PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 Research Paper

cgdemon894
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
So I have this paper for English class where we have to compare a book (The Catcher in the Rye) to another media about the them coming of age and making choices. I chose to do Assassin's Creed2 since the basis of the story is coming of age for Ezio and the world. Anyone in these forums can give me a more summarized form of my idea and please add ideas of your own..greatly appreciated. PS: we also have to do a video presentation so i will be making a basic story synopsis from the story videos for the weeks to come.

cgdemon894
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
So I have this paper for English class where we have to compare a book (The Catcher in the Rye) to another media about the them coming of age and making choices. I chose to do Assassin's Creed2 since the basis of the story is coming of age for Ezio and the world. Anyone in these forums can give me a more summarized form of my idea and please add ideas of your own..greatly appreciated. PS: we also have to do a video presentation so i will be making a basic story synopsis from the story videos for the weeks to come.

tdi10
11-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow wouldn't the rest of the class think you are wierd you may not be but comparing a book to a video game, but atleast you have an excuse for playing AC2.

Pendragon_082
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
So I have this paper for English class where we have to compare a book (The Catcher in the Rye) to another media about the them coming of age and making choices. I chose to do Assassin's Creed2 since the basis of the story is coming of age for Ezio and the world. Anyone in these forums can give me a more summarized form of my idea and please add ideas of your own..greatly appreciated. PS: we also have to do a video presentation so i will be making a basic story synopsis from the story videos for the weeks to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You. Are. Awesome.

And your english teacher is a dip for letting you do that.

Datashocker
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Instead of comparing The Catcher in the Rye to AC2, compare it to the AC2 book. Amazon link to book. (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Renaissance-Ubisoft-Entertainment/dp/0141046309/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258075866&sr=1-7) Comes out Nov 26.

cgdemon894
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
my teacher wants anything other than a book, she wants us to be open to other forms of media.... i'm not comparing the book to AC2 but looking for the theme of making choices and coming of age in AC2
note: this is Grade 10 Academic Class people

TyronLeRoy
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
So I have this paper for English class where we have to compare a book (The Catcher in the Rye) to another media about the them coming of age and making choices. I chose to do Assassin's Creed2 since the basis of the story is coming of age for Ezio and the world. Anyone in these forums can give me a more summarized form of my idea and please add ideas of your own..greatly appreciated. PS: we also have to do a video presentation so i will be making a basic story synopsis from the story videos for the weeks to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm, a more summarized form of your idea?
I understand you are trying to compare the "Coming of Age" of Ezio to another character's, but what is your goal?

To prove traditional media tell such a tale better? To prove new media tell such a tale better? How spectators can be drawn into the coming of age of a character?

cgdemon894
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
my goal is to just simply explain how the coming of age theme is relevant in the chosen story, it has no way connected to catcher in the rye, its just comparing their same theme which is "coming of age and making choices"
one of my ideas is how Ezio is actually doubtful of how his uncle mario is training him to be an assassin leaving his normal social life behind...also how the setting is also "coming of age" the advancements of art and science is what gives the atmosphere of the story

cgdemon894
11-16-2009, 08:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pendragon_082:

You. Are. Awesome.

And your english teacher is a dip for letting you do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My teacher is actually a historical junky, and i also go to an art school meaning that having the renaissance as a main focal point in the story is a +

cgdemon894
11-18-2009, 05:14 AM
SUPER BUMP!!!

cgdemon894
11-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Okay so teacher approved, can anyone of you guys provide me examples of how Ezio is dealing with his coming of age?

Silhouelle
11-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Lmao, this is your homework. xD

Anyhoo, the main thing that caught my attention was that once his family is, well you know, he takes charge and decides not only for himself (who the guards are after) but also for his remaining family to leave. That would obviously be a very trying thing to do. ^^;

HateCliffhanger
11-26-2009, 08:14 PM
For Ezio's coming of age, it was a very uncommon coming of age.

Ezio was a prominent memory of a noble family. He was well liked by the town, except for the sleezy Pazzi, and his father was "thought" to be a prominent banker. This may not have been common in Renaissance times, but it was common for a family crest to mean something.

When the tragic event that Ezio's parents were blamed for a crime Ezio's "sheltered" in a manner life was taken upside down, this was the start of his coming of age. Ezio soon realised that after he had turned about 22, they never give a good age ,you start to fend for your self. This could be similar to now of days, when your 22, you are officially a man in a way. You are graduating from college, you can drink, and all the mistakes you make mean something.

Ezio becomes an Assassin. He is a wanted man, dead or alive. His family crest is a symbol of hatred, evil, and tyranny. This is when Uncle Mario comes in the picture. Ezio now of a teenage age, towards the middle of his prime age, he must learn to fight. This is coming of age, since dueling between families was not uncommon in the renaissance.

To avenge his family, and to bring honor back to his family crest *******Spoiler*******

Which he never does at the end *******End Spoiler*

Ezio must hunt down the conspirators responsible. This is yet another example of his coming of age to manhood. His sister and mother rely on him for a short while, his mother is a wreck, and his sister...well is his sister (Annoying, needy). As a noble man of a family he probably never would have experienced this, His father might have sheltered his Assassin heritiage. Now that Ezio has responsobility this is that age, this is where he must become a man, this is where he is an Assassin.

P.S. You stole my Paper idea RAWR.

green_abobo
11-27-2009, 01:21 AM
what ever you surmise,just do not make a correlation between catcher in the rye and actually shooting (or assassinating for that matter) peace loving,genius musicians that were way ahead of their time,or at least have the ****** to not blame it on a book.

good luck on your paper.

thebutcherhead
11-27-2009, 02:56 AM
There's also an important part of the game towards the end where Ezio reflects on his choices to become an assassin and hunt his family's killers. In it he sort of stops and realizes his quest for revenge while nearly complete, never brought peace or his lost family members back into his life.

In that scene Ezio really comes of age and appears much more weathered than at any ohther point of the game. I guess you could kinda use it as a reflection of how Ezio's choices parallel to Roland's choice to leave Pencey High or whatever it was called (its been about 3 years since I read Catcher in the Rye, and I never really retained what I learned very well).

Whatever you decide to do, that scene with Ezio might be a good part to add to your video presentation. Good luck with your paper. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cgdemon894
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by green_abobo:
what ever you surmise,just do not make a correlation between catcher in the rye and actually shooting (or assassinating for that matter) peace loving,genius musicians that were way ahead of their time,or at least have the ****** to not blame it on a book.

good luck on your paper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I REPEAT AGAIN. I AM NOT MAKING SIMILARITIES BETWEEN AC2 AND THE CATCHER IN THE RYE, I AM COMPARING TO HOW EACH BOTH DEALT WITH THEIR OWN COMING OF AGE!!! AND I WILL NOT DARE TO COMPARE THE ASSASSINATION TO JOHN LENNON ANY EVENT IN AC2

cgdemon894
11-27-2009, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thebutcherhead:
There's also an important part of the game towards the end where Ezio reflects on his choices to become an assassin and hunt his family's killers. In it he sort of stops and realizes his quest for revenge while nearly complete, never brought peace or his lost family members back into his life.

In that scene Ezio really comes of age and appears much more weathered than at any ohther point of the game. I guess you could kinda use it as a reflection of how Ezio's choices parallel to Roland's choice to leave Pencey High or whatever it was called (its been about 3 years since I read Catcher in the Rye, and I never really retained what I learned very well).

Whatever you decide to do, that scene with Ezio might be a good part to add to your video presentation. Good luck with your paper. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow that was a really god point. thanks for the help I appreciate!

cgdemon894
12-18-2009, 09:40 PM
lawl, okay so i need to make a presentation on the topic, our teacher dosnt want powerpoint, so im using littlebigplanet similar to how sony used it on their press conference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uToBarLr_U

the amolang
12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
freakin awesome avatar! ...thats all I have to say. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cgdemon894
12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
can anyone please help me with a thesis statement.

i need to state how Holden Caufield (protagonist of the Catcher in the Rye) and Ezio Auditore have similar tragedies (Holden's brother dies of an illness leaving him with a disillusioned view of society and Ezios father and brothers are executed leaving Ezio with a disillusioned view of the italian noblemen.) Both protagonists are then forced to come of age. (Holden is forced by trying to be an adult leaving behind his childhood, while Ezio is forced to abandon his life of leisure to train to become an assassin.)
Then at the end, both protagonists are both left in the darkness. (Holden is sent to a mental hospital, while Ezio failed to redeem his family name.)

PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Zerban_da_Great
12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
can anyone please help me with a thesis statement.

i need to state how Holden Caufield (protagonist of the Catcher in the Rye) and Ezio Auditore have similar tragedies (Holden's brother dies of an illness leaving him with a disillusioned view of society and Ezios father and brothers are executed leaving Ezio with a disillusioned view of the italian noblemen.) Both protagonists are then forced to come of age. (Holden is forced by trying to be an adult leaving behind his childhood, while Ezio is forced to abandon his life of leisure to train to become an assassin.)
Then at the end, both protagonists are both left in the darkness. (Holden is sent to a mental hospital, while Ezio failed to redeem his family name.)

PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounded pretty clear. Do you think that you could work in Antonio's speech when he talks about how he tried to become noble? That would work well with Ezio's disillusionment with the Italian nobility.

cgdemon894
12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zerban_da_Great:

That sounded pretty clear. Do you think that you could work in Antonio's speech when he talks about how he tried to become noble? That would work well with Ezio's disillusionment with the Italian nobility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! but can anyone structure that into a thesis statement, im blowing my brains out by crying in a corner having no idea how i am going to make this into a thesis

cgdemon894
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
can anyone help?!?! please!?!? admins!?!!...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

cgdemon894
12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

cgdemon894
12-30-2009, 11:56 PM
any help? please?

cgdemon894
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
okay so here is my thesis as of now. can anyone please say if it is any good or not? any fixes?

Though both characters feel anger, loneliness, and trauma because of tragic events, both Ezio and Holden eventually come into terms and “come of age” when both kept their values and beliefs despite their problems, understood and eventually “grew” out of each other’s misery, and how both reflected on their life and morals at the end of their respective stories.