PDA

View Full Version : Force-Feedback rudder pedals?

Darkbluesky
05-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to build or if it exists already.

There is some game out there that support this? AFAIK I don't know of any game.

I thionk this would be superb! I hope it will exists a way to do it...

Anybody has some info/advice?

Tx

Darkbluesky
05-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to build or if it exists already.

There is some game out there that support this? AFAIK I don't know of any game.

I thionk this would be superb! I hope it will exists a way to do it...

Anybody has some info/advice?

Tx

FoolTrottel
05-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Hi,

Here's an idea, hook up an FFB joystick, and assign rudder to it... what does it do?

If does the FFB thing, report back here, and I'll upgrade my pedals to FFB!

Well, to be honest, I do have a second FFB stick, but have not yet tried to hook it up as Rudder Pedals.... Hmmm, why not try it now then?

Okay, I'll try.

I'll be reporting results later.
(though I'm not gonna test a large range of games, only IL2, maybe CFS...)

FoolTrottel
05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Well,
Nice try this was..

No FFB on the Rudder Pedals in IL2....
(Tried take-off, and some rough landings, even running off the runway, and a landing resulting in a loss of undercarriage...)

As for CFS, I had to install it, but then it was too much work to get the controls setup.... never got the rudder assigned to the 2nd FFB stick.... Good thing was, I got to uninstall it afterwards...

Have Fun!

rnzoli
05-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I was wondering about this possibility long ago. But since there is no FFB-compatible rudder pedal hardware on the market, it is easy to guess that the programs don't support it.

However, it would be possible build one with a special microcontroller, which would apply the centering spring strengh on the X-Y axes on the rudder pedals, too. I think.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Udidtoo
05-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I have been using a PS2 Logitech GranTourismo FFB as rudders for a little over 2 years. It has a USB plug and XP recognizes it as a Wingman Formula force GP and I don't tell it other wise.

The FFB works on a number of racing simms demo's I have grabbed on line. As a experiment I tried mapping MG's and cannons to some of the wheel buttons and firing them did make the the wheel shake and shudder.

I also used the MS FFB II for a long while and even when I used the twist handle for rudder trim there were never any noticable force being translated to the stick. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain there isn't any FFB signals associated with the rudder in this simm.