PDA

View Full Version : The obligatory cop-out

afrolarry
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
What do you think will be the dev's excuse for taking away all our weapons and money and gadgets this game? I'm not complaining, i can see why going in with >1000000 f (damn i love the villa) and god-like armor would be cheap, i just wanna know how you guys think it will happen.

afrolarry
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
What do you think will be the dev's excuse for taking away all our weapons and money and gadgets this game? I'm not complaining, i can see why going in with >1000000 f (damn i love the villa) and god-like armor would be cheap, i just wanna know how you guys think it will happen.

JAHman28
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd just say with Monteriggioni you lose everything but the hidden blade

Deathgrim666
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
mmmh let me guess.....maybe a villa attack where u lose everything.

Thoughts?

MT4K
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
mmmh let me guess.....maybe a villa attack where u lose everything.

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would never happen, so unrealistic, who would be crazy enough to attack the home of a master assassin like Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

afrolarry
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
so the templars steal all your stuff, including the physics defying coin pouch and the value of your city? actually thats pretty likely.
they could steal everything, place it in their towers, and then when you burn them down the townspeople pick them up and sell them in their shops

Account_Deleted
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
you get raided un expectedly or you have a spies in your mist that working for borgia
so you loose all your wepaons in the raid/attack

DBTIGER26
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I think the better question would be how you get the armor of altair back!!

LaCava1
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DBTIGER26:
I think the better question would be how you get the armor of altair back!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't get it back, unless it's a uplay award or DLC this time around...

DBTIGER26
10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DBTIGER26:
I think the better question would be how you get the armor of altair back!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't get it back, unless it's a uplay award or DLC this time around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why is ezio seen wearing it in one of the story videos? I can see it being a uplay unlock I guess.

afrolarry
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
but i wonder if you start off the game with all your skills and maybe the gun and poison

SupraCat
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
You don't get it back, unless it's a uplay award or DLC this time around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why is ezio seen wearing it in one of the story videos? I can see it being a uplay unlock I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's in the first part of the game before it gets destroyed.

MT4K
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM

So why is ezio seen wearing it in one of the story videos? I can see it being a uplay unlock I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

edit: ninja'd by supracat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (or should i say assassinated by supracat to be more fitting? lol)

acb begins right where ac2 finished, but acb also assumes you 100% ac2, hence why you see Altair armour in some videos for acb (at least this is the general accepted theory at present since no real information about the armour in the later stages of the game have to my knowledge been revealed)

DBTIGER26
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupraCat:

That's in the first part of the game before it gets destroyed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw it in a fight sequence in rome though. I'll go back and check but i'm pretty sure it wasn't the start of the game. Like I said before though it could be uplay unlock. That's my guess.

DBTIGER26
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by afrolarry:
but i wonder if you start off the game with all your skills and maybe the gun and poison </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would be cool if we got these perks from the start.

jimbo11235813
10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I saw it in a fight sequence in rome though. I'll go back and check but i'm pretty sure it wasn't the start of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, the fight may have been in Rome, but if I'm thinking of the same fight, its the one that probably occurs when you try to escape the Vatican after you speak to Minerva. I assume that Mario went with you to Rome and helps with your escape.

The fight I'm thinking of is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbwgvv0Ermo&feature=related) at about 1:38. It looks like its in Rome, but Mario is fighting with you (hence my assumption about him going to Rome with you in AC2).

Anyway, I think a siege on your Villa pretty much explains Ezio's gadgetry (even his second hidden blade) and weaponry being removed from the start of the game. Its no fun being a gadget-addict-assassin from the start to end with little rewards through the game. Even his invincible armour could be buried under the rubble, and I doubt it would resist pressure from tons of wood and rock.

Oatkeeper
10-25-2010, 03:47 PM

that took place befor the villa attack,

someone on a game news site who played the recent early access version mentioned that the cannon ball that initially breaks into the villa during the siege also lands and destroys Altiar's armor and most of your gear.

AnthonyA85
10-25-2010, 08:29 PM
The only thing Ezio has when he jumps out of his room and goes to fight off the Borgia are his Hidden blades (both of them i think), his gun, and MAYBE Altair's sword, we know for definate he has A sword, but i'm thinking he might have Altair's, but i guess that wouldn't make sense in some respect. Why loose the most powerful armor in the game, yet be allowed to keep the most powerful melee weapon, so we could end up loosing that too.

Caligula__
10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Basically:

[SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">When the game starts (end of AC2, exiting the Vault) Ezio has heaps of health and he and Mario have to fight their way out of the Vatican and then they go back to the Villa, Machiavelli goes back to Rome to kill Rodrigo since he doesn't think Rodrigo should live, he's too dangerous

The Villa gets attacked by Cesare and Co. and Mario dies, as he dies Ezio also gets shot

Not sure what happens here but apparently Ezio wakes up in a doctors office and is told he hasn't fully recovered but he doesn't care and sets off for Rome...

So he has really low health, has lost everything he owns and we've gotta reunite Rome, kill Cesare, all his generals and the entire Papal army... BRING IT ON!</span>

[SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

extrememuffin
10-26-2010, 09:03 AM
[SPOILER]
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I just thought of this but what if Machiavelli is a spie for the borgia. its kind of convienint that he leaves right before the attack comes. he also isnt to pleased to see Ezio in Rome later.</span>

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">it would suck if he is but its always a possibility</span>