PDA

View Full Version : PF version

TheRudy
12-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi

I have a friend from other country who bought PF but it can't be installed with FB + AEP (merge). He has all 3 original games and i read somewhere that you have 3 different CD versions and it looks like he has PF standalone only.

Now he's looking for PF that can be merged with FB + AEP. Is that PF that is on UbiSoft store mergable or not?

TheRudy
12-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi

I have a friend from other country who bought PF but it can't be installed with FB + AEP (merge). He has all 3 original games and i read somewhere that you have 3 different CD versions and it looks like he has PF standalone only.

Now he's looking for PF that can be merged with FB + AEP. Is that PF that is on UbiSoft store mergable or not?

steve_v
12-17-2005, 09:12 AM
The only version of PF that is not mergable is the download version, standalone only. His cd version should merge. I would suspect user error.

Tully__
12-17-2005, 11:05 PM
I believe that in order to merge the registry entries for the FB/AEP installation have to be correct and intact. If he has moved his FB/AEP install folder and uninstalled the original location, PF will not find the FB/AEP install and not offer the merge option.

To remedy he may have to re-install FB/AEP using the CD autorun method. If he installs by manually clicking the setup files on the CD's, the registry entry required for PF to find the installation will be missing.

TheRudy
12-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong (been quite a while since i installed the game) but if you don't have il2 FB or il2 FB + AEP don't you get that option to merge it with FB + AEP disabled on autorun window if you have just PF?

He doesn't even have that option (FB + AEP merge) to do merged installation or uninstallation in PF autorun window. That's why i think he has standalone on CD.

Tully__
12-19-2005, 10:16 AM
If the language registry entries for FB/AEP are missing, you don't get the option to merge. If the merged install has already been done you get the option greyed out.