PDA

View Full Version : AC Makes me Want to Kill Everyone

tjbyrum1
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
What's up guys? Yeah, just got done beating Brotherhood again, I killed tons of people in it.

Yeah, I think I might ride down the road with a knife and slaughter a whole family; or hell I might even use this pistol I got on my wrist - who knows I still got this poison on my belt. Because that's what games do right? You play them, they inspire you to kill people and you do it right? That's why you play it right? To get inspiration to commit crimes right?

[/sarcasm]

Does anyone here at all get what I am saying? Has no one else here been told that Video Gaming makes you a criminal?

tjbyrum1
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
What's up guys? Yeah, just got done beating Brotherhood again, I killed tons of people in it.

Yeah, I think I might ride down the road with a knife and slaughter a whole family; or hell I might even use this pistol I got on my wrist - who knows I still got this poison on my belt. Because that's what games do right? You play them, they inspire you to kill people and you do it right? That's why you play it right? To get inspiration to commit crimes right?

[/sarcasm]

Does anyone here at all get what I am saying? Has no one else here been told that Video Gaming makes you a criminal?

itsamea-mario
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah sure go ahead, knock yourself out.

tjbyrum1
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Fun fact: Grand Theft Auto makes me steal cars.

MrJLBoyyy
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
You mean I'm NOT supposed to quick-scope people off the high road?

Don't worry, I don't play Call of Duty that much anymore... ever...

elvindrummer
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
someone the other day in my english class said "video games and action movies make you not be able to feel sadness or sympathy." I was like what?!

there are some nutjobs out there that prob shouldn't play video games but w/e rediculous statements should not be made lol

MagicalZero ko
04-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I remember when these guys went to our school in the gym,he said he was a therapist for criminals I think.(was like 2 years ago)He told us that when he was talking with this one criminal he asked him,"Why did you do it?"The Criminal said that he was playing GTA one day and said "I wanna try this on the streets!"And that he got a notebook,and for every crime he did he wrote it down and got points ex:steal a car 300P,run over someone 500P,and kill someone 1000P.Mainly it was about how video game violence is bad and you shouldn't try any of the stuff in video games in real life.

persiateddy95
04-04-2011, 06:49 PM
If you try to do things from video games in real life then you have to get yourself treated.

Serrachio
04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elvindrummer:
someone the other day in my english class said "video games and action movies make you not be able to feel sadness or sympathy." I was like what?!

there are some nutjobs out there that prob shouldn't play video games but w/e rediculous statements should not be made lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you don't.

That's because video games and action movies are too awesome, why would you ever want to feel sad?

*Not serious btw.*

monkeyuncle8
04-04-2011, 07:53 PM
yes I recreate everything I see, so when there is a rape homicide on the news, I know I am having a fun afternoon

also you know video game sales have been up in the last 20, but crime rates have gone down, strange

there are a lot of court cases that blame video games, but most of them take back those claims becuase they are just trying to get a break

also video games is kinda the occams razor of reasons for crime. What I mean is that everyone plays video games, people commit crimes, video games must be the problem, totally wrong logic

Serrachio
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
(Warning: post contains a high amount of opinion)

To be quite honest, all the government wants to do is have something to pin crime on, so that they can come up with useless laws in vain attempts to make themselves look good.

In the case of video games = crime, the government wants to pin it on the industry, instead of the idiocy of a select few people who haven't learned that there should be no link between reality and fantasy.

With these aims, the government wants someone to blame, but won't point their fingers at irresponsible parents who buy mature-rated games and then don't go on to monitor their child, should they allow them to play them.

They only do this because if they did call out the proper responsible party, they'll receive less money and/or votes.

This is my opinion though, so feel free to disagree with me, but to be quite fair, I'd rather you wouldn't put effort into trying to prove me wrong, instead just settling that we have different views.

I'd rather not be the instigator of a debate.