PDA

View Full Version : PS3 demo better then xbox360 demo version?

BMboy88
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey all
if you look at this video:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1you see a lot more then they show us in the xbox360 e3 demo.
obviously its the ps3 version since there's a square, circle, triangle and cross button. you also get to see the HUD and a lot more of the demo. also, after Altair killed the guy and begins to run, you see that the animation eyes a lot better etc. Jade also explains why the red flashing is, and if you look closely enough you see that when altair reaches a high point in the city (watchtower) his map gets updated (maybe because of the cut-scene wich makes the camera spin 360 degrees showing the environment?). also i came across a topic on this forum about the glitches in the demo. there was one guy talking about some windows wich dissapeared, then re-apeared en then again dissapeared, i think thats because that building is at the edge of your line of sight (popping in the distance ^OBLIVION ANYONE?^)
srry for my somewhat bad english

BMboy88
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey all
if you look at this video:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1you see a lot more then they show us in the xbox360 e3 demo.
obviously its the ps3 version since there's a square, circle, triangle and cross button. you also get to see the HUD and a lot more of the demo. also, after Altair killed the guy and begins to run, you see that the animation eyes a lot better etc. Jade also explains why the red flashing is, and if you look closely enough you see that when altair reaches a high point in the city (watchtower) his map gets updated (maybe because of the cut-scene wich makes the camera spin 360 degrees showing the environment?). also i came across a topic on this forum about the glitches in the demo. there was one guy talking about some windows wich dissapeared, then re-apeared en then again dissapeared, i think thats because that building is at the edge of your line of sight (popping in the distance ^OBLIVION ANYONE?^)
srry for my somewhat bad english

SmokehtheFirst
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Good work defending the game, I honestly think people are complaining too much about the tiniest details that I'd never had noticed.

BMboy88
07-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I have to agree with you, most of the guys posting now on the forum are all yust complaining about the little things in the game

Mulle_DK13
07-12-2007, 06:37 PM
It was me with the windows :P
Not complaining, just informing.
And no... It's outside the line of sight...

In that video I saw it too few meters from Altair, some shadows disappeared, and then reappeared.

But it looks AWESOME!!!! I hope they release a demo soon! They confirmed earlier that a demo would be out before the release date!

walktalk
07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Uhm, the link you provided does lead to an extended demo but if you payed attention to what Jade was saying, she said they cut the demo because of time issues, and it's VERY CLEAR that the demo featured in your link is from the 360; the man sitting next to Jade, who is playing the demo that is featured in the video is holding a Xbox 360 controller, and I actually don't know where you are seeing the x, triangle, and circle on the HUD. In the fighting sequence before Altair chases Talal, it is very clear that the button prompts on the HUD are x, a, b, and y.

So yeah.

davo81
07-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Woa the PS3 framerate is sooooo much higher than the 360 demo i saw yesterday it's like 2x faster...and the interiors are brighter...seems like all ports on the PS3 are brighter...not sure why...but it seems alot better gameplay and the HUD is finished up alot more...more like Alpha version...mabye?

chewie1890
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Umm, guys I'm pretty sure they were both on the Xbox 360...

deskpe
07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
the gamespot vid just has a worse quality i think! i dont thin i've seen a ps3 demo yet =/

davo81
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh it was just bad quality and it was on the 360....lol...v bad quality...jade still looks good tho.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DeAdLy2323
07-12-2007, 07:45 PM
davo, someone just said it was on the 360 but you still thought it was on the ps3? and with better framerate? mind over matter ftw!!!!!!

bet $10 you own a ps3 too

davo81
07-12-2007, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
davo, someone just said it was on the 360 but you still thought it was on the ps3? and with better framerate? mind over matter ftw!!!!!!

bet $10 you own a ps3 too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No i dont own any next-gen consoles i perfer a powerful PC FTW! And the framerate was only higher then because in the video when they record a movie it slows the framrate down to hell..

walktalk
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
i agree jade is definitely a babe!

haha i wanted to tell her that via the questioning thing with that women on gamespot, but i couldnt figure out where i would send my question to them. oh well. D';

DBlain2009
07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Ok if it was being played on ps3 why is the guy playing holding an xbox controller?

BMboy88
07-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Okay maybe i made a mistake and the demo isn't the ps3 version. i only thought that it was, because in the upper right corner, when altair can interact with something or someone there appear playstation controller pics like the cross, square etc. i'll watch it again.....

BMboy88
07-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Hell, i have to be ashamed. i made a BIG mistake it isn't the version of the PS3 you guys where right the buttons ARE A X B Y srry....

TheTrojanPig
07-13-2007, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SmokehtheFirst:
Good work defending the game, I honestly think people are complaining too much about the tiniest details that I'd never had noticed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its the small details that can make it even better than it will be!

katz_bg
07-13-2007, 03:37 AM
I'm about 12 minutes away from completing the download of that demo in HD (from gametrailers), so I can't pass judgment, but don't you think that for the 10 months of developments it's natural to be somewhat different than the onstage demo in X06 in september?
I'm not the one to defend the 360 (actually I'm a PS fan), but I think it's an unfair comparison between a 10 month development period.

The_Sphinx
07-13-2007, 03:46 AM
This is weird. It's obvious Pascalle is holding the white bearclaw sized 360 controller at the beginning of the video.

Edit: and you can very clearly tell from the hud it says A, B and X.. So it's the 360 version, guys..

T_Spoon_UK
07-13-2007, 04:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adnocana:
This is weird. It's obvious Pascalle is holding the white bearclaw sized 360 controller at the beginning of the video.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. They're not that big http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Cant wait for the game though. I hope a demo is released before the game comes out. i need my fix of assassins creed XD

Jack_Vykios
07-13-2007, 05:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adnocana:

Edit: and you can very clearly tell from the hud it says A, B and X.. So it's the 360 version, guys.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HA! Bear claw. That's funny, seeing how it's barely any bigger than the PS3 one. Interestingly, it's 200% more comfortable than it.

Okay, so it's a 360 demo? Well, then it doesn't bother me that Gamespot won't let me view the video.

Karl_93
07-13-2007, 08:01 AM
hey davo!! welcome to the bunny club!!