PDA

View Full Version : Nothing beats playing for 6 hours to get screwed

wingtip59
03-19-2005, 05:07 PM
ok, i played for 6 hours, guiding my boat thru shallow waters (paint the butt cause there is NO lock feature to keep on your boat so your fingers get cramps from holding the dam keys for hours), but only to find out after i CLICKED SAVE and entered a file name to save it as (this needs to allow larger filenames also) expected only to come back from break and clicked on saved missions to find it in a list only to have a friggin blank list with no saved points whatsoever!!!!! man am i peeved... 6 hours getting to the target zone even with time compression on most of the way only to get set up on target and ready to fire some torps and take a break to be refreshed for the ensuing battle only to get screwed.....
while im mentioning a few things needed fixed here, how about a way to drag more than one person around at a time.. i know you can double click and get a certain amount of crew placed but when your really trying to manage your tired guys versus fresh guys i would like to be able to alt-click and select more than just one ......
sorry for the vent... just sucks getting so involved in the sim for so many hours to have the game ooops sorry sir but you have to start over again......

naturalhigh1985
03-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I dont quite understand how it is you guys take so long to get to your target areas.
I at the mom. am heading out of Wilhelmshafen, and heading to the West of Ireland, takes me about 30 mins, maybe a bit more to get there.
Ok thats not including times when I decide to run off chasing a merchant etc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wingtip59
03-19-2005, 06:33 PM
like i said, on this particular mission it was shallow water and i was trying to make sure i wasnt gonna run aground and i did once, hell if its deep enough anyone can just leave the compression turned up and get there in no time...but its amazing how the NO can follow waypoints but cant adjust the depth if it gets shallow......

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 06:44 PM
I do agree it sucks that the game doesn't seem to let you load again after you die. Makes the point of ammassing experiance over 50 missions dumb if you die in your first 3.

What TC are you using if it's taking you 6 hrs to get anywhere?

wingtip59
03-19-2005, 09:53 PM
you guys arent listning lol...i dont care about loading or "restart" the mission after i die... im saying i went to save the mission so i could take a break and when i came back to load it, THERE WAS NOTHING SAVED....
But i do agree that it sux having to wait for the mission to load each time you fail without offering a restart instead of forcing you back to the mission selection screen

marauderiv
03-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah, that's one thing dev team got to change, adding an option to reload. But you can always shut PC down and restart computer to reload your career. Not a pleasant way but beats wasting 6 hrs for nothing.

SickbayTiffy
03-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Quote"like i said, on this particular mission it was shallow water and i was trying to make sure i wasnt gonna run aground and i did once, hell if its deep enough anyone can just leave the compression turned up and get there in no time...but its amazing how the NO can follow waypoints but cant adjust the depth if it gets shallow......"

Were you traveling the whole time submerged?

I rarely submerge.. I think in my first 5 patrols off the eastern coast of England I submerged once or twice during daylight attacks in clear, calm seas. I just plotted a course to go around and race ahead of them and submerge approach to 500m to launch.

When visability is low I can get close enough without submerging. Plot an end round attack to get ahead then come in close to her projected course and wait for her.

On my second patrol it was rough seas and rain with visability around 400m. I was sitting there waiting when the ship came into view . I launched at 400m as soon as I saw her and she never saw me.