PDA

View Full Version : Time for a reinstall

Mike9685
02-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Well, it's that time again. I upgraded my computer (with OS) and it's time to reinstall all the programs.

I have FB + AEP + PF (4.02m) currently. Lot's of addon campaigns, single missions, and aircraft (skins). What folders (and other things) do I need to save?

I also use CH USB pedals and Gamestick. Do I just need to save the map for the game?

Thanks! Mike

Mike9685
02-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Well, it's that time again. I upgraded my computer (with OS) and it's time to reinstall all the programs.

I have FB + AEP + PF (4.02m) currently. Lot's of addon campaigns, single missions, and aircraft (skins). What folders (and other things) do I need to save?

I also use CH USB pedals and Gamestick. Do I just need to save the map for the game?

Thanks! Mike

Chuck_Older
02-12-2006, 07:26 AM
open 'my computer'
open the drive you installed the sim on
open 'program files'
open 'Ubi Soft'
open 'il-2 forgotten battles' (or 'pacific Fighters', I imagine

now, for campaings and missions:

open 'missions'

you'll find the 'campaign' and 'single' folders there. Also any online missions should be in 'net'

for skins:

when you have 'il-2 fotgotten battles' open, you'll see a folder called 'paintschemes'

inside that are pilot, aircraft, noseart, and regiment skins

fly_zo
02-12-2006, 08:01 AM
back up "Users" folder too to save your pilots and controls settings.

Mike9685
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
open 'my computer'
open the drive you installed the sim on
open 'program files'
open 'Ubi Soft'
open 'il-2 forgotten battles' (or 'pacific Fighters', I imagine

now, for campaings and missions:

open 'missions'

you'll find the 'campaign' and 'single' folders there. Also any online missions should be in 'net'

for skins:

when you have 'il-2 fotgotten battles' open, you'll see a folder called 'paintschemes'

inside that are pilot, aircraft, noseart, and regiment skins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Chuck-
When Tigers could fly is the campaign that I was most worried about...(and the one I play most often)