PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Armor

devildog789
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I know this is kind of a random question. And probably been discussed before, but why is Altair's armor black? Is it something he changed when he became the "leader" of the brother hood. Also why would he have changed it? Isn't the color scheme that all the assassins seem to follow, white?

devildog789
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I know this is kind of a random question. And probably been discussed before, but why is Altair's armor black? Is it something he changed when he became the "leader" of the brother hood. Also why would he have changed it? Isn't the color scheme that all the assassins seem to follow, white?

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Well his 'master' wore black, so that's probably where he got it from.

ninja_7_7
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
his master also betrayed him. Then why would he look like him?

DarkicoN14
11-11-2010, 02:46 PM
i think wearing black means your the leader of the assassin order

devildog789
11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
But the while his master wore black, he also wore the white robes underneath I believe. Also, in ACI I think the "scholars" at Masyaf wore black, and they're not leaders.

SolidSnakeMat
11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Black is the color of the master assassins

ninja_7_7
11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
fix your sig ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. It takes up half the page.

devildog789
11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Black is the color of the master assassins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said before, There were "scholars" in Masyaf, that wore black. They weren't leaders.

thedeadman_47
11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
easy if u noticed the scolars wore blak robes with white hoods that endecated that they became a highly ranked assassins or that they r like scientests of the bortherhood but the leader of the brotherhood wore all black (robes and hoods) that indecates the he IS THE BIG BOSS of the brotherhood

CRUDFACE
11-11-2010, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devild0g789:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Black is the color of the master assassins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said before, There were "scholars" in Masyaf, that wore black. They weren't leaders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were? The game did say that black was reserved for the master, no doubt. Maybe black is just for leaders of their professions, like the people who headed the assassin's bureau wear black to.

Justin125
11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe he was tired of wearing white...it's better to wear black at night to kill someone

thedeadman_47
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin125:
Maybe he was tired of wearing white...it's better to wear black at night to kill someone </div></BLOCKQUOTE> good point!

lilbacchant
11-11-2010, 04:01 PM
- Maybe it was just the natural color of the metallurgical process used to forge the armor.

- Maybe he had dyed his hair the previous month and the color scheme of the new armor was crafted to match. (Hey, the Master Assassin has to look *good*, ya know.)

- Maybe while discussing what color to make the new armor, one of his children came into the room, smiled brigtly, put their arms in the air, and proceeded to prance around the room saying, "Black, blackie, blackster ... black, black, black!"

- Maybe he really wanted pink, but those damnable templars had interrupted the trade caravans and he was forced to choose between magenta and black; and upon reaching for the magenta, his wife gave him a *look*.

- Maybe the Ubi artist that designed the armor is a goth.

- Maybe ....

Razrback16
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
We assume because a master assassin wears black...but if that's the case, why is he back to wearing white in Brotherhood when he is indeed the master and leader of the entire order?

thedeadman_47
11-11-2010, 11:27 PM
another easy one because the armor of altair was created by ALTAIR in his era in his existence so he had to do by the traditions of the brotherhood in that time and ezio came about 250 years later and claimed it but then when the armour was destroyed ezio made his own master asassin clothes and there are no tradtions to prevent him (look at it from this point altairs armor black because its older,ezios clothes white because its newer so he had the freedom to choose i mean in ac2 he had the freedom to dye his clothes you think he wont be able to choose the colour of his MA robes?)

SolidSnakeMat
11-11-2010, 11:50 PM
LoL look up the Master Assassin's Edition of AC2 and tell me what color of robes that Master Assassin Ezio is wearing.

Azugo
11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
I think it's just the armour on the clothes. Remember, it's ''Altair's Armour'', not ''Altair's Clothes''.

I dunno, just speculating here.

Redfeather1975
11-12-2010, 01:06 AM
His armour has been sitting in the dark for a long time, and it just absorbed the darkness is all.

Very true story. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

obliviondoll
11-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Because black is awesome, and therefore, black armour is awesome armour.

As such, when making the best suit of armour in the game, they went with black to show off how awesome it is.

Logic, people!

(Oh sure, crazy vampire logic, but still logic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Azugo
11-12-2010, 03:20 AM
I actually like white more than black. :/

ibn-al-ahad
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Back to the scholars, maybe black symbolises that both Al mualim and Altair were of the orders
" Wisemen ". Maybe black is the colour of the assassins wisest and most experienced?

devildog789
11-12-2010, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I actually like white more than black. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completely here. I like the white.

Also, I liked Altair, more because he looked less conspicuous (Other than the fact that he's in straight white with a hood). He fit in with the times, and other people wore white. Ezio kinda stands out, because to me, he's dressed like a nobleman with bright white. He doesn't blend in with the 'commoner'.

Mic_92
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Who knows, black is probably the color worn by the grand master.

DJKRONOS1982
11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Dunno why Altair switched to black, but maybe Ezio switched back to white to honor his father's memory. His father's original armor and robes were white. That's probably what I would have done.

thedeadman_47
11-12-2010, 11:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:
Dunno why Altair switched to black, but maybe Ezio switched back to white to honor his father's memory. His father's original armor and robes were white. That's probably what I would have done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ezio's white clothes ARE his father's haven't you played the game or even saw the linage movie

SWJS
11-12-2010, 11:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ezio's white clothes ARE his father's haven't you played the game or even saw the linage movie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're talking about his new robes in ACB.

Desm0ndmiles
11-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Because black is slimming.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

dalby2010
11-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Look peeps Altair is awsome because of this he can do whatever he wants and have whatever colour he wants deal with it

dchil279
11-13-2010, 07:24 AM
in the Launch Trailer (http://assassincreed.com) Altair is seen wearing Altairs Armor numerous times, but it was supposed to be a U-Play reward... ?

thedeadman_47
11-13-2010, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ezio's white clothes ARE his father's haven't you played the game or even saw the linage movie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're talking about his new robes in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> oh!!! then my point of view about that is posted on the first page and sorry if was being rude

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 09:37 AM
You guys are making this thing way too difficult. Black robes, and a black cowl are the mark of a master assasin. They are what Al-Mualim wears, and I doubt Altair would let Al Mualim's betrayal motivate him to break tradition.
Also, the Scholars' uniform is just a black coat, with a white shirt and tunic in front. It looks NOTHING like a Master Assasin's uniform.