PDA

View Full Version : PE-2 not available in US?

VonKlugermon
05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm waiting for the BB hoopla to die down a bit, but while I'm waiting, how many in the US have purchased/downloaded this add-on from the UK site and did you have any credit card issues?

Willy

VonKlugermon
05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm waiting for the BB hoopla to die down a bit, but while I'm waiting, how many in the US have purchased/downloaded this add-on from the UK site and did you have any credit card issues?

Willy

J_Anonymous
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
I am waiting a bit, too, and so are many customers I am afraid....

nickdanger3
05-02-2006, 06:25 PM
I did - seems fine to me. Had it since the 28th. No freaky credit card charges and I used the UK site.

Irish_Rogues
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm just waiting for traffic to die down a little on the download server. I've no worries.

FlatSpinMan
05-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I live in Japan but was able to download it from the UK site with no hassles. My credit card billing address is in Japan, too.

zero85ZEN
05-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I got it in the first hour after it was released. No issues for me. Even the Boonty Box removel/.exe swap/missions renameing and move wasn't a big deal. The Pe-2 is loads of fun to fly and very tricky to land!

3.JG51_BigBear
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
I live in the U.S., bought it with a Mastercard no problems.

-HH-Quazi
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Ended up being $18 and change US. No problems here. Of course Boonty Box didn't work correctly, but I was able to copy and paste the patch files to my FB folder without a problem. And Boonty Box uninstalled without a problem.

AVG_WarHawk
05-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I tried several times to purchase Pe-2 from ubi.comUK. Each time I was told my credit card was invalid. I have a Wells Fargo Platinum"check card" which works for online purchases everywhere else including ubi.comUS before and since my attempts at the ubiUK site. Since hearing about all the Boonty Box problems, I'm glad my transaction never went through. Would like to support Oleg, but ubi has made it extremely difficult.

Dew-Claw
05-03-2006, 12:33 AM
I've had nothing but problems..
keeps saying my card is over the limit....and insufficiant funds, whatever that means.
Worked fine last week when I bought a tank of gas...
oh wait

never mind.

civildog
05-03-2006, 01:17 AM
DL'd it off the UK Ubi site Friday. It came through fine in one try and only took 12 minutes. Run smoooooth as glass.

I've been praying for a flyable Peshka for years and didn't want to wait until it showed up here in the US - the Net is an amazing thing.

VonKlugermon
05-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Took the plunge! Download, install, clean-up took about an hour total. (I got the French version of BB, and I don't speak French!)

To make a long story short, VIOLA!, it works! (installation guide sticky thread is very handy!) Glad I waited a week!

Thanks all!

Willy

bodaw
05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Sorry I don't get to frequent the forum as much as I'd like to, but you guys are able to get rid of the lousy Boonty Box after the install. How do you do that? The only reason I did not buy was because I didn't want Boonty box or Starforce on my computer.

VonKlugermon
05-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Check page 2 of the installation guide sticky thread at the top of the page. WTE-Tigger posted a link to complete removal instructions.

Willy

bodaw
05-04-2006, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonKlugermon:
Check page 2 of the installation guide sticky thread at the top of the page. WTE-Tigger posted a link to complete removal instructions.

Willy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will check it out, thank you.