PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Do you like the modern day/Sci-fi portion of the story?



GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Okay. There is a lot of debate the people don't "like" the modern day and the Sci-fi portion of Assassins Creed. That being said I want to take this poll to SEE what the majority is.

xx-pyro
10-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I enjoy it, I wouldn't say ít's the best part of the story because you can't have an Assassin's Creed game without both the historical setting and the modern arc that resonates throughout each game.

I wish they would slightly expand modern world gameplay yo include a few sequences, which they have done in Revelations so I have nothing to complain about.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 03:36 PM
It's the part that makes the story whole. Without it it wouldn't be AC, it would just be a bunch of random stories.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
I enjoy it, I wouldn't say ít's the best part of the story because you can't have an Assassin's Creed game without both the historical setting and the modern arc that resonates throughout each game.

I wish they would slightly expand modern world gameplay yo include a few sequences, which they have done in Revelations so I have nothing to complain about.

Story-wise, I prefer the modern day. I really love the historical background though. And yes, I think it is awesome that they are giving actual SEQUENCES of Desmond's past. That should make for nice gameplay. =)


Originally posted by LightRey:
It's the part that makes the story whole. Without it it wouldn't be AC, it would just be a bunch of random stories.

Yep. I agree.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Can you rewrite the 4th and 5th options so they sound less the same?

Maybe this:

4. Not really, it's boring and doesn't do much for the story.
5. No! It's the worst part of the story!

More like the first 2 options. And the 3rd option should sound more neutral, like just: It could be improved upon, but it's interesting.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Can you rewrite the 4th and 5th options so they sound less the same?

Maybe this:

4. Not really, it's boring and doesn't do much for the story.
5. No! It's the worst part of the story!

More like the first 2 options. And the 3rd option should sound more neutral, like just: It could be improved upon, but it's interesting.

Done. Just resubmit your votes to the poll. =)

kriegerdesgottes
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
It bothered me at first when the first game came out but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't particularly look forward to those portions of the game but they are necessary and I think they add interest to the overall story.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Lol, dennis forgot to revote.

Azugo
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes! Sci-fi, history and conspiracy are my three favourite genres, and I guess that's one of the reasons I love AC so much.

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Yes! Sci-fi, history and conspiracy are my three favourite genres, and I guess that's one of the reasons I love AC so much.

Mine are Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Mythology.

TBH, Assassin's Creed is PERFECT for that. It has all three genres, including History (my 2nd favorite class at school), Action, and Adventure. And I love pretty much all game genres, so :P

kudos17
10-20-2011, 06:08 PM
I was gonna vote to say that the modern/sci-fi section is my favorite part, but honestly I think the whole Assassins vs Templars with TWCB on the side is the most intriguing to me, despite what age that takes place in.

Other than that, I feel I care more about Desmond and his story than I ever have or will about Ezio's. Which is odd, considering how much time I've spent with his character.

Hell, I care more about Altair, and he had the personality of a brick. There's just something about Ezio that doesn't connect with me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I dare to analyze myself and say it's because he has too much of a personality, whereas I myself have more in common with Desmond/Altair.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
It bothered me at first when the first game came out but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't particularly look forward to those portions of the game but they are necessary and I think they add interest to the overall story.

You are awesome for actually having an open mind. I remember when I first met you, you were like dennis.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by kudos17:
I was gonna vote to say that the modern/sci-fi section is my favorite part, but honestly I think the whole Assassins vs Templars with TWCB on the side is the most intriguing to me, despite what age that takes place in.

Other than that, I feel I care more about Desmond and his story than I ever have or will about Ezio's. Which is odd, considering how much time I've spent with his character.

Hell, I care more about Altair, and he had the personality of a brick. There's just something about Ezio that doesn't connect with me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I dare to analyze myself and say it's because he has too much of a personality, whereas I myself have more in common with Desmond/Altair.

I think Revelations will really change people's minds about Desmond. There is going to be a good chunk of game-play as him, seeing that achievement list that was leaked.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
@Guy above me, its always "leaked",

The sci-fi story is pretty good but it can use some more story into it.

GeneralTrumbo
10-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
@Guy above me, its always "leaked",

The sci-fi story is pretty good but it can use some more story into it.

Yes. It could do with some tweaking. But, the story is still pretty amazing.

AntiChrist7
10-21-2011, 04:52 AM
ubisoft go thorugh a lot of effort to implement it in the history of the world (like the assassionation of kennedy, WWII, Tunguska, etc..) I think they done a great job

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
@Guy above me, its always "leaked",

The sci-fi story is pretty good but it can use some more story into it.

Yes. It could do with some tweaking. But, the story is still pretty amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed it is, but sometimes it interrupts me when i'm really into the game and ticks me off.

LightRey
10-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Wow, look at the number of people that have voted. I guess that (assuming our forum is a (relatively) unbiased sample) this is overwhelming evidence that indeed most fans like the modern day and scifi stuff.

hrhtom
10-21-2011, 07:50 AM
it is very intresting of all the 62 people that have voted

have either voted they love it or don't mind

no votes for its the worst bit of assassins creed

it is very intriguing that revelations is all but set in the past

LightRey
10-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Lol, it kinda looks like a gaussian distribution (+10 points if you know what that means).

dave93vert
10-21-2011, 08:18 AM
by modern day i suppose u mean the current state of humans' overall worldy capacities. well if u pay attention to the truth video, we are most likely living currently in a historic state as opposed to the technology that was around in atlantean or Minerva alien-people times (adam/eve). but it is closer to that technological era when compared to ezio/altairs generation.
so actually the adam/eve portion is sci-fi as well.
(knock yourselfs out disputing this one) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
10-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by dave93vert:
by modern day i suppose u mean the current state of humans' overall worldy capacities. well if u pay attention to the truth video, we are most likely living currently in a historic state as opposed to the technology that was around in atlantean or Minerva alien-people times (adam/eve). but it is closer to that technological era when compared to ezio/altairs generation.
so actually the adam/eve portion is sci-fi as well.
(knock yourselfs out disputing this one) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
It's simply referring to all Desmond, S16 and TWCB related sections of the games.

GeneralTrumbo
10-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Its pretty obvious people love this element of the series...I mean just look at how many people voted that they don't mind and above...

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by dave93vert:
by modern day i suppose u mean the current state of humans' overall worldy capacities. well if u pay attention to the truth video, we are most likely living currently in a historic state as opposed to the technology that was around in atlantean or Minerva alien-people times (adam/eve). but it is closer to that technological era when compared to ezio/altairs generation.
so actually the adam/eve portion is sci-fi as well.
(knock yourselfs out disputing this one) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Err.. you realize that EVERYONE agrees with what you just said right? It's not everything that you say that people disagree with, just your theory about the apple and eve and the mountain in the background.

dave93vert
10-21-2011, 10:44 AM
huh?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

my theory? disagree? jex, cmon man. this aint the thread for that son. that last post u made shoulda been a PM, no?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Don't call me son please, we're equals on this forum.

And I was just telling you that no one was gonna try to 'dispute' what you said about the First Civilization being more advanced than the modern one, because that's generally accepted, unlike your theory.

You were the one that inadvertently brought it up when you mentioned 'disputing' what you said, as you were alluding to you thinking that people followed you around to dispute whatever you say, which you first mentioned in the topic of which your theory is posted.

dave93vert
10-21-2011, 11:11 AM
i forgot to vote, so i added my vote. kool feature by the way.

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 11:15 AM
If i like the modern day/Sci-fi portion of the story?

OMG, i love it! AC is my bible!

LordWolv
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
In the first play though of AC, ACII and ACB I definitely found the Desmond bits interesting and necessary. But occasionally when a really good part of the Altair/Ezio is cut off for Desmond I'd feel impatient. When I played through the games again, though, every time I went back to Desmond I'd role my eyes and say 'Not again'.

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
In the first play though of AC, ACII and ACB I definitely found the Desmond bits interesting and necessary. But occasionally when a really good part of the Altair/Ezio is cut off for Desmond I'd feel impatient. When I played through the games again, though, every time I went back to Desmond I'd role my eyes and say 'Not again'.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I really like Desmond's parts!
They are very misterious, btw why you get upset on ACB when Desmond appears? In that game the only part that matters the most are the desmonds parts...
And in AC2 you barely see him... O.O

PS: you dont need to reply, i respect your opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LordWolv
10-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I also found them exciting.. but not as exciting as the Altair/Ezio bits. I just love it so much, and makes it my favourite gaming series. But listen - when Desmond starts assassinating and fighting, THEN I will get excited. The only thing we've done with Desmond so far is go to bed and jump around alot.

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
I also found them exciting.. but not as exciting as the Altair/Ezio bits. I just love it so much, and makes it my favourite gaming series. But listen - when Desmond starts assassinating and fighting, THEN I will get excited. The only thing we've done with Desmond so far is go to bed and jump around alot.

I don't think we'll have the oportunity to do this as Desmond, at least not in the same proportion we do as Altair/Ezio, but some key assassinations in the future (Vidic for example) and be able to free roam in a modern city (not an entire city, maybe part of it) to complete these missions would be really cool, imagine Desmond with the clothes he's wearing now but with his hood up, walking in a street crowded with people and going to an Abstergo facility to kill a templar... *___*

Silvermoth
10-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I love the sci-fi modern day part of Assassin's Creed. It gives it such a mystery and helps move the story along.

crash3
10-22-2011, 05:35 AM
the 2012 story is really good, but has the potential to be much better, i was particularly disappointed with ACB when it was said you could leave the animus at any time but there was very little to actually do, sometimes it's easy to forget about the 2012 story because the vast majority of the game is spent reliving the memories in the animus.

I think AC1 had the right idea where you were taken out of the animus on purpose at regular intervals

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
the 2012 story is really good, but has the potential to be much better, i was particularly disappointed with ACB when it was said you could leave the animus at any time but there was very little to actually do, sometimes it's easy to forget about the 2012 story because the vast majority of the game is spent reliving the memories in the animus.

I think AC1 had the right idea where you were taken out of the animus on purpose at regular intervals

err.. you could still talk to Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca outside of the Animus when you got out. You knew there was more stuff to do outside of the Animus when there was an exclamation point on the Exit Animus option.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
the 2012 story is really good, but has the potential to be much better, i was particularly disappointed with ACB when it was said you could leave the animus at any time but there was very little to actually do, sometimes it's easy to forget about the 2012 story because the vast majority of the game is spent reliving the memories in the animus.

I think AC1 had the right idea where you were taken out of the animus on purpose at regular intervals

err.. you could still talk to Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca outside of the Animus when you got out. You knew there was more stuff to do outside of the Animus when there was an exclamation point on the Exit Animus option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the exclamation point actually signified that there were new emails, which usually, but not always, meant that there were also new conversations to be triggered with the rest of the team.

Chronomancy
10-22-2011, 07:57 AM
It's hard to say as we haven't really experienced many modern events.

ShaneO7K
10-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

Well the exclamation point actually signified that there were new emails, which usually, but not always, meant that there were also new conversations to be triggered with the rest of the team.

Yeah but I even found the e-mails to be very interesting sometimes though which was always a good thing.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 08:01 AM
the willian m emails where the most intresting

i guess in revelations we will find out the secret behind those

LightRey
10-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Well the exclamation point actually signified that there were new emails, which usually, but not always, meant that there were also new conversations to be triggered with the rest of the team.

Yeah but I even found the e-mails to be very interesting sometimes though which was always a good thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definitely. I'm still wondering why there isn't a trace of one email Lucy sent to William, which he responded to (the at least one of the others was a response to a message left in his voice mail, but the one I'm referring to has a reference to an email Lucy supposedly sent).