PDA

View Full Version : Help about the Fw Ta 152

SergioRoadster
07-04-2007, 05:06 PM
SInce a kid I always liked the Ta 152, I always saw it as a porsche of the WWII, pretty and with a powerfull engine, so I thought that thing would fly like hell compared with other fighters, but... I don't know if it's of my joystick or something but I have speed problems with the Ta 152, even with the mw-50 on and full throttle can't even get to 500 km hour flying leveled. I think I have trim problems or something about the joystick, usually on flight the planes have a tendency to roll left and the rudder goes on left too, the trim buttons don't seem to have a great efect on correcting that. But with the Ta it is much worst, I have to almoast "fight" it so it won't roll left, rudder to the right so it flight straight and with this plane the trimming really doesn't have any effect. Could it be the speed problems is due to that?

SergioRoadster
07-04-2007, 05:06 PM
SInce a kid I always liked the Ta 152, I always saw it as a porsche of the WWII, pretty and with a powerfull engine, so I thought that thing would fly like hell compared with other fighters, but... I don't know if it's of my joystick or something but I have speed problems with the Ta 152, even with the mw-50 on and full throttle can't even get to 500 km hour flying leveled. I think I have trim problems or something about the joystick, usually on flight the planes have a tendency to roll left and the rudder goes on left too, the trim buttons don't seem to have a great efect on correcting that. But with the Ta it is much worst, I have to almoast "fight" it so it won't roll left, rudder to the right so it flight straight and with this plane the trimming really doesn't have any effect. Could it be the speed problems is due to that?

neural_dream
07-04-2007, 05:09 PM
what altitude is this 500km/h you refer to? I smell TAS/IAS thing. Is the speed 500km/h when you ctrl-f1 too?

berg417448
07-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Many aircraft did not have pilot adjustable rudder or aileron trim. The tabs were adjusted on the ground so that the planes flew in trim at normal cruise speed. Neither the Me-109 nor the Fw-190 had pilot adjustable rudder trim so the Ta-152 is probably the same.

Scorpion.233
07-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Get rid of the full tank, the thing carries a LOT of fuel. Put the gas level at 50 or 25% and it'll all be fine.

SergioRoadster
07-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Neural, low altitude about 500 meters.
At about 4000 meters in that Ta 152c single mission is even worse, after atacking one of the behind bomber squadrons I can only catch the next ones if their are very close, at full throttle and mw50 only go to 400/420km.
Crl-F1? I've changed my keys configuration, you mean auto-pilot? He also can't seem to get much velocity also, even dought in a long leveled turn he managed to keep 450km /h with throttle at about 50%, but he also drops the same velocity as I when climbing with full throttle.
Scorpion all this was done again just like you said it, 50% fuel and I didn't carried the default rockets of the mission. Full or 50% tank, rockets or no rockets the velocity and handling was the same, even the take-off was hard as the same, it only goes airbone at about 220 km and hardly, always seems as if can't get enought speed and it's gonna crash.
Berg? THe Me-109 doesn't have trim? So there is really something about my joystick. in the 109 isn't as bad as with the Ta, but it also wants to rool left and the rudder won't fly straight.

berg417448
07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with your stick. The aircraft doesn't have pilot adjustable rudder trim so you need to counteract the effect of torque with rudder and aileron input.

The comment about Ctrl-F1 refers to the view. If you toggle to the view with the "comic book" looking gauges on the screen they will show you true airspeed rather than indicated airspeed.

tigertalon
07-04-2007, 07:42 PM
In order to be able to switch to no-cockpit view by Ctrl-F1, you have to untick the "cockpit always on" option in the settings.

VW-IceFire
07-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Sergio: I take it your reading the speed from in the cockpit or on the speed bar at the bottom left of the screen? Those speeds are in IAS (or indicated air speed) which means how fast the air is moving outside the plane. This is important for things like stalls but not for determining how fast you're going with relation to the ground beneath you.

If you're doing 450kph at 5000 or 6000 meters you've probably doing something like 650kph in actual speed. If you use the virtual cockpit Ctrl F1 you can see your TAS (or true air speed) to see how fast you're actually going. At 0 meters it makes no difference but by 10,000 meters the difference is extreme.

DKoor
07-04-2007, 08:51 PM
TA-152 is extremely fast ac... above 8,000m it's the fastest ac in the game iirc.
It sure handles nice, and you can feel excess power..........

MG151/20+Mk108 is deadly combo and pretty much spot on for that ac......... that's the Kurt Tank's best, if you ask me. D9 is also excellent but TA-152 is one step forward in Wulfs evolution IMHO.

BTW notice that you have two boost systems MW50 and GM-1 (high altitude boost). Check ac manual for more details...........also I don't suggest that you engage WEP at more than 2,000 engine rpm..........

It also inherited that nice diving char from its ancestors - VVS is in big trouble once when 152s are around........ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SergioRoadster
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Ah... thanks you guys for clearing that TAS(true air speed) and IAS(Indicated air speed) the tipical that appears in the corner and in the velocimeter.

VW Ice yes, the difference between TAS and IAS is about 100Km /h but unlike Dkoor said:
"TA-152 is extremely fast ac... above 8,000m it's the fastest ac in the game iirc.
It sure handles nice, and you can feel excess power.........."

I shure don't feel excess power, and the handlig is bad, turning at 350km /h at about 1.000 meters it will stall, and I've done a comparision with a ME 109 G:
My Ta 152 C at 4000 meters won't go more then 400KM/h (TAS 530Km/h) with 100% throttle. With full throttle and MW50 it will speed a little more but then I have to stop that because of overheating.
With a Me 109-G I climb to the 4.000 meters faster and at 100% throttle managed to keep 420kmp/h IAS.
Something shure is wrong.

DKoor, yes, I checked the manual out first, that GM boost is for 8 or 9.000 meters up, and the Mw50 only seems to work at full throttle.

Berg, contrary to what you wrote I think there is a problem with the configuration of my joystick, went to the PAcif Fighters manual and put a configuration of the pitch/rool/yaw they recomend in case of problems and the handlig is better, not perfect, the plane still wants to fall to the left, but much better that before when if I released the stick it would just roll.

HuninMunin
07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Your observation is correct and so is the ingame relation between the two.
The 109 should be a better climber and better turner.
Dont forgett that the Ta is one massive beast - it's not build for crass angles.
It's a superior multyrole fighter ( maybe the best of the second world war ) and the game reflects that to some degree.
It is because of the unrealistic tactical situations you find ingame that it doesn't shine.
Don't expect it to outturn opponents, but expect it to be the weapon of choice for team and energy tactics.

Imagine it like lance ( one doom-dealing hit with brutal force, enough to whipe any other plane in one pass ) were the 109 is like a sword
( you have to go into a close fight to really make use of it's strengths ).

Stay fast and stay high - the Ta can dominate any scenario.