PDA

View Full Version : My SoW wish list (2 things)

Stingray333
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Howdy folks,

I know everyone is probably tired of these "omfg when is SoW going to get here", or "here is what SoW needs to do" threads, but, I enjoy the sound of my own voice so I'd like to put in my 2 cents:

1.) pitching carrier deck, I think it would be awesome if the carrier deck would pitch up and down in response to waves to make carrier landings doubleplus hard.

2.) Uneven surfaces on air fields, especially grass or dirt fields. Watching movies of planes landing on grass strips from WW2, you can see how the plane bounces in response to the uneven surface. It would just give that extra added realism and challenge to landings.

Watch any movie of a plane landing on an airfield, even the best concrete airstrips are not "perfectly flat", but have some slight hills and dives.

Well, there it is. My two suggestions for SoW. Oleg, make it happen.

Stingray

Stingray333
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Howdy folks,

I know everyone is probably tired of these "omfg when is SoW going to get here", or "here is what SoW needs to do" threads, but, I enjoy the sound of my own voice so I'd like to put in my 2 cents:

1.) pitching carrier deck, I think it would be awesome if the carrier deck would pitch up and down in response to waves to make carrier landings doubleplus hard.

2.) Uneven surfaces on air fields, especially grass or dirt fields. Watching movies of planes landing on grass strips from WW2, you can see how the plane bounces in response to the uneven surface. It would just give that extra added realism and challenge to landings.

Watch any movie of a plane landing on an airfield, even the best concrete airstrips are not "perfectly flat", but have some slight hills and dives.

Well, there it is. My two suggestions for SoW. Oleg, make it happen.

Stingray

ROXunreal
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I just want:

1. the best possible flight model/aerodynamic realism

2. a very detailed damage model

that's it.

Phil_C
02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
i just want it to actually come out.

Stingray333
02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Also, cannons damage to ships would be pretty cool to

AndyJWest
02-28-2010, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stingray333:
Also, cannons damage to ships would be pretty cool to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be... Oleg has already said this will be modelled, unless I'm mistaken.

I think he said something about airfields not having to be level too. Stingray, your best bet is to have a good look at the 1C:Maddox IL-2 forum (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98), or even make a suggestion or two there. Though it is probably late in the day for major changes, Oleg still seems to be interested in input, provided it is sensible.

I don't think we can expect carriers in BoB, but later in the series, I'd suggest it's likely.

DrHerb
02-28-2010, 05:46 PM
I may be wrong, but I believe the carriers pitch and roll if they are in rough seas in IL2 1946.

general_kalle
02-28-2010, 06:50 PM
yeah it does but it should be alot more in rough sea...also carrier lights would be nice.

Stingray333
02-28-2010, 08:51 PM
It does??? I've never noticed it then, so it is probably not a lot of pitching and rolling then?

AndyJWest
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
If you set conditions to 'stormy' in a FMB mission, a carrier rolls markedly. There is also a wind, so ensure the carrier is heading into it if you don't want to make things difficult. There isn't much pitching, if any, though.

AS general_kalle says, lights would help. Does anyone know what lighting was normal for WWII carriers?

This is all a little beyond what we can expect in SoW:BoB I'd have thought - unless anyone knows differently.

Waldo.Pepper
03-01-2010, 12:31 AM
There are no carriers in the initial release of SOW are there? I have never seen any mention of them for the initial release. Only 'pillow talk' for follow on releases.

Sooocool
03-01-2010, 01:34 AM
While sitting on the carrier deck waiting for launch, observe the slip ball slowly slide back and forth.

Feathered_IV
03-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Pitching carrier decks for the Battle of Britain...