obliviondoll
01-04-2011, 08:46 AM
They've mentioned "Templar Score", but they don't clearly define what that is.

I look forward to finding out.

rocketxsurgeon
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
I think templar score may be something including uplay. Eg: get to &lt;insert level here&gt; and choose a character to unlock/perk/ability/gear/colour.

That way ubi could add a lot of additional content when they want.

DannyStrong
01-04-2011, 08:58 AM
POTENTIAL HALF SPOILER BELOW. IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED SUBJECT 16'S PUZZLES YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP:

They said they didn't include co op this game because there was no logical way (in the game world) to justify allowing a co op. In the subject 16 video it looks like they're setting things up such that a 2 player co op would make sense in the game world in the next AC game.

Of course I've also see limitations on the game engine as a reason they kept co op missions out... Perhaps we just have to wait and see.

colan33
01-04-2011, 10:32 AM
NO!
If you have to play it just to get the platinum trophy!

YES!
If they skip the MP trophies OR bring in a 2nd platinum trophie for it.

Tanktric
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Capture the chest mode? Sounds like something I suggested early. I'm glad they thought of it, great minds think alike. I hope they introduce other game modes or take inspiration from some suggestions, I'd be proud if they did.

When coming up with the rest of the modes I thought of difficulty in developing in mind. All the modes already take functions from the Single Player game. Capture the chest, just like picking up an item and delivering it in Single player. The kill streak animus sessions where you can practice can be developed into a survival mode. They wouldn't have to start from scratch.. or so I would think so.

Here's a similiar thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...281005698#3281005698 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/3281005698?r=3281005698#3281005698)