PDA

View Full Version : what are the exact names???

argnan
03-05-2005, 11:57 AM
There is pacific fighters, forgotten battles and??? Whit witch i have to merge pacific fighters to add-on planes???

Tooz_69GIAP
03-05-2005, 12:02 PM
there is Pacific Fighters, Forgotten Battles, and Ace's Expansion Pack.

You can install Pacific Fighters as a stand alone (which you have already). Or, you can install Pacific Fighters on top of Forgotten Battles with Ace's Expansion Pack.

Now, the easiest way to do this is to find the Forgotten Battles Gold Pack which includes Aces Expansion Pack and is fully patched up (I think).

Once you've installed that, then install Pacific Fighters on to of the Gold Pack installation.

Easy.

Jester_159th
03-05-2005, 12:03 PM
For the merged install you need:

Forgotten Battles
Aces Expansion Pack
Pacific Fighters.

Edit: Beat me to it there Tooz.

EURO_Snoopy
03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Installation and Patching Guide (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm)

mortoma
03-05-2005, 12:36 PM
That guide is very deceiving. If you have Forgotten Battles and AEP, then you only need to install them right out of the box and do not need to patch them to put Pacific Fighters on top ( merge ) of them!!! Just install FB, then AEP on top of that, then PF. The only patches you should install at that point are PF patches 3.03m and 3.04m. If you have FB gold pack, just install it and then PF on top, then the same PF patches, 3.03m and 3.04m and that's it's.

That guide would have you install FB, then all of it's patches ( unneccessary ) and then AEP and all of it's patches ( again unneccessary ) and them PF finally on top of all that and it's patches. That part is neccessary but you only need start with PF patch 3.03m and nothing prior to that, such as 3.01m. The 3.03m patch contains everything that the earlier PF patches contain, so that's why you don't need 3.01m or 3.02m.

EURO_Snoopy
03-05-2005, 02:28 PM
If you read the sections in Red it is clear patches may be skipped when installing FB>AEP>PF eg for FB patching:
<span class="ev_code_RED">If, after installing Forgotten Battles you intend to install the Aces Expansion Pack you can skip this section.</span>
For AEP patching:
<span class="ev_code_RED">If, after installing Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion pack you intend to merge Pacific Fighters you can skip this section.</span>

I try to make the guide as concise as possible if there are places where improvements can be made please let me know.