PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth to install 3.04?

WildeSau
01-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi all,

Just read that people are not that pleased with the new patch.

My question is, if it's nevertheless worth to install it or is it a wast of time and HD space?

Anything that makes the game better or just making things different or even worse?

Thanks.

WildeSau

SeaFireLIV
01-19-2005, 06:19 AM
It doesn`t make the game worse as far as I can tell. It just does not do all that much, unless you`re very much into taking off from Carriers with heavy-laden aircraft and if you maybe having graphic ATI problems.

You may as well install it as you lose nothing anyway and there may still be hidden stuff (which is often the case).

JG53Frankyboy
01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:
Hi all,

Just read that people are not that pleased with the new patch.

My question is, if it's nevertheless worth to install it or is it a wast of time and HD space?

Anything that makes the game better or just making things different or even worse?

Thanks.

WildeSau <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the most people arent pleased with it because the most expectet more from it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

if you fly Wildcats a lot i would strongly recommend it , because the increased its max dive speed a lot to now ~850km/h.

and if you want play online, its always necesarry to have the latest version

Nemisis_WOF
01-19-2005, 06:52 AM
The patch does more than fix take offs of very Heavily laden aircraft.

I Got my copy of PF 2 weeks ago just after the 303m patch was released, so i installed the full monty FB+AEP+PF and immediately tried the take off from the carrier missions in the single mission USN list. Taking off from the carrier in an F4 with 50% fuel and no armament other than guns was tricky just managing to get flyable after skimming the wave tops after leaving the carrier but doable non the less.

Tried the same in the F6 with the same load out and there was no way it could be done! Tried various options of flaps power and could never make it airboourne for more than 200 M of the end of the carrier! This with an unladen plane with only 50% fuel Yikes i thought i gonna need a lot of practice at this especially if i am to try and take off witha fully loaded plane.

I checked these forums and found out this was a screw up in the FM for the 303m patch and that even experianced fliers were not able to take off with this unladen combination, and it was not just my unskilled attempts at take off (relived) i could not wait for the next patch to fix this and here it is.

A happy flier now.

JG53Frankyboy
01-19-2005, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nemisis_WOF:
The patch does more than fix take offs of very Heavily laden aircraft.

I Got my copy of PF 2 weeks ago just after the 303m patch was released, so i installed the full monty FB+AEP+PF and immediately tried the take off from the carrier missions in the single mission USN list. Taking off from the carrier in an F4 with 50% fuel and no armament other than guns was tricky just managing to get flyable after skimming the wave tops after leaving the carrier but doable non the less.

Tried the same in the F6 with the same load out and there was no way it could be done! Tried various options of flaps power and could never make it airboourne for more than 200 M of the end of the carrier! This with an unladen plane with only 50% fuel Yikes i thought i gonna need a lot of practice at this especially if i am to try and take off witha fully loaded plane.

I checked these forums and found out this was a screw up in the FM for the 303m patch and that even experianced fliers were not able to take off with this unladen combination, and it was not just my unskilled attempts at take off (relived) i could not wait for the next patch to fix this and here it is.

A happy flier now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

with USN planes you should never forget the manufacturer prefix- there are two F4 in game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
sure you ment F4U not the F4F !

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-19-2005, 07:05 AM
If you want to fly online, you'll need to install the patch...period.

TB

KarayaEine
01-19-2005, 07:57 AM
My question as well; is it worth it to install the new patches?

I'm running the original OOB merged PF install with FB+AEP. I don't play online and I got the no CD thing working just the way I want it.

So why bother with the patches? If I do then I can't use the updated no CD file (which I really like since I do not want to be taking CD's in and out of the machine all the time) and the sim works fine as it is.

I'm just trying to find the benefit. With FB and AEP the patches seemed to be relevant and useful (from my point of view at least) But so far there has been nothing ground shattering and compelling to get the latest patches for PF.

Am I missing something? If I am please let me know.

Johann

JG53Frankyboy
01-19-2005, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KarayaEine:
My question as well; is it worth it to install the new patches?

I'm running the original OOB merged PF install with FB+AEP. I don't play online and I got the no CD thing working just the way I want it.

So why bother with the patches? If I do then I can't use the updated no CD file (which I really like since I do not want to be taking CD's in and out of the machine all the time) and the sim works fine as it is.

I'm just trying to find the benefit. With FB and AEP the patches seemed to be relevant and useful (from my point of view at least) But so far there has been nothing ground shattering and compelling to get the latest patches for PF.

Am I missing something? If I am please let me know.

Johann <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well,
PF3.00 (release version) is realy full of bugs !
and if you aks, you will get sure get some infos about solving the CD proplem with 3.04 too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AWL_Spinner
01-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Just checked at lunch time, all the major servers on Hyperlobby seem to be running 3.04m.

There's your answer!

JG53Frankyboy
01-19-2005, 08:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
Just checked at lunch time, all the major servers on Hyperlobby seem to be running 3.04m.

There's your answer! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i realy doubting that all péople are playing online.

AWL_Spinner
01-19-2005, 08:37 AM
No but a lot of the people on this forum do, so it's a fair assumption. If not, it's not going to break anything and may indeed be a pre-requisite for the NEXT patch.

DuxCorvan
01-19-2005, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
No but a lot of the people on this forum do, so it's a fair assumption. If not, it's not going to break anything and may indeed be a pre-requisite for the NEXT patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next patch? The 3.05 5Mb patch that fixes Panzer III turn radius and mice wear little umbrellas...? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Hehe, just kidding... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WildeSau
01-19-2005, 11:02 AM
thank you all for your feedback.

Will install it!

WildeSau

Troll2k
01-19-2005, 02:07 PM
If I were a betting man I would put money on the the fact that the next patch with all the new planes will have to be installed over the top of 3.04.

So whether you play online or off you will need 3.04 to get the new planes.

kiddknapp59
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Johann <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The patches don't effect this at all. Not that I would know personally. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But the no CD thing will still work.