PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for 4.04, but a small issue.

Ernst_Rohr
02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Oleg,

4.04 and 4.03 have been very nice ideed, but I have noticed one serious issue.

The level stablizer seems to be broken.

I have several campaigns running with level bombers, and all the ones I tested (B-25, TB3, He-111, Ju 88) all are having issues with the level stablizer not maintaining level flight.

The 88 seems to be the least effected, but experiences a constant degredation in altitude. Max up trim can counter this, but the AC experiences a snap climb once the level stabilizer is disengaged.

The 111 is similar to the 88, though the degredation in altitude is persistant and some lateral drift is evident as well.

The TB3 and B-25 are the most severly effected, with the stabilzer apparently doesnt function at all. The 25 can be more or less trimmed up to correct for this, but the TB3 requires constant control input, making bombing a very complicated effort.

I noticed this with the 4.03 patch, and it continues in 4.04.

Ernst_Rohr
02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Oleg,

4.04 and 4.03 have been very nice ideed, but I have noticed one serious issue.

The level stablizer seems to be broken.

I have several campaigns running with level bombers, and all the ones I tested (B-25, TB3, He-111, Ju 88) all are having issues with the level stablizer not maintaining level flight.

The 88 seems to be the least effected, but experiences a constant degredation in altitude. Max up trim can counter this, but the AC experiences a snap climb once the level stabilizer is disengaged.

The 111 is similar to the 88, though the degredation in altitude is persistant and some lateral drift is evident as well.

The TB3 and B-25 are the most severly effected, with the stabilzer apparently doesnt function at all. The 25 can be more or less trimmed up to correct for this, but the TB3 requires constant control input, making bombing a very complicated effort.

I noticed this with the 4.03 patch, and it continues in 4.04.

Hurricane_320
02-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Strange, it all works for me.

Ernst_Rohr
02-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Really? I have tried remapping keys, reapplying the patches, everything I could think of.

I get the message that pilot automation is engaged, but I still get the effects listed above.

VW-IceFire
02-24-2006, 03:11 PM
User trim. You still have to trim the aircraft despite the autopilot. Lots of people have posted on level stab over the last few years...its usually the same comment (loss of altitude).

Ernst_Rohr
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I was trimming before, and didnt have any issues there (well except the TB3).

JU 88 isnt and issue, I can trim up, 111 isnt too bad either, just set drift keys or use rudder trim to adjust the flight path. Got it set on the X52. Before the patch, the 111 would square up rock solid, and requred very little corrective trim on the approach. Now I wind up doing a lot of correction.

But,the B-25 and TB3 just wont respond. I can get the B-25 trimmed out, but the level stab just acts... weird. I wind up with a left roll to the AC that will self correct after a second, then start a left roll again. Just flat weird.

The TB3 is now a three handed flyer, no trim surfaces, so its lots of manual input.

On the upside, the changes with 4.04 make flying staight fighters a lot more fun and less work, so its more of an annoyance than a game killer for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Endy1
02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Ernst_Rohr
Really? I have tried remapping keys, reapplying the patches, everything I could think of.

I get the message that pilot automation is engaged, but I still get the effects listed above.

Pilot automation is when you change gunner positions, and the position you just left is put on AI
The message you want mentions level stabaliser. Recheck your key assignment. Hope this helps.

SithLordRoY
02-25-2006, 02:15 AM
In theory you shouldn't have to trim a 'level stabilizer'. Its not a computer as such, its just the pilot/bombadier holding the plane steady for you. The plane shouldn't 'sink' on level stablizer.

JG27_Sith

Ernst_Rohr
02-25-2006, 09:43 AM
My apologies to Olen and co., turns out this one was self inflicted.

I had apparently copied over my current config on my x-52 with an old file with a completely different configuration. I was knocking my self out of level stab. Doh!

After cleaning up that mess, the level stabilzer is working correctly, and I am feeling prett stupid......

heywooood
02-25-2006, 10:50 AM
eh? fogetaboudit.

Oleg - please pat yerself on the back one time for me. You are the king of swing in the combat flight sim and computer software support arena.