PDA

View Full Version : The Disconnection Blues (aka, *bleep! bleep! bleep!*)

EQWashu
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
This happened to me earlier...

I went into Manhunt and got 9 kills and a 4 kill streak, leading my team with the most kills and cementing a 7.5k point lead on our opponents.

But *just* as it was going to switch team hunter/hunted status and have you pick your abilities....IT DISCONNECTED!

After 3 minutes of swearing and a failed attempt to join another group, I actually rejoined my team in progress, which won by 10k points. And, of course, it only gave me points for the time I rejoined, not before.

The other time was in Wanted mode, where I was Disconnected in mid-pounce! It ain't fair I tell ya...

Don't you *LOVE* it when this happens?

EQWashu
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
This happened to me earlier...

I went into Manhunt and got 9 kills and a 4 kill streak, leading my team with the most kills and cementing a 7.5k point lead on our opponents.

But *just* as it was going to switch team hunter/hunted status and have you pick your abilities....IT DISCONNECTED!

After 3 minutes of swearing and a failed attempt to join another group, I actually rejoined my team in progress, which won by 10k points. And, of course, it only gave me points for the time I rejoined, not before.

The other time was in Wanted mode, where I was Disconnected in mid-pounce! It ain't fair I tell ya...

Don't you *LOVE* it when this happens?

Requiscent
12-08-2010, 07:57 PM
This always annoys me too. I remember I was in a game of Wanted, I had just killed my target and evaded two of my pursuers. I noticed that my last pursuer was coming to me, so I got ready to throw him a smoke bomb when all of a sudden "You have been disconnected from the host" messages appeared, I was PO'd.

Thankfully in my most recent game that didn't happen, and I took first.