PDA

View Full Version : I Flew for the Fuehrer Campaign

Crimea_River
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm liking this campaign so far but DFLion, if you're out there, what rank are you supposed to start at?

I'm finding in some of the missions that I'm not in the intended plane. FMB confirms that "player" plane is correctly checked so I suspect that I started too low in rank.

Love the Channel Dash mission by the way. I discovered, after having played this game since IL-2 Sturmovik came out 5+ years ago, that parachutes that get hit by flak actually fail.

Crimea_River
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm liking this campaign so far but DFLion, if you're out there, what rank are you supposed to start at?

I'm finding in some of the missions that I'm not in the intended plane. FMB confirms that "player" plane is correctly checked so I suspect that I started too low in rank.

Love the Channel Dash mission by the way. I discovered, after having played this game since IL-2 Sturmovik came out 5+ years ago, that parachutes that get hit by flak actually fail.

polak5
07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
The book was nice. Now there is a campaign!??! Downloading now! sweet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif happy birthday to me then. would be nice to know what rank u need to start thought.

Scorpion.233
07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Was a very good campaign, espescially the briefings.

I just selected the highest rank by the way.

Billy_DeLyon
07-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I always start campaigns at the highest rank. That way you can have some measure of control over the AI, less chance of them winging off to the next waypoint while you're in the midst of a fight.

DFLion
07-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Crimea_River,
Thanks for your comments on this campaign. I started building this campaign before version 4.08M was released by Oleg and Ilya. When I merged 4.08M over 4.07M a few funny things happened with pilot rank and aircraft designation. I had a quite a few problems trying to fix it - trying to make sure that each Schwarm was properly designated (pilot to aircraft).
I would take Scorpion.233 advice and select the highest rank.
If anybody has a fix for this anomaly, please let me know and I will release another version.
DFLion

Crimea_River
07-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks DF Lion.

I didn't pick highest rank but maybe it makes no difference to which plane you end up in anyway. Sounds like you encountered the issue when you converted versions.

My compliments on your historical campaigns. Your research and attention to detail have set a high standard. Any others on the way?

DFLion
07-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi Crimea-River,
Yes I have several other campaigns currently in progress - refer to the the recent thread Fw190D-9 Campaigns on the 4th of Jul. I am puting the finishing touches to a 51 mission (semi-historical campaign) flying the Fw190D-9, the campaign is called 'Long nose Focke-Wulf pilot'.
I have also nearly finished a fully historical 20 mission campaign based on the defence of Milne Bay by RAAF P40E Kittyhawks - this battle was the first major turning point for the Japanese army in the Pacific.
Other campaigns in the pipeline are -
1.Messerschmitt pilot - a semi historical 53+ mission campaign following the career of a German fighter pilot on the Western front including the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain
2. The American Volunteer Group - their campaign against the Japanese over Burma and China
3. RAAF Spitfires over Darwin - a historical campaign showing the defence of Darwin during the Japanese bombing attacks
4. 'The Lightning Strikes' a historical campaign featuring the use of the Ar234B jet bomber by the Luftwaffe during the closing stages of WWII in Europe.
DFLion

Feathered_IV
07-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Linkie? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

polak5
07-05-2007, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Linkie? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oops heres the link.

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2232

have a good one.

Crimea_River
07-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Sweet!.

Looking forward to those. Keep up the good work!