PDA

View Full Version : Use Steam Overlay in non-Steam version?

TehDash
11-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Is there any way I can use the Steam Overlay in the non-Steam version of Assasin's Creed Revelations?

I've tried adding every one of the 4 executables to my Steam games list but they all open with the launcher which is preventing me from using the overlay.

Any ideas?

TehDash
11-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Is there any way I can use the Steam Overlay in the non-Steam version of Assasin's Creed Revelations?

I've tried adding every one of the 4 executables to my Steam games list but they all open with the launcher which is preventing me from using the overlay.

Any ideas?

TheLeoCrow
11-30-2011, 08:06 AM
There is a way that works with Brotherhood but I don't know if it works with Revelations, since I don't have the game yet because I'm in europe. Obviously I don't know if the following will work for you.

Add ACRMP.exe as a non steam game and then right click on it from your steam library and select properties. In the Target box, where it says "...ACRMP.exe" turn it into "...ACRMP.exe" /launchedfromotherexec /onlineUser:YOURUSERNAME /onlinePassword:YOURPASSWORD . This way you should be able to skip the launcher and thus use the overlay. Obviously, replace YOURUSERNAME with your username and the password as well.

I tried the same on the single player of Brotherhood, it works but then it blocks access to the multiplayer. Use at your risk or wait until the weekend when I will try it with my copy

TehDash
11-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Nah, that just brings up the launcher as usual I'm afraid.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

MrPieBSc
12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
It works for me. I can use the steam overlay for the non steam version. Did you link it to this?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Revelations\ACRMP.exe"

Of course it'll launch the launcher but once you get in game the overlay should work. I haven't had any problems with it through out the whole campaign. Hope that helps!

kylebisme
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Edit: it works, just make sure to spell "launchedfromtherexec" right, Leo has an extra "o" in it above.

jonathan110721
08-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Edit: it works, just make sure to spell "launchedfromtherexec" right, Leo has an extra "o" in it above.

Hey guys, I really don't understand how to do this... First of all, I didn't buy the game from steam, I bought it on a website where they sell the "digital" version of the game, they're usually a bit cheaper...

I tried copying the stuff you guys "inpu" into the ACRMP.exe shortcut, a completly new shortcut... I can't figure out how to get myself a DIRECT shortcut to MP... Can someone give me a very CLEAR step by step here please?

dex3108BL
08-23-2012, 08:50 AM
- go to steam library
- in lower left corner click add a game
- in pop-up window click add a non-steam game
- in next pop-up window click browse
- find ACRSP exe and add it
- click add selected programs
- run game from steam library
- login to uplay and run game

After that you will be able to use steam overlay with shift+tab or what ever shortcut you use.