PDA

View Full Version : Original X-52 (not Pro). Has anyone ever replaced the spring on one?

Mysticpuma2003
08-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I've bought a new stick, so I can experiment on my old X-52.

I have the latest firmware, so the deadzone wasn't an issue, and I also used the spring fix to compress the spring and make it tighter.

Now, going one step further, has anyone ever replaced the spring on the X-52 or does anyone know of someone who can do it?

If I can make it approx. 4x stiffer than it is at the moment, I think that would be about the correct amount to make it way better than it is now!

So has anyone got a stick with a replaced spring, or has anyone seen a website describing how to do it?

Cheers, MP.

Mysticpuma2003
08-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I've bought a new stick, so I can experiment on my old X-52.

I have the latest firmware, so the deadzone wasn't an issue, and I also used the spring fix to compress the spring and make it tighter.

Now, going one step further, has anyone ever replaced the spring on the X-52 or does anyone know of someone who can do it?

If I can make it approx. 4x stiffer than it is at the moment, I think that would be about the correct amount to make it way better than it is now!

So has anyone got a stick with a replaced spring, or has anyone seen a website describing how to do it?

Cheers, MP.

p-11.cAce
08-15-2007, 08:44 AM
I just used the plastic washer fix (probably what you did) to tighten it up - I'd like to hear what other mods have been tried. In my dream pit I'd like to have a RL length stick mounted to the floor operating a hidden joystick via a linkage, with springs and cables attached at one end to the stick and the other to a stepper motor and rack driven by devicelink info to increase and decrease resistance with airspeed. Maybe pneumatic cylinders would offer better resistance - increasing pressure with airspeed to make the stick harder to move. You might even get RL stick pressures if it was constructed properly.

Mysticpuma2003
08-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Yes I did the washer too!

But for this thread, just replacing with a stronger spring will do.

Cheers, MP.

mynameisroland
08-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Mystic I dont know about removing the existing spring but I have added another spring ala X-52 Pro to my Saitek Cyborg JoyStick.

I dismantled my old ST50 and took its spring and opened up the Cyborg and threaded the spring over the wiring of the stick and it sits nicely inside the diameter of the existing spring and had the same height.

There is no travel on the stick anymore it is much stiffer and it feels like I am flying heavy metal planes not light kites like before.

One thing to watch is the screws saitek use damage really easily so be gentle when opening them up. The screws CH use are so hard they damage your screwdriver lol.