PDA

View Full Version : Improving faces of war

peteroml
07-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi

I recently started playing this game as it is most interesting. I have gone through Soldiers heroes of ww2, and its one of my favorite RTS game. However i can seem to help im a bit inpatience with some of the game mechanics in faces of war.

First of all i really think there should be an "gear up" menu where everyone in your squad runs and pick up a weapon along with ammo and supplies from any nearby corps. I really hate that i have to halt my advance 5-10min just to go through every squad members inventory and whatnot. Especially in large combat oriented maps.

In stealth missions it works ok i can stand that but not what i just described.

Also there are a few too many icons and actions a soldier to make. And it gets a little too much, holster, attach, drop (where?),there.. this that etc. I would like a little more fluid system when it comes to interactions with items and veichles.

There are many positive aspects that i really like in this game, the vast unit library, the beautyfull landscapes, unit engagements in cityblocks, the way you can make squads go from cover to cover in a efficient way. But all this action gets bog down with miniscual details and frustrating menus that need to be adressed for new players to stay interested and come back in future iterations.

That is just my opinion ofcourse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

peteroml
07-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi

I recently started playing this game as it is most interesting. I have gone through Soldiers heroes of ww2, and its one of my favorite RTS game. However i can seem to help im a bit inpatience with some of the game mechanics in faces of war.

First of all i really think there should be an "gear up" menu where everyone in your squad runs and pick up a weapon along with ammo and supplies from any nearby corps. I really hate that i have to halt my advance 5-10min just to go through every squad members inventory and whatnot. Especially in large combat oriented maps.

In stealth missions it works ok i can stand that but not what i just described.

Also there are a few too many icons and actions a soldier to make. And it gets a little too much, holster, attach, drop (where?),there.. this that etc. I would like a little more fluid system when it comes to interactions with items and veichles.

There are many positive aspects that i really like in this game, the vast unit library, the beautyfull landscapes, unit engagements in cityblocks, the way you can make squads go from cover to cover in a efficient way. But all this action gets bog down with miniscual details and frustrating menus that need to be adressed for new players to stay interested and come back in future iterations.

That is just my opinion ofcourse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

filon102
07-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I never played SHoWW2. I like FoW much better cause i played the demo for SHOWW2, dint like it. FoW is much better. Better graphics, everything is perfect. Idk about that ammo stuff that u said, cause i hate it too when it comes to getting ammo for like 10 guys.

cTk_Instinct
07-26-2007, 03:09 AM
If you want to see the latest improvements of the interface for the upcoming sequel, I recommend visiting us in the our forums, und news you'll find all devupdates and a demo guide which describes the new interface.