PDA

View Full Version : ATI BUG with New 4.0 Clouds

C6_SoLiD
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

I got a problem with my ATI X800, it has problem with the new clouds of the 4.0 patch...
Only 20 fps with new clouds and more than 60 fps with old clouds..
I need to solve that because i like having more than 50 fps while flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Is this a driver problem ?

C6_SoLiD
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

I got a problem with my ATI X800, it has problem with the new clouds of the 4.0 patch...
I need to solve that because i like having more than 50 fps while flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Is this a driver problem ?

jagdmailer
06-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Mine works just fine.....4.0M with new clouds...Cat 5.5 with 9800Pro.

Jagd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C6_SoLiD:
Hi all,

Is this a driver problem ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kasdeya
06-10-2005, 01:55 PM
What the rest of you system like?

I have X800 with cat 5.6, frames drop but not too bad.

amd64 3k+
1 gb of 3200
X800Pro

frames dont drop lower than mid 40's. noticed the fires and smoke pillers from ground objects list cause slow down.

Willey
06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Got similar frame hits here... barton 2800, 1GB 333 and 9800/5.5, Perfect

taisto_s
06-10-2005, 02:22 PM
No massive framehits because of the new clouds, the big cities,trees,water combined seem to give me the same hit as always..Clouds work fine,never going under 30fps, and usually avr.50fps, and thats enough for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Game slows down a bit but the general view trough the cockpit looks so much more realistic, that -whatever fps, doesnt spoil my enjoyment a bit.

1600x1200 AA2 AF16 water=0
3500+ x800xtpe

Hunter82
06-10-2005, 05:32 PM
seems to happen on any system if large amounts of AA are used with overcast clouds. Usually it's more related to using more of the memory buffer due to AA when rendering large amounts of textures. Not an ATI issue....

VW-IceFire
06-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah I noticed quite a hit while using more AA...so I stayed at my usual 2x and thats just fine (I was testing higher levels).

My FPS hit is negligable and thats on a 9700Pro.

LeadSpitter_
06-10-2005, 09:00 PM
get the ati 5.6 drivers they are far better then the omega 5.5s.

|CoB|_Spectre
06-11-2005, 06:16 AM
I've got an older rig than most of you guys are running, but my 9700 Pro has kept the game very playable and I was pleasantly surprised to see the new clouds didn't force me to drop detail levels. That being said, the one unsat experience I had during online co-op play testing was on a Normandy map. Running AA at 2x and AF at 4x, framerates were all over the place jumping between 16 and 30 for me and a friend (he has a 9600 Pro). No such problems noted on any other maps. It didn't improve noticeably when I, as host, reduced detail settings. I might add that there were no enemy aircraft and very few dynamic ground objects (mud moving mission) and it didn't seem to matter if we were over water or land.

Grue_
06-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Do you run in perfect mode?

My graphics setting got changed from excellent to perfect when I installed 4.0m somehow.

I didn't notice at first because I was to busy gawping at the clouds to notice the ground.

|CoB|_Spectre
06-11-2005, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grue_:
Do you run in perfect mode?

My graphics setting got changed from excellent to perfect when I installed 4.0m somehow.

I didn't notice at first because I was to busy gawping at the clouds to notice the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I normally run in Perfect mode. I saw a difference in the clouds even before I added the line to my config file. The difference is the cumulous cloud bottoms all appear to be shaded gray, indicating shadow, rather than the unrealistic 360-degree uniform white we've had up 'til now. Also, the cloud bottoms are all flattened rather than rounded and they all seem to be at a common altitude, again, more realistic. When you consider the meteorlogical priniciples behind cloud formation, 1C added a much more realistic cloud, IMHO. The only thing I noticed that seemed a bit off is the "whispiness" of the cloud edges that normally would not be apparent until you were close to the cloud. This is probably a limitation of the graphic engine and isn't a make-or-break issue. The 4.0 clouds are definitely an improvement.

Beirut
06-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm getting good (enough) FPS wih the new clouds on perfect with my AMD64-300/512/9800Pro and I have the AA at 6X and the AF at 8X. My ATI drivers are at least three or four months old.

Mind you, I fly very lightly, not too many ground objects at this level and seldom more than a very few planes. I like to have the eye cancy maxed more than I enjoy a huge furball.