PDA

View Full Version : Why do Pacific Fighters UPDATE show Western European Objects only?

Charlie901
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I saw the PF UPADATE and got excited expecting some additional battleships or "PACIFIC" type objects. I guess PF is dead from a continued development standpoint. What a shame!

PF really needs some "Development" to make it a Pacific Theater sim!

Charlie901
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I saw the PF UPADATE and got excited expecting some additional battleships or "PACIFIC" type objects. I guess PF is dead from a continued development standpoint. What a shame!

PF really needs some "Development" to make it a Pacific Theater sim!

Giganoni
03-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Check this link right here
http://www.pacific-fighters.com/ss/ground_object_010.jpg

You'll notice the Type 91 10cm howitzer (motorized version) and the Type 38 (possibly improved) 75mm field gun used by the Imperial Japanese Army. The machine gun is possibly also for the IJA. Then there is the bus and seebee bulldozer as well. The update was focusing on ground objects.

Type 91
http://www3.plala.or.jp/takihome/91-10.htm

Type 38
http://www3.plala.or.jp/takihome/38-75.htm

Since the Japanese had no artillery in the game (just the at gun) this clearly fills a void in pf mission making.

ImpStarDuece
03-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Sasquon has already noted that all the objects were made by members of the community for free, some bwefore PF came out, and supplied to 1C for implementation.

What we have here is a situation where individuals who are interested in the game devote their time and talent into getting more stuff into the game. Apart from physically implementing them into the game they take no time away from development for PF.

AS PF is the endpoint of a serise of sims what is occuring is that we have transitional material from ACEs and FB still showing up now. Its not 1C's fault that people dont want to model pacific theater stuff. There are guys out there like Zneg who are doing great stuff (such as making more cockpits) but this stuff takes time.
I think the update is one way of saying "thank you" to the people who put in the effort to build and supply models to Maddox Games. There is still mountains of content out there for PF, you all just need a little patientence and to understand that PF is really part of a larger community that are not solely interested in the Pacific Theater

VW-IceFire
03-20-2005, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlie901:

PF really needs some "Development" to make it a Pacific Theater sim! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Many of the updates coming are third party works that have, in some cases, been in development for a year or more before PF was even announced. They are finally finished and now available.

I agree that we need more Pacific stuff...but it depends whats in the pipeline.