PDA

View Full Version : X-52,Slider, and Prop pitch

stathem
03-15-2006, 02:13 AM
I realise that this has probably come up about a thousand times, but sorry, I haven€t seen (or can€t remember) an answer to it.

What with the introduction of the Tempest and Mosquito, I€ve been using the X-52 thumb slider as a PP control, and it€s useful and a lot of fun. Trouble is, after a couple of hours use, it starts to progressively lose the top couple of percent at the top end, so I can only get 99%,98% etc. At this point I have to re-boot (ie unplug and re-plug) the stick in order to get full range again. That€s OK, but obviously I have to be out of the game in order to do it, which can be annoying if you€re on a good run.

Does anyone have a foolproof way of fixing this issue?

stathem
03-15-2006, 02:13 AM
I realise that this has probably come up about a thousand times, but sorry, I haven€t seen (or can€t remember) an answer to it.

What with the introduction of the Tempest and Mosquito, I€ve been using the X-52 thumb slider as a PP control, and it€s useful and a lot of fun. Trouble is, after a couple of hours use, it starts to progressively lose the top couple of percent at the top end, so I can only get 99%,98% etc. At this point I have to re-boot (ie unplug and re-plug) the stick in order to get full range again. That€s OK, but obviously I have to be out of the game in order to do it, which can be annoying if you€re on a good run.

Does anyone have a foolproof way of fixing this issue?

dravisar
03-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Mine does the exact same thing. Its not after a few hours of use, its just testy from the start. If I move it all the way down, and all they way back, it usually goes to 100%

Sometimes its still testy, and I jiggle it.

Also try going into your settings in the controls section, and resetting the axis to see if it clears up.

If none of that works ill walk you through messing with the bands so that the top few percent of the slide are dead zones and youll never have a problem.

stathem
03-15-2006, 02:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dravisar:

If none of that works ill walk you through messing with the bands so that the top few percent of the slide are dead zones and youll never have a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, does that work OK? That's the way I've been attacking it, but with a small DB it still did it, just increased the DB still futher but no chance to see if it is 'fixed' yet. Is there a way of shifting just the top DB on the slider-axis? At the moment when I change it it moves both ends (not that that's a real problem, just inquisitive.)

dravisar
03-15-2006, 03:14 AM
Your using the profile editing software to modify it, and loading the profile before running IL2, correct?

stathem
03-15-2006, 04:09 AM
Ah, now there's a thought. I thought that the 'stick' software method of changing the deadbands was global across all one's profiles (I have several for different A/c). I'll look into that when I get home, thanks.

Jetbuff
03-15-2006, 04:18 AM
Try not reaching the stops during the calibration routine. Works for me.

Tully__
03-15-2006, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetbuff:
Try not reaching the stops during the calibration routine. Works for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most (all?) X-52's are auto calibrating, there is no calibration routine. Calibration info is usually stored in registry...For those who are brave enough to try utilities for editing registry, there was a question either here or in the PF forum recently where someone mentioned such a utility....

1.JaVA_Hornet
03-15-2006, 05:30 AM
Guys wake up!!

Before you uses your x52 slider set it down to
the bottom. After that you start your profiler
and the il2 game.

Jetbuff
03-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Sorry, was going off my experience with the X-45.

Tully__
03-15-2006, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetbuff:
Sorry, was going off my experience with the X-45. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I used that trick all the time with my X-45 throttle, but even the last few production batches of those are autocalibrating with the latest driver I believe.

stathem
03-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I set a little more deadband and remembered to keep the slider zeroed when not in use and the problem ahsn't arisen tonight, so hopefully your tips have cured it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif